How to grow big bud and the most

paintballguy

hi this will be my second time growing. The first time was pretty bad because i didn't get that much bud. I only got like 6 grams if that lol. i am using 2 cfls and floros. I want to know how to grow big bud and the most. I heard something like topping or something but i dont know when you can do that and how to do it. also if you could tell me the ferterlizers i will need in each stage that would be nice.

Re: how to grow big bud and the most

Wow, you have asked a huge question here my friend.
You need to give us a little more info on your lights, grow area, and method of growing before we can really help you. I do not usually tell folks to go to the archives, but I feel you need a little prep. Check out the current grow journals Grow Journals - 420 Magazine,
and go to the Grow FAQ, to do some reading. Grow FAQ - 420 Magazine
When you have a better idea of what you want to do, come back and we can then walk you through your grow.

I am growing these plants in a closet. i have 2 CFL lights that are 42w which i think are equivalent to a 75 watt regular bulb. then i have a florescent light on the side walls so i have 4 lights. Right now only one sprouted out of the cup, I started the seeds in Styrofoams cups and then im going to put them in a 5 gallon buckets. but i want to know how i can get the most bud and the biggest.

To get the most bud you need to grow the plant welll. To grow the biggest bud you need to grow the plant well.
You need to have a very good potting medium to start. Next, you will need to get yourself some flowering ferts, some ventilation (fan + exhaust).
About the most and biggest, there is no one simple answer to tell you my friend. Go here and read up on a model closet grow in progress. Mota's First Indoor Grow - White Widow, Northen Lights & Big Blue

42 watt are 150 watt equ. (CFL anyway) You have to see if they are full spectrum, those will be good for veg, but you need soft whites for flowering.

You CAN get more by topping, but it can be a tossup. sometimes the plant just gows half as much on each side, or the quality of bud may not be as good as not topping.

Read up on topping and LST, and as Moose stated, come back and get a grow journal started and we will help ya out!

I would forget about topping and concentrate on the basics. As I said earlier, if you keep your plant healthy and don't fiddle, you will most likely get a better yield IMO.
Not knowing the strain you are growing can make it difficult to predict growth patterns. If you are determined to get the biggest bud and yield, read this. I strongly suggest you stick with the basics and check out Mota's grow.

Supercropping is a term given to a group of techniques that, when used in conjunction, will produce greatly improved yields over untreated plants. Various methods can be used when supercropping, and they are outlined below.
You can use one or all methods of supercropping, modified to your individual needs. The end result is an increased yield.

Crimping
Crimping is an advanced technique whereby you break the inner herd of the plant without damaging the outer, which is where all the plants strength comes from. Break open the stalk of a cannabis plant and you'll notice immediately the hard, outer herd. This is where textiles come from. The soft inner, lighter colored material is pure cellulose - the phloem and xylem.

iha03111-2.jpg

In vascular plants, phloem is the living tissue that carries organic nutrients, particularly sucrose, a sugar, to all parts of the plant where needed. In trees, the phloem is the innermost layer of the bark, hence the name, derived from the Greek word φλοιος (phloios) for "bark". The phloem is mainly concerned with the transport of glucose and starch made during photosynthesis.

The plant passes water and nutrients cell to cell through this network of cellulose. Breaking the plant's inner walls will cause it to rebuild. But it rebuilds these networks better than they were before; it rebuilds so fast (under good growth conditions) that 24 hours later the plant is using the new highways and it's increased capacity for moving water and nutrients.

This technique can begin as early as the seedling stage. Twisting the plant gently, using both hands so you don't pull on it's roots. Work each of the plants branches every 2", up to once week. Do this by grasping the spot to be treated with two fingers of each hand. Use one hand to stabilize, while the other gently, slowly twists. Or you can twist with both hands in opposite directions, slowly until you feel a slight snap. When the plant's get heartier you will actually be able to hear it.
On smaller branches, you do not need to twist, as firm finger pressure will rupture the herd.

BENDING
Plants naturally bend towards the light. They do this for their benefit, trying to better get into position to receive more light. Why wait for plants to evolve, use your smarts to bend plants into positions that are beneficial. Bending the tip of a branch over into a position where there's no vegetation will speed growth for 2 reasons:

First the branch tip you moved is now getting more unobstructed light by moving it to an area free of vegetation. Second, the area you moved the branch away from is also receiving more light than before. So those parts of the plant also benefit from the move. Potential for growth is increased.

TYING
Forceful confinement or the use of string, twist-ties or a brace of some kind may be required to keep bent branches from simply growing back to their original position. Massage the bending point of the branch with the fingers of one hand while slowly bending -- only intuition will tell you when you've reached the breaking point. Some branches don't have a breaking point, you can tie them in a knot a they'll still grow. Others will snap as soon as you try to bend them. It will take practice and a few broken branches before you learn how far, if at all, any given branch can be manipulated.

TOPPING
Never top an unhealthy plant. Topping is a simple technique of cutting the tip or top of a branch off using sharp scissors. It doesn't matter if it's the main(stem) top or the tip of a side shoot, the resulting effect will be the same. Instead of one top or tip resulting in a single bud, the treated shoot splits and produces 2 or more tips.

It is debatable whether or not this practice will actually increase or decrease the size of buds or overall yield. A healthy plant generally thrives under careful stressing and physical manipulation. This is not something you want to overdue, start slowly and increase the frequency and intensity of your pruning practices over consecutive crop cycles. Gain some experience so you can recognize when you have overdone it.

if you check out other members grow journals, especially your fellow members who have replied to your thread, you will see detailed explanation of nute schedules and also in-depth transplanting and just about any other questions. Moose is trying to stress that you need to give those ladies a good environment first and the bud will come. Check your soils Ph often and keep your temp/humidity reasonable and you should be good. You wont need any nutes for a couple weeks but go out and get some Sea Tea. Dude, just read a couple of grow journals and look at the big fuckin donkey dix that your 420 fam has sprouted :smokin:

what type of soil are you using? Also, are you Ph testing water and soil? If not , check out our sponsors and get a Ph tester, it will be well worth the 20 bucks :bong:

hi this will be my second time growing. The first time was pretty bad because i didn't get that much bud. I only got like 6 grams if that lol. i am using 2 cfls and floros. I want to know how to grow big bud and the most. I heard something like topping or something but i dont know when you can do that and how to do it. also if you could tell me the ferterlizers i will need in each stage that would be nice.

Okay, so here it is. I'm gonna say "John" did everything :p So John started growing only 4 years ago. His first grow as well was some tall lengthy stalk with 6 nodes and 6 feet tall. All he got was the maybe 6 grams. Over the 4 years john studied, tried things different ways.. read quotes like "marijuana is just a weed" now paintballguy.. treat that weed like she's your little sweet princess.. she likes to eat so make her the fattest little princess and he swears you'll find you can never be against over weight ladies. She loves to eat light, nutrients and water. Now let's talk about light. Your using cfl's.. they do work. You ask other peoples opinions but none of us are there with you. John grew bag seed this year outdoors and he used the bending right from seedlings. Currently one plant has about 8 oz's.. you need to watch your nodes. A streched plant is a waste of space. John has nodes every three inches max. Every node is a branch and every branch also gets bent horizontally outward always allowing equal light to every part of the plant. Every branch will deliver a big cluster of buds forming a giant cola. Johns cola buds are about 8-14". Total size of 2' tall 4 1/2'- 5' wide. So put as much lights your princess wants to keep busy making nodes. No time for stem. Nutrients.. people say no but john used some normal decent earth and about a 3-4 inch layer of miracle grow just on top.. never added anymore for vegging. For flowering he used some common vegetable food 10-15-10.. 15 is the nitrogen.. u can even go higher than 15. John doesn't grow indoors but letting your pot get a bit dry will actually help her roots dig deeper and stronger in vegging. Make her work out and burn off all that light. good luck

Back
Top Bottom