Thread: Grow bags?

Question Grow bags?

My plants are in need of a transplant from the dixie party cups. I was looking at pots today at lowes and they are $4 for a 10" pot and $7 for a 12" pot... aka what a rip off. So I was looking online and found some "grow bags". Just wondering what you guys think of these and are these good for MJ? They come in 1/2 gallon, 1,2,3,5,7, and 10 gallon ones. Which one would be the best to where I don't have to transplant again? BTW, all sizes are under a dollar. Or should I just stick with plastic pots?
    I'm a cancer survivor.
    Third grow on the way (bathroom grow)... Strains = Himalaya gold, Strawberry Haze, & White Rhino.

There's the Pure Power Plant (PPP) growing in my closet (second grow)

My first grow! In my closet (poor mans grow)! (grow finished)

Re: Grow bags?

Ive used grow bags before, and they work perfectly fine. I would get the 5gal.

Blog Entries

grow bags are great but I would transplant twice more. From dixie cups to 1 gallon bags and then right before switching to flower I would transplant again from 1 gallon to 5 gallon bags. I myself use 3 gallon bags for my flowering plants.

420 Member

indoor clones should be fine in 3 gal depending on your veg time. grow bags rock! i use em in and out. I would probably go with the 5 just to be safe. not sure if you have a grow shop in the area i get mine there for like 40 cents a piece for the 5 gal/////////
    The conspiracy is no longer a theory

420 Member

I was kind of interested in growing in bags fr my next grow I would really like to learn more about it before going gungho on the project keep me informed onthe progess. If anyone knows of any threads containg info let me know

Phill

Blog Entries

i use the bags aswelland i love them....i went with 3gal...c my grow...(first grow upcomin)..heres a link...http://www.420magazine.com/forums/jo...ming-soon.html

3 gallon

Go to the Dollar store and get 3-2.5 gal. utility buckets.
    1-2 dollars each.
    Drill or poke drain holes in 'em and Rock&Roll

I bought 4.25 gallon pots at walmart for about $2.50. That's crazy lowes wants that much.

If ya wanna go with the bags I'd get the 1 and 3 gallon and get the 5 gallon just in case.

Nobody has issues with the bags falling over when the plant gets bigger? I've thought about them but just don't see them being sturdy. Must be a piece of cake to transplant though, just cut the old bag off.