Who is the person behind the ban on pot?

hend1048

probably the wrong place

I'm new here and Ive been trying to find a place to ask a question but this is the only place I can find. Am I at the right place?

ok. I've been looking around and haven't found an answer to this. Why way back in the day was the ban on pot put in place. Who did it and what was gained by the action. I don't mean the federal gov. The person and the real reason behind it. Thanks

Re: probably the wrong place

Who actually started the ban on pot, why, and what did they gain from it?

I typed your question into guggle and the second hit on the first page pretty much answers it. :cheesygrinsmiley:

So that's probably the place to get the fastest answer.

Wow. That documentary really lays it all out. Thanks. Really informative and kinda makes ya angry as well. Somebody at the DOJ needs to sit down and watch this. Thanks again.

This was a great documentary, although it focuses on Jack Herer & his journey discovering cannabis/hemp's historical & social relevance & spreading that to the masses, rather than being solely about prohibition in America, itself. It does cover just about every facet of the history of cannabis, to some degree; It touches upon many, many aspects. Like I said, a great documentary. There are others which focus more on this post's original question, are more current & surely some are already on this site; Certainly on Youtube. I watched one in particular that I wish I could remember the name of, which spend more time on the beginnings of illegalization etc. but it's easy to do searches & find them, too. I enjoyed learning about Jack Herer in this one, as well...Peace.

Back
Top Bottom