How long to veg?

Enigma14

Hey everybody, I'm fairly certain that the answers to my questions are in some forum somewhere, but I am not having too much luck. I also understand that many answers will most likely be strain specific, but any general estimates would be useful. Anyways, here goes:

1) How much taller do plants usually grow during their flowering cycle? For example, if i stopped vegging at 12" how tall would I expect the plant to end up. (assume that the plant receives sufficient light and nutrients and hasnt been specifically pruned to be short and stubby)

2) I'm assuming a general rule of, "the bigger the plant, the larger the yeild." Given that, do longer veg times (ie larger plants) result in siginificantly more yeild? Is there a limit, and if so what is it?

3) Is there such thing as too much light? (assume that heat wont be a problem). And if not, is there a point at which more light wont really affect the plant.

Any answers, or references to good articles, would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, by the way, I'm looking at an indoor grow as opposed to outdoor, with about 2' x 2' x 6' grow space for one plant

I am not currently growing, but merely doing some research. However, I can tell you what I will most likely have.

Strain: A cross of Humboldt Trainwreck X Humboldt Fire X Cali Kush (most likely grown from clones)

Nutes: (I haven't nailed it down yet) but am looking to do an organic grow with fish nutes and not sure what else:

Lighting: I was thinking 1 250 W HPS and then was considering putting a couple smaller cfl's below my plant's canopy to provide light for lower branches.

I'm thinking, due to space limitations, that I'm gonna start with about 6 or so plants and pick my top 1-2, and then trying to grow them as best I can.

Yeah, the stain is one a guy I know had been developing for a couple years, I'm thinking when the time comes I'll just have a good talk with him.

I'm hoping it will go well, and I'll be sure to document it.

Back
Top Bottom