Thread: How long to veg?

How long to veg?

Hey everybody, I'm fairly certain that the answers to my questions are in some forum somewhere, but I am not having too much luck. I also understand that many answers will most likely be strain specific, but any general estimates would be useful. Anyways, here goes:

1) How much taller do plants usually grow during their flowering cycle? For example, if i stopped vegging at 12" how tall would I expect the plant to end up. (assume that the plant receives sufficient light and nutrients and hasnt been specifically pruned to be short and stubby)

2) I'm assuming a general rule of, "the bigger the plant, the larger the yeild." Given that, do longer veg times (ie larger plants) result in siginificantly more yeild? Is there a limit, and if so what is it?

3) Is there such thing as too much light? (assume that heat wont be a problem). And if not, is there a point at which more light wont really affect the plant.

Any answers, or references to good articles, would be greatly appreciated.

Re: How long to veg?

Oh, by the way, I'm looking at an indoor grow as opposed to outdoor, with about 2' x 2' x 6' grow space for one plant

I am not currently growing, but merely doing some research. However, I can tell you what I will most likely have.

Strain: A cross of Humboldt Trainwreck X Humboldt Fire X Cali Kush (most likely grown from clones)

Nutes: (I haven't nailed it down yet) but am looking to do an organic grow with fish nutes and not sure what else:

Lighting: I was thinking 1 250 W HPS and then was considering putting a couple smaller cfl's below my plant's canopy to provide light for lower branches.

I'm thinking, due to space limitations, that I'm gonna start with about 6 or so plants and pick my top 1-2, and then trying to grow them as best I can.

Yeah, the stain is one a guy I know had been developing for a couple years, I'm thinking when the time comes I'll just have a good talk with him.

I'm hoping it will go well, and I'll be sure to document it.

Blog Entries

Last edited by Soniq420; 03-19-2009 at 10:48 AM. Reason: updated link

Thanks for the link Boss, I'll be sure to check it out.