Toss or smoke?

onefour

My buddy, who in general is to be trusted on such things, is claiming that you shouldn't smoke what-i-would-use-as-the-last-two-or-three-tokes of a bowlful. He's saying that it's already been heated, the stuff you want has been vaporized and inhaled, and that you're just taking in two or three lungfuls of nearly useless smoke. He dumps his bowls way before I ever do. What do you think? Can anyone provide hard facts?

Re: Toss, or smoke?

Hard facts I don't know- but if I had a mostly smoked bowl I would just toss it unless I was fairly desperate. Half smoked can be ok, like that huge bowl you just couldn't get through, but to me the dregs of a pipe are sometimes even worse than nothing because of the cloudy murky hazy stupid high that I personally anyway get from it. Other times that murky high is better than nothing but never better than fresh smoke so if you have it don't bother. Peace!

I think he has a point. THC is vaporized at a lower temperature. But even with that being said, I own a vaporizer and can get anywhere from 6-8 good hits from it. I own an Arizer Pro, so the bowl size is probably about .25 grams max you would want to put in it. If going by that size of bowl, which is a smaller/med size bowl, I think that a traditional bowl should last between 3-6 good hits. I realize you asked about smoking the last little bit of possibly slightly burnt material in the bowl. Honestly my tolerance is a bit higher and I would say it really is not worth it to me. It would only have me craving for more and I would honestly be scrapping my pipe to smoke the harmful resins built up. I think it depends on the person and there tolerance whether it would be worth it to hit that or not. It could possibly reduce cravings right there and then, for like the 20-40 min you actually get high. The reason I went to a vaporizer in the first place I was tired of getting sick in cold weather and I was tired of knowing that I was harming myself by smoking tars and residues built up in my pipe. It is not to say I do not occasionally use a bowl/paper/other means but I have found that the vaporizer annoys less people I smoke around who do not really care to much for the smell and I feel healthier because guess what I am not the one hacking and coughing this year during the winter.

One other cool thing is that you can still use your vaporizer and smoke out of a bong, takes a bit of skill and finding the correct attachments but it is possible if you want to hit a bong, to bong rip using a vape.

I haven't smoked the dregs of a bowl in years. I have long held the belief that after a couple of hits of a normal sized bowl the THC has been virtually vaporized and you are left smoking plant matter. If I am home I smoke out of a bong with an ash catcher exclusively. And I usually don't finish that. I have a poker and a rubber ash tray to clear the bowl.

Oh wow guys, I had never thought about it like this. I use a tiny little spoon most days and I smoke it all the way. Always have, but hey, when your a young toker with your other poor young toker friends, you smoke it till you hit the literal bottom. I may try this with some of the new harvest and see how much different it is from smoking it "clean"

Thanks all!

it is a really good point actually. I was thinking about the same thing. I have a vapourizer too, I read up how they work. heat the weed to below burning temp releases the thc.

I was thinking joint, the first puff would be the best, a ton of thc would vape as the smoke pulled thriugh the joint, and my way of thinking says each puff thereafter is a bit less potent. makes sense to me anyway, cheers

I like clean green hits but i don't want to waste weed i pack one hitters in my bong.. id rather repack my bong then dump out weed.

agree, would never dump out though,, just an observation. i am a fan of 'single shots' as i call them, myself, in my pipe

P1140396.JPG

I side with your friend... not only is there less thc but it also tastes gross. Pack one hitters each time and you always tastes fresh herb:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom