General Hydroponics Flora series Question

InkJockey

i am doing a soil grow using Flora Micro , FloraGro and Florabloom and i was curious if anyone could school me up on when and how much to use of each. Thanks for you time and i'll be sure to hit you up with some rep points woot woot

i am doing a soil grow using Flora Micro , FloraGro and Florabloom and i was curious if anyone could school me up on when and how much to use of each. Thanks for you time and i'll be sure to hit you up with some rep points woot woot

There is a schedule on the back of each of the three bottles.

You combine them in different amounts and strengths at different stages and the table is very simple to follow.

Do you have them in their original bottles?

regards,

SS

Yeah, he's right. Generaly, you can follow the instructions on the back, but it must say for soil mixture. Otherwise at hydro rate you will burn your plants to oblivion. I'm not kidding. Instead, try this. For grow, I remember my buddy would run about 2 parts bloom, 2 parts micro, and 5 parts grow. 1 part = 1 ml/gal. about...but...thats when he would feed. Soil doesn't need nutes till later. If anything, I would just go real easy on the strength, and watch your plants. If they continue to get yellow on the bottom leaves, then its probably deficincy. No one can really tell you though, it really all depends on the strain.

thanks all... silly me i overlooked this is the FAQ:

GENERAL HYDROPONICS SCHEDULE

PRODUCTS NEEDED:
GH Flora Grow=$10 (USD's)
GH Flora Bloom = $10 (choose hydro blend or soil growing blend!)
GH Flora Micro= $15

WEEKLY FEEDING SCHEDULE:
Week 1 (rooted clones or 3 leaf-sets on seedlings) : 2.5 ml EACH Grow, Micro & Bloom
Week 2: 5ml Grow + 2.5ml Micro + 2.5ml Bloom
Week 3: 10ml Grow + 5ml Micro + 3ml Bloom
Week 4 until 12/12 : 12ml Grow + 6ml Micro + 3ml Bloom
Week 1 of 12/12 : 6ml Grow + 6mil Micro+10ml Bloom
Week 2 of 12/12: 3ml Grow + 7ml Miccro + 12ml Bloom
Week 3: 3ml Grow + 8ml Micro + 14ml Bloom
Week 4: 3ml Grow + 8ml Micro + 16ml Bloom
Week 5: 2..5 Grow + 7ml Micro + 18ml Bloom
Week 6: NO GROW + 6ml Micro + 20ml Bloom USE UNTIL FLUSH!
Flush 10-14 days before harvesting

Phasic Schedule

This is for the Basic 3-Part General hydroponics nutes
Flora Micro, Flora Grow, and Flora Bloom
There are supplements available, and will be discussed at end of nute schedule.

Day one(seedlings or new clones not completely rooted)
2.5 ml Flora Grow + 2.5ml Flora Micro + 2.5 ml Flora Bloom

Day 7 Add: 12.5ml Flora Grow + 7.5ml Flora Micro + 2.5ml Flora Bloom Per Gallon & Top-off reservoir

Keep at this level entire Grow period
Keep reservoir to fill line of water
ONLY ADD nutes if vegging MORE than 5 weeks

Extra vegging: Add 5ml Flora Grow + 2ml Flora micro + 2ml Flora Bloom ONLY ONCE!

When You go 12/12empty & rinse reservoir, then refill and add
5ml Flora Grow + 7.5ml Flora Micro + 15ml Flora Bloom

DAY 30 add: 1ml Flora Grow

On Day 40 of 12/12--add 10ml Flora Micro + 15mg Flora Bloom

SUPPLIMENTATION
General Hydroponics also makes supplements. These are optional products. Some people swear by them, others report little noticeable difference. Try them if you like; you may see some worthwhile results.

Floralicious: Concentrated bioactive microbial, marine, mineral, and plant extracts. Contributes to aroma and flavor
Comes in Grow and Bloom formula-add 5ml to your current nutes schedule.

KoolBloom: Concentrated additive that makes for bigger and more blooms, increases essential oil production.
Add 1.5 grams during last 2 weeks of bloom

CHI: Foliar spray made from Chitin (a marine extract) Makes the plant insect resistant!
Use ONLY as a foliar spray!!
Use 210ml per gallon throughout Veg & bloom cycleuse only every other week, and stop 3 weeks before Harvest!!

Diamond Nectar: Premium Fulvic Acid allows the plant to break-down and use nutrients more efficiently.
Add 40ml during Veg cycle (only once!) and 40ml during 12/12 cycle(only once!)

Florasheild: Natural microbial enzymes that keep your reservoir clean and aids against fungus & disease.
Add 37ml per gallon during each stage... can also use double-strength to sterilize tools!

Flora Kleen: Used as a pre harvest or emergency flush! Follow bottle directions.

Re: 2 Part Hydroponics Nutrients

GH's Flora line is decent enough. If you decide you really like the 3-part configuration you might want to check out some of the other brands too. I've had some really smooth grows with big yields off Advanced Nutrient's 3-part. There's a few different brands out there, most go "grow, micro, bloom" or something similar, but there's a couple brands that have weird names for their 3 parts. If you don't really like using 3-part nutrients but want to stick with hydroponics I'd suggest a 2-part system.

I've never really liked general hydroponics 2-part, it doesn't seem very stable to me. Again, the Advanced Nutrients 2-part I've used has worked a lot better in my hydroponics, but there's other brands too.

Arguably a one-part solution is simpler but they're also a lot less concentrated so you're really buying a lot more water than with a 2 or 3 part nutrients. I just stick with the 2 and three part nutrients in my hydroponics.

Re: 3 Part Hydroponics Nutrients

I think a lot of growers started out with GH's 3-part nutrients, and they're definitely not a bad way to break into hydroponic growing.

It worked well for me when I used it but like some others I was looking for a bit more. I played the field a bit but I would have to agree with what hydroherb said about the Advanced Nutrients stuff. Their 3-part nutrients really simplified things for me. Once you've got a rock-solid foundation your hydroponics practically runs itself.

I actually have been running the Sensi 2-part lately, it's about as simple and solid as hydroponic nutrients come but the 3-part is just as good.

I would say that the best way to use the flora series is with the Lucas formula. I never really got the impression that GH knew how to use their own nutrients.

I'm interested to see how the new version of Advanced Nutrients' three part will do. If it's half what they say it'll really open up the gap between their 3-part and the flora series.

Theirs has always been an improvement on GH's flora series but with all the stuff they've added it should be a night and day difference.

I personally use GH flora series and did use their simple recirculating schedule for the better part of my first grow.

A good reference site from someone who has used GH flora nutrients extensively, check the CannaStats pages.

CannaStats - Nutrient Profiles for Cannabis

GH Flora Series has just burned the shit out of my girls... I recently changed nutes and didn't think it was a big deal....cuz everyone said so. I followed GH's instructions and used their calculator to obtain the exact measuremets. (for hydro) At first it was only one plant that was burned but now 3 of them are showing signs as well. I'm flushing all of them with plain water. Has anyone experienced any issues with Flora Series nutes?

Thanks.
WTF

Ive been GH products for a year nonstop. Ive used their Grow/Bloom/micro with excllent results. I then tried the FloraNova line wit even better results. I stand by GH.

GH Flora Series has just burned the shit out of my girls... I recently changed nutes and didn't think it was a big deal....cuz everyone said so. I followed GH's instructions and used their calculator to obtain the exact measuremets. (for hydro) At first it was only one plant that was burned but now 3 of them are showing signs as well. I'm flushing all of them with plain water. Has anyone experienced any issues with Flora Series nutes?

Thanks.
WTF

Remember that manufacturer gudelines are not specific to any particular plant species but more as a starting point. You found that those guidelines were too strong for your plants, media, grow strategy so going easier on the nutes would be advised. Do you have a TDS and pH meter yet? They can really help you in finding your best nutrient.

Oh, and do check out CannaStats pages as they have info specific to Cannabis and GH nutes.

Thanks.
WTF

Yup, (as others have mentioned) their recommended concentrations are WAY too strong for growing MJ. Could be way too strong for some other plants as well (and possibly even too weak for others). Like everything that's advertised as "one size fits all," it doesn't, really.

But GH products ARE good for MJ if used in the right combinations/concentrations. The whole company came about when some guy was trying to grow MJ on his back porch in dirt and one of his coworkers saw the plants and asked, "Why not do hydroponics?" So the guy started messing with different nutrient formulations. Then he quit his "day job" so he could devote more time to it. And then...

...he founded General Hydroponics.

So, while I cannot say one way or the other as to whether one can grow the best MJ with GH products (I'd have had to have spent several lifetimes trying every possible combination of every possible nutrient formulation lol), I can say with certainty that it is definitely possible to grow excellent MJ with the stuff. After all, the founder is literally "a big head from WAY back."

...I can say with certainty that it is definitely possible to grow excellent MJ with the stuff. After all, the founder is literally "a big head from WAY back."

So far, so good with my grow. In 4 to 6 weeks, I will be able to give an even more authoritative opinion! :Rasta:

FloraNova series was too messy for me, the brown gunk on everything (ebb/flow hydroton) had to go 1/2 strength with them
I switched to GH 3 part, and all was well, no mess...I found that 1/2 strength was perfect for White Widow, Blue Widow and a mixed strains pack from peakseedsbc.

WTF, I used GH at 1/2 the recommended dose listed on the bottle with both FloraNova, and the 3 part series with WW. they loved it.

Back
Top Bottom