Weed color.

blazendreadlock

Is it possible to change the color of weed? I was thinking i remember back in the old days in school we did experiments where we took plants and gave them dyed water and the plant would turn that color. I was wondering if this is possible with a weed plant? Do it like a week before flowering is done. Any thoughts?

Well, i'd assume that the dye would be harmful for the weed plant.

You can get like.. Nirvana ICE or any other strain that is known to have certain colors, if that would suit you.

ive heard of people using purple food coloring on street weed to make look like purp, most of the times the bud is wet or extremely dry. it's wierd cuz the whole bud even the stem is one color and the hairs look burned. shits crazy!!

Certain strains are, by definition, colors other than green. There are many purple strains out there as well as many others with strange coloring throughout. Most buds however range from light to dark green in color with mostly orange to orangish-red hairs. Also, color is not a gauge of potency, trichome consentration is.

Oh i wasnt actually going to do it, Was just pondering it. Just thought it was a cool thought. I mean it would be kick ass to have a bright blue,red, oarange, or even yellow plant. Oh well.

dropin temps in the last 2 weeks of flowering will get your trichome count up, droping the lighting schedule to under 12/12 giving it more dark will do it for color.

Yea I just finished up an Ice crop by nirvana, each plant was grown from seed and they all have slight hues of purple, yellow/gold and are covered in trichromes with no drop in temperature. They look great :Rasta:

DankCloset said:
dropin temps in the last 2 weeks of flowering will get your trichome count up, droping the lighting schedule to under 12/12 giving it more dark will do it for color.
I once heard that lowering humidity also increases you trichome count because the plant produces trichomes in response to low humidity... Did I hear rihgt?

I've heard the same about the drop in humidity also. Theres a lot of tricks that actually work but you just have to remember there are many rumors that go around too. Stick to the basics and work your way up, each grow just ends up getting better than the last. :allgood:

yeah, when you drop the humidity, the plant tries to lock in as much moisture as possible due to the lack of water in the air. flowers without water shrivel, trichomes are to prevent this.

hey guys i have never see anything like this..... this stuff looks like straight purple dank but there is definitely something weird about it..... i left a chunk on my countertop and my bong leaked a little bit on the nugs when i woke up the next morning i found purple stains on my counter top the weed was not sprayed tho! it looks like it was sucked up in the stalks i have never seen anything like it look at the picture for your self. they must have fed the plants food coloring cuz i dont know what else it could be. why would someone spray dank? i thought it was perfectly normal dank but after seeing the purple come off and stain my countertop i was like ok....
purplehaze.jpg

although the picture makes me want to light it up, it freaks me out that purple is oozing out of it. its not mold and the leaves and inside of stems are reddish purple. if it was real purple then it shouldnt turn the water purple when it sits in it. it honestly does look like some of the most beautiful purple ever though.im not gunna smoke it either way just in case but let me know what you guys think cuz i am stumped on this one. (i still think food coloring in the plants water is the culprit tho) my gf says its a little bit harsher than the other heads i got but i couldn't notice a difference.

Back
Top Bottom