How do the Mexican growers brick their buds?

smokingjesus

What kind of tool or machinery do they use? can I get any pics of this?

Please tell me how the Mexicans brick their buds. nobody seems to know :tokin:

That's all

thanks,

smokingjesus

If you want to brick bud why not make a frame and press that works for your particular needs.

Air tight bud will ferment and ultimately decompose which is very bad. This seems a real issue with African brick that is pressed wet, I'm not so sure about Mexican brick.

I'd imagine vacuum bagging dry bud in a pressed form would be the best way to go.

When I was a kid all I could afford was mexican brick middies. I would see my guy and he would break a chunk off for my brother and me. It was full of seeds and tasted terrible but it did the trick... lol!

I always wondered how they did it.. now that I can legally grow my own for medicinal purposes, I think back and realize whoever grew that really didn't care at all about quality! god only knows what kind of pesticides i must have inhaled!!

In the sixties and seventies when brick weed was everywhere they used trash compactors to make the bricks. You just threw the weed in and it compacted and bagged, simple fast and easy.

I've never owned a trash compactor, but I recall the bags are a little large; equal huge bricks.

I would think a quality brick would be more along the lines of bricks of coffee.

Maybe mixtures of different herb aimed at particular uses and flavor profiles.

Hate on trash brick is mainly something we should avoid here, or so I think.

What quality bricks are you talking about. The only reason to compact weed is to make transportation easier. This is not a good way to store your smoke. Brick weed in the sixties and seventies was about 1/2 seeds and stems. There were also bugs rocks and other things you didn't want, but that was what brick weed was all about.

Let's just for the sake of conversation presume there is an alternative reason for bricking your cannabis.

I'll go ahead and offer the possibility that one might expect a future job loss that might prevent ability to grow or access medication for an extended period of time.

It would seem that bricking, while not optimal might be the most practical way of securing enough meds to hold one over till better times.

I can only presume that bricking in a manner similar to that which coffee is bricked would be the best present option.

Obviously if you brick trash you'll not open a brick to find a wonderous smoke. But if you brick a good well sorted allotment of bud at just the right moisture content, and deprive it access to both light and oxygen, you might not feel so bad lighting it up when your broke some time down the road.

DRM Ranch

Back
Top Bottom