Swollen Calyx vs Hermie?

415friendly

I know this question has been asked lots, and I've searched for the same question for more information, but as a (still) newb grower, I do need some opinions.

These is an autoflowering NYC Diesel, almost 12 weeks old. They're overdue, breeder says they should be done in about 8 weeks, and they do look close, but trichomes still don't show being ready.

I spotted what I think are swollen calyxes. I also see a bunch that are clustered, which concerns me a little, because I have another plant in the same tent, same age, but is quite a bit further from harvest, and I was going to move a couple more into this tent soon as well.

I'm positive that these are calyxes; they have the little hairs sticking out of them and no stem, but they do look awfully swollen. I'm wondering if they might have been fertilized and are developing seed pods, but I've been looking for pollen sacs around the plant but haven't seen any.

As I look up the stem, towards where the buds are growing, they do look like they are more abundant, but I would also think that should be the case, right? Aren't the calyxes the main source of trichomes and THC secreting glands? I would think swollen calyxes are desirable, but don't know when the swelling is caused by fertilization and undesirable.

These don't quite look ready to me, yet. Lots of trichomes, starting to look frosty, but not quite the right mix of clear/cloudy. Being almost 12 weeks old, I can tell they're near the end, and I have read that they may switch sex at the last minute to try and produce seed. I guess I need to catch it before that happens.

gallery_338_1876_100477.jpg
callyx to me.

Back
Top Bottom