After X years of smoking, have your highs changed?

Agen36

My first buzz was in 1966 and I've been smoking since.

Frequently.

Over the decades I've noticed changes in the way I react to the holy herb.

Upon reflection I tend not to get as high off the same amount as I used to.

The giggles and hungries come only infrequently any more.

It's been awhile since I saw sound as a color vibration.

I haven't stayed up for 24 hours straight listening to music in some time.

Most of my buzzes last a couple of hours-I miss the 6 hour ones.
Where oh where have they gone?

I blame it on the indifferent reef we get around here.:eyebrowsmile:

So I'm on a search for the right strain to grow in order to recapture some of the spacey exuberance and deep introspection I used to get from smoking when I was younger.

Still helps me sleep like a baby tho...

I too have experienced the high changing as I got older and for the longer I smoked...

When I first started blazing in the early 90s I would get the uncontrollable giggles, laughing at just about anything so hard my stomach muscles would hurt. Around the same time the high would last 6+ hours off a single bowl. Also I seemed to be more "paranoid" when I was a young smoker thinking that everyone knew that I was high which used to mess with me.

As I smoked more and more frequently the high changed as well. No more does a high last me more than an hour or 2...unless I'm smoking my high brix weed which will keep me higher longer. I also don't have the urge to laugh at just anything anymore and the high has just become a more "relaxing" normal to me. I also got over the "paranoid, everyone knows" feeling and now being high is normal to me...

I remember when i first started smoking about 4 or 5 years ago, i never really felt much, even after like4 or 5 bong rips. The first time I remember being high was like my 5th or 6th time, taking copious rips from my friends grav bong. Later on i remembering throwing long stalks of grass at cows in my friends back yard that night, and thinking it was so funny how stupid i thought cows looked that night. sorry cows, you are probably decomposed right now, but i am sorry i threw grass at you. If you could get high you'de understand i guess. Anyway... about a year later, my highs turned into me getting very nauseous as after smoking large amounts the room would begin doing a weird spinny thing until I passed out. Musta gotten ahold of some laced ditch weed or something. It all subsided though one night I got completely broiled and i decided it would be a good night for my the first salvia trip... Not going to get into that. The trip lasted until the next mourning even though Salvia trips typically last about 15-20 minutes. Man, that was the scariest night of my life. But now I toke and just get high, which is awesome. My suggestion if you have a high tolerance... just take about a month break, I did and I get blazed off of like one bowl now. Thats perfectly fine with me!

My suggestion if you have a high tolerance... just take about a month break, I did and I get blazed off of like one bowl now. Thats perfectly fine with me!

Yup, that works, but only If I don't immediately launch into my 2-3 buzzes a day, then I'm back to "normal".

Really good reef I'll feel on the first toke: that warm fuzzy sensation that says "Alright, good stuff!"

You can also get strain tollerant. So, if you smoke the same shit day after day after day, then you will become tolerant. I always get blazed on the first toke or two when I try a new strain. But, the next time, it just isn't as great.

You can also get strain tolerant.

I guess that makes sense...

Used to smoke exclusively joints, then migrated to pipes and stayed there.
For some reason a bong doesn't do it for me; kinda like I have to feel the heat of the burn.
I am dreaming about a 4 person brass hookah about 3' high-probably for Christmas. I can hope...:bigblush:

I find I don't get as High as I use too but for the most part I find its a good thing cause if I got as high as I use too all the time I wouldnt get anything done. Although when I do want to get that high I find medibles work wonders.

I first tried mary jane @ when I was younger and new instantly I was among my minions. What I have noticed since biginning a year ago to start growing my own is that I smoke alot more and more often. the couch lock from la confi. is a glorious moment for me that has been the only thing in life that has been able to temporarily shut off the circus in the cranial cavity. My ol' lady trips out when she watches the circus begin to stop turning, then she sits back and enjoys the babbling brooke of horse dookie' that flows out of my hole. The nervous rip my dam heart out of my chest weed from 1984 is hopefully a very distant thing of the past. I like the affect of all the strain I have encountered in the last year. Another favorite is Tahoe Og very, very skunky. yeah boi.

Well, certainly highs vary according to what kinda bud you're smoking - I've been smoking many lifetimes, too, and do not notice much if any change in the highs. You don't do all the things you did while high when you were young cuz u ain't young anymore - simple. Yet - You're as young as you feel ;)

I think endorphins and such change in our brains as we get older. I don't get high quite the same way as when I was a teenager, or listen to music the same way, and a lot of other things. I'm not saying this is bad- just different. Another effect of growing older is that I've learned to smoke more wisely. Everyone has different reactions to cannabis and it took me a ridiculous number of years to figure out that just because my buddies could smoke fatties all day long didn't mean I should. Also discovered better ways of smoking, refining, eating that suit me better... Many many past mental misadventures and paranoid misunderstandings which i could have avoided by just smoking a Lot less! I use it more wisely now and wish I had figured out some things sooner.

Yeah changing the strains is the key. For some unknown reason I can smoke indica bud/hash just for 2-3 days, and then I develop such a tolerance I can keep blazing fat joints or bong bowls, and it doesn't really do nothing for me. Sativas I can keep smoking for a while without getting the ceiling though, especially my Himalayan hash which is a great stuff. I guess for that reason people switch to bubble or dab, more THC gets you higher more effectively, but even here tolerance comes sooner or later, and the best way for me is just to take a break from smoking for few days here and there :tokin:

After a decade of nearly daily smoking it's really not as psychedelically or as intoxicating anymore unless I take long breaks to let my tolerance wind down. Otherwise it mostly just gives me a feeling of relaxation and a mild buzz, whereas the first few years even a small bowl would make me inebriated.

Then of course there's concentrates which tend to get me inebriated now, but I don't like to smoke frequently because they raise my tolerance to such levels that flowers do nothing. Still taste good to smoke and the other cannabinoids tend to moderate my depression/anxiety still, but as far as an intoxicated effect it's not very noticeable.

Changing strains is something I'll get behind too but I don't think it really matters going from Sativa to Indica. It seems that smoking ANY other weed than the one you've been puffing on tends to change it up.

High? I'm surprised that you still get it after 49 years of smoking... Only been smoking 24 years myself.. But high? I feel normal after a few cones in the morning. Does control the adhd like craziness I had, but that may have been hormones and I wouldn't know if I'm like that now cause I smoke everyday, lol... It allows me to get involved in a days work, not look at the clock wishing I was elsewhere, but again, I'm 40 now and not really wanting to get home dressed up and out into the city & get on it... It stops/effects most movies I watch (fall asleep). I'd rather sleep on the couch than have to go to bed, lol... The "high" if that's what it is, has changed for me so much. Man, night light used to look neon, now, they look like night lights. Get stoned, walk into a bright convenience store, laughing with mates, getting doughnuts and ice creams at 2/3 in morning, paranoid about being stoned but being so obvious about it (young,lol) It used to be so social also, 4 of us getting some smoke, putting in the bowl and passing it around. I smoke more often by myself now than with others. I still love it though.

Back
Top Bottom