Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Nutes - What To Use & How To Use Them - Tutorial

Re: NUTES - What To Use and How to use them - Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by DPBud View Post
    So I just recently bought FF nutes Big bloom, Grow big and Tiger bloom. Along with the Microbe. My question is do i need every FF nutes in order to feed plants correctly. Also the tiger bloom says extra strength is this a new thing should the schedule be changed?
    I was wondering the same thing, do you have to buy everything on FF list? I bought the Tiger Bloom and Grow Big. The guy at the garden store had told me that Grow Big is for veg stage and Big Bloom was for flowering stage? Do I still need the Tiger Bloom? I am truly confused?

420 Member of the Month (Oct 10') TorturedSoul's Avatar
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity, but don't rule out malice.
    Blog Entries

According to the feeding schedules available on FoxFarm's website, all three main components are used to varying degree in the flowering phase. So it would seem that you would want the Tiger Bloom too.

FoxFarm Soil & Hydroponics Feeding Schedules page.
    Respectfully,
    Tortured Soul
    Apathy is evil
    "At the end of the season of sorrows comes the time of rejoicing. Spring, like a well-oiled clock, noiselessly indicates this time." -Roger Zelazny

HELP by visiting our sponsors
    PARTICIPATE by reading, learning, & teaching in our forums
    DECIDE by voting in our contests

Blog Entries

I've been growing for over 5 years now and still learning I guess. OK, I'm just noticing that my feeding schedule is normal for what I was using. BUT am I using enough? I didn't (can't afford a meter so that's out) understand why I loose so many leaves during my bloom cycle but now when I re-read the GH bag it say's to use it WITH my regular feeding so do I put the cool bloom in along with my Maxi-grow? I've been using only Cool Bloom during the flowering stage after I turn them 12/12, but usually twice during the bloom given them some of the Maxi cause I feel so bad when the leaves fall. I've seen so many video's of other grows and they seem to be fuller & have more leaves left on the plants then mine when their done blooming.

420 Member

Thanx foe the Nutes chart there is alot of BRILL advice keep up the good work. So when working with hydro's dripp so each week when the Nutes increase do i clean out the reservoir when im increasing then? Also would the EC/PPM range on this product be ok?
    it is a
    New 2385 Nutrient Truncheon Wand --- EC/PPM/CF Meter
    Range- 4-52 CF 0.4-5.2 EC
    280-3640 PPM (ECx700)
    200-2600PPM (ECx500)
    Resolution
    0.1 EC (1 CF)
    70 PPM 700
    50 PPM 500

0.1 EC (1 CF)
    70 PPM 700
    50 PPM 500

Accuracy- 4% of reading
    4% of reading
    As i now know if im going to grow it properly then i must of the corect equipment, I have a ph meter

Re: Nutes - What To Use & How To Use Them - Tutorial

are these Nutes measurements per litre?

420 Member

Not sure here... But I think everyone bases the nutes on a US GAllon..Which is 3.8 liters so go from there IF you are use to using liters

Cannabis Connoisseur Truth Seeker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

we are missing Blue Planet Nutrients Farmer's Pride Organics!!!

420 Member

Fox farm is the best starter nuits and are cheap I used them long ago and the feeding schedual shown looks to be correct

420 Member

Quote Originally Posted by QueenTokelove View Post
    I was wondering the same thing, do you have to buy everything on FF list? I bought the Tiger Bloom and Grow Big. The guy at the garden store had told me that Grow Big is for veg stage and Big Bloom was for flowering stage? Do I still need the Tiger Bloom? I am truly confused?
    Big bloom should be used in all formates and yes you need tiger bloom in flower as well as open ses. Beastie bloomz and cha Ching

wandering aimlessly- probably looking for my glasses!

Folks- please keep in mind-- these charts are DIRECT from FOX FARMS...

Also-- "week one" is when your plant has it's FOURTH SET of true leaves-- not as a baby-

AND you MUST adjust it if using Fox Farms soil-- ALL of these schedules are for non-amended soils... or hydro (for the phasic feeds)

If using Ocean Forest and such, you do not need to feed them until they are almost ready for 12/12 or until after 4 weeks of vegging (after 4th leaf-set) SOME strains, Like Sharksbreath, G13 x Haze are Heavy eaters, and CAN handle it.. BUT: Most Afghani crosses, slow indica's and Berry crosses WILL DIE if over-fed... so please, spare your babies and use caution!

Have a question for someone about sugars....I bought some unsulphered molasses but don't really know how much to add. One girl is two weeks from harvest and I have two others that just went into flower a week ago. I watered all of them last weekend at a rate of two tsp per gallon of H2O. Everything looks fine just need some guidence. Should I use more? Less? Is there a better product for the $$? Also, any tips for pre-harvest?

Cannabis Connoisseur Truth Seeker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

use less, you should only use about 1 tsp per gallon.

Depending on the nutes you use you need to flush the one that is 2 weeks from harvest.

Aw man, I wish i would have read this before I started, I am just starting growing two days ago for the first time in a hydro box, and I think I screwed up. Using GH products, I planted seeds and used the seedling/sprout levels of nutes on them from the beginning. Any suggestions? Think they will sprout? Any help would be appreciated!!

I got my nutrients from General Hydroponics:FloraNova Grow,FloraNova Bloom,Ripen
    and are different from those written.How do i mix them weekly?

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast