rockwool to soil

Wouldn't think transplanting would be neccessary with 12" cubes, didn't even know they made them that big, opens all sorts of opportunities =>O

no no okay it was a clone. now its in rockwool in a pot. make sense? im wondering if its going to fall apart when i take it out. and am i going to have some rockwool in my soil if it works. i just got a bunch like that and i dont do hydro.

no no okay it was a clone. now its in rockwool in a pot. make sense? im wondering if its going to fall apart when i take it out.
Not sure what you think is going to fall apart. Please clarify.
and am i going to have some rockwool in my soil if it works. i just got a bunch like that and i dont do hydro.
Yes the original cube will remain in the soil. Tons of people do it this way because of the ease of cloning and also for new sprouts. They then continue on with a soil grow. Get after it and get us some pics! please?:smokin:

lol, yep, my mistake, It was suppose to be 2" not 12

I had a feeling........., but imagine if it were true sprout ina 2" cube, veg
into a 3" cube, flower into 12" cube. Then just throw the whole mess away!:>) Using some sort of drip hydro system of course.>)

ill hook it up with pics soon. i used to live in vancouver and moved back to denver, co. now im a caregiver and i grow all legal. im about to get about 5 patients. but the thing is i brought a bunch on seeds back with me. so once i get it all going agian i will show. but its hot as hell in denver right now so its hard.....SHISHKA SHISHKA SHISHKA magical plant

It's fine to transplant rockwool to soil.

The 1" cubes work fine for cloning, you want to wait until the clone is rooted which takes a lot less time to show with 1" or smaller cubes. Once some of the roots start showing through, plant the whole thing in soil.

Remember, rockwool has no nutrients, always include some weak nutrient solution when watering your clones before transplanting, don't flush the cubes with pure water.

Clones extract nutrients from the leaves to grow roots, they need nutrients and will quickly die without any. With Rockwool you need nutrients right away since it is totally free of any.

Always water rockwool with nutrients; also some rooting hormones and super thrive are good ideas.

Back
Top Bottom