Thread: Oops! My plants are drowning

420 Member

Oops! My plants are drowning

I know the symptoms of overwatering and see that I have done so with my plants.

What now?

How do you correct this?

The plants are all droopy and the soil is soggy. I know that overwatering can and will kill plants. Other than not doing it again, what else can be done for the present?

Plant of the Month Winner DEAN420's Avatar

Re: Oops! My plants are drowning...

Quote Originally Posted by Gummy Bear View Post
    I know the symptoms of overwatering and see that I have done so with my plants.

What now?

How do you correct this?

The plants are all droopy and the soil is soggy. I know that overwatering can and will kill plants. Other than not doing it again, what else can be done for the present?
    all u can do now is wait 4 the soil 2 dry out!
    OVERGROW FAQ'S

If humanity wishes to save itself from biospheric destruction it must return to living in natural time

Hope you have drainage at the bottom of the pots they are in but yeah you have to wait to they dry out.

420 Member

Yeah, i've got drainage holes. Just over did the water thing. Also trying to fix nute burn through flushing. That also caused the overwater symptoms. I got carried way with my new ferts. A little dab will do ya!

One of my first grows I over fertilized. As the plants began to burn, I too began flushing them in a utility shower off from my grow room. Sure enough I developed over watering symptoms too. I also believe all you can do is wait. I never had that same problem again, so I really don't know what else to suggest.

420 Member

you can pull them and put them in an H2O2 solution.Adding an airstone to the fluid would also help add O2 to the solution.this happened to me a bit then i went hydro.

420 Member

^^^
    What about soil, though?

Actually, they just recovered on their own. They sagged for a day or so, but there were holes in the bottom of the post, so I guess enough water finally drained out.

I added an extra fan and turned on the humidifier though. Don't know if that played any role in the recovery. Just happy they bounced back, know what I mean?

420 Member

I meant to say DEhumidifier, not humidifier.