Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When does the plant start sexing?

When does the plant start sexing?

I've been growing my plant for 5 weeks from germination. It's 18 inches tall now, and I still see not much sign of sex. Does the sex shows only when it moves into the budding stage? or there is a way you can tell earlier.
    I am thinking of cloning my plant when it's a definate female, would my plant turn into hermi half way through the budding stage?
    Here is the pictures of my plant, notice there is a close shoots on my stem, is that pistil? From the picture below, does my plant look healthy and ready to move to budding stage?

Thanks for the help and I would really appreciate that.

Blog Entries

Re: When does the plant start sexing?

Can't tell from the pics what the sex is but at 5 weeks it should be seeable. You might try to clone it and put the clone directly into 12/12 and have it show you sex. It doesn't need to root first. She (crossing my fingers for you) sure is a stretchy thing isn 't she? You either need more lights, new bulbs or you need to keep the lights closer. Floros should be kept at 2 to 4 inches above the plant. On tube floros like that keep the plants away from the ends of the bulbs. They run twice as hot there.
    Personally as tall as she is and from the stretch already shown, I'd flower her. She's going to double if not triple in height during the first 21 days or so of flower and then slow down but if your lumens are week your going to see one heck of a lanky bitch!lol
    Last edited by Racefan; 05-08-2008 at 01:34 AM.

Yeah...just like you said it's really growing fast as I have to adjust the light every 1 or 2 days. I thought it's just the sign of healthy grow =_=". Now this is the thing which is bothering me, what are those little "look-like-pistil" thing? Damn, yet I thought it's giving me some hope. By the way, as the plant grows taller does it produces more buds?

Blog Entries

She looks sweetly sativa too, gonna be a tall girl.

what are those little "look-like-pistil" thing?
    spurs

By the way, as the plant grows taller does it produces more buds?
    Depends,
    is it forming more nodes are just stretching the ones it has?
    I have to adjust the light every 1 or 2 days
    forming more nodes and bud sites then

lol lanky bitch

Blog Entries

I usually start looking for pre-flowers once the plant (from seeds) has 7 internodes. This may help you.

420 Plant of the Month: Third Place Winner MOTAvation's Avatar

Looks like my 12/12 grows back in the day (15yrs,old) when i started experimenting with cannabis seeds. How many wats of flouros you got? I use to use 80w of flouros.Not much in yield but lot of potency,
    The Mystery Of Life Is Greater Than The Mystery Of Death - La Muerta

Quote Originally Posted by MOTAvation View Post
    Looks like my 12/12 grows back in the day (15yrs,old) when i started experimenting with cannabis seeds. How many wats of flouros you got? I use to use 80w of flouros.Not much in yield but lot of potency,
    Haha,same here. I was experimenting with the seeds and without knowing myself really getting into it. At my country you can only get 36w for each tube, no more than that and it sucks. The problem now I have with these plant its growing taller and taller, about 3 feet now. I need solution for this.

Blog Entries

Time to tie them horizontal, just bend them over day by day.

Damn...my plant is still show no sign of sex yet. It's exact 2 months old now, is it still young or what? I saw another thread and it mention about "pounders". How long am I going to wait!?!?!?

Blog Entries

Forget about pounders. That is a fairy tale on an indoor plant. When are you going to induce flowering, ie when are you going 12/12 - that is when you will see obvious signs of sex. Can you get a clear pic, close up, of the very tip of the plant. I need to see what is going on there to give you effective advice.

After sixweeks of 18/6 indoor, I put my plant to outdoor(12/12 of sunlights) at 17th of May. Here is the pic that you asked for...

This is the closest I can get, don't have a very good camera. How do you tell the difference between spurs and pistils? It looks like spurs to me

Don't be shock by how unhealthy it look, it just rained heavily and the wind blew the whole plant one side down. I have to adjust the plant to leant against the wall so it could bend it back. The plant is about 3 foot tall, I wonder it'll grow bigger or not.

Blog Entries

It's a girl!

wait wait wait..... Can you share your knowledge of identifying the sex? You see that the second picture is not close up enough which it would somehow confuse ppl. What I saw it looks like there is 4 spurs at a node, I could be wrong but what makes you determine that is female?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast