My list of strains I want to grow

DoctorDank

Ok, so I'm new at growing and well into my first grow. I have set myself up with a perpetual grow system and as I don't have a cannabis dispensary where I'm from, I dream of being my own dispensary. I one day want to go to the cupboard and browse through a range of 20 strains with the freedom to choose the one that fits the mood or medical requirement. Most of these strains I have never tried but researched and wanted for some time.

I thought I'd document the list here along with a short diddy on why and see if anyone else would like to share. Im sure my list will evolve and change over time with new strains being released all the time but it will be nice to look back on it one day regardless.

So here we go, my 20 most wanted strains:

1. Durban Poison - Where I'm from, most weed on the market is indica dominate and on a trip to South Africa, I was lucky enough to try this strain in Durban itself. My first experience with a sativa was wild and experience stuck with me. I have a Dutch Passions Durban Poison seed ready to go and it will be one the first photoperiods I'll ever grow.

2. L.S.D - I just love the description of the high from this strain and I have read a number of great reviews. A triply and euphoric high with a powerful high and deeply relaxing indica dominate effect. 80/20 indica/ sativa, up to 24% THC and 1.3% CBD, high yields and cannabis cup credentials all add up to an irresistible strain to try. I also have a seed ready to go, this one is from Barneys Farm.

3. Green Crack - Like many of the strains on my list, hype plays a part in the intrigue and when snoop gives a strain a name like this after hitting it, well shit, who wouldn't want to try that?! I also have this seed in the wings for a future grow. I found a number of versions of this when researching but settled on the Cali Connection which claims to be the famed Cecil B. cut, the cut that Snoop Dogg made famous back in the day. It's an indica dominate high yield strain with a medium hit. Apparently the high is awesome and the medium hit has you wanting to hit it over and over again, hence the name Green Crack.

4. Girl Scout Cookies - Again, the hype around this one is an irresistible draw card. A mix of the famous (and next on my list) OG Kush strain and my number 1 must wanted, Durban Poison, it's effects read much like the L.S.D strain. I am yet to find a seed bank that offers the real deal and with many different phenos of this one out there, I'm not yet confident enough to bother taking a gamble on one of them. One I will need to try some day.

5. OG Kush - The myth, the legend that is OG Kush! Everyone has heard of OG Kush, probably because it's a favourite amongst west coast rappers. Hard hitting, relaxing yet very chatty and sociable high, it sounds like the type of weed I would dig. I am saving this grow for when I have enough experience and confidence to manage this strain. Kush is reported to have an intense dankness to it that makes scent difficult to control. It also grows large dense buds prone to mould and I am yet to master humidity control.

6. Pineapple Express - Great movie and the intrigue factor is huge with this one. Which came first, the movie or the strain? Is it a real strain at all? From what I can gather, there is very little consensus on this strain other than its a sativa or sativa dominate strain with a fruity smell and pineapple taste. With so much BS around this one, it's difficult to invest in but there are some intriguing options out there, particularly G13 Labs.

7. Tutankhamon - This Pyramid Seeds strain is reported to get as high as 33% THC. I'd love to grow this and turn it into BHO and see just how high it's possible to get. More of a "challenge accepted" strain.

8. Blue Cheese - The cheese strains sound delicious and of all the ones I researched, Blue Cheese sounded the most appetising. With aged cheese flavours and a blueberry aftertaste, up to 24% THC and high yields, she sounds like a winner to me. 80/20 indica/sativa, it's couch lock and munchies material which just so happens to be a favourite past time of mine.

9. Holy Grail Kush - The only Cannabis Cup winner to ever get a perfect 10/10. Described as that one plant you'd want if you could only ever have one strain again. Ãœber hype with this one, who wouldn't want to grow what's sounds like the most perfect plant ever? Im yet to find a perfect review of this one and I imagine that replicating the cup winning plant is best left to the more experienced. A long term goal.

10. THC Bomb - It's bright purple and packed full of THC! Sounds like a party to me! A 50/50 hybrid with THC levels reaching 60% and a high yield, this is one attractive plant.

11. Strawberry Cough - Dinafem claim to have the original Kyle Kushman strain made famous in NYC. Dinafem from all reports have a good name as seed bank and their strain sounds quite nice. It's a 50/50 hybrid with an average yield and medium hit. It has a strawberry flavour and an expectorant effect that's gave it it's name.

12. Cookies Kush - GSC X OG Kush, my number 4 crossed with my number 5 and a match made in heaven. It's a 70/30 indica/sativa with up to 24% THC and 1.2% CBD. I must have a thing for the kushes because there's a bunch I want to try including the the next one.

13. Star Killer - This strain from Rare Dankness is a Skywalker OG X RD#2 and is a kushy sweet strain with many good reviews from growers. I love the name of this breeder and the whole package has me sold.

14. Chemdawg - The diesel strains also have me curious and as Chemdawg is said to be the parent of OG Kush and Sour Diesel, it sounds like great introduction. I like that has a little story, true or not don't know but supposedly it originated from the Grateful deads crew. It has great reviews and has earned a place on this list.

15. White Widow - Another famous strain that I'd like to grow just to say I have. It has great reviews and is a heavy hitting sativa dominate hybrid.

16. AK47 - Another famous, super strong, sativa hybrid. It's got a cannabis cup to its name and reviews are excellent. It's a well established strain and very well know.

17. White Rhino - A really big yielder with high THC, CBD and CBN content. Indica dominate it's a couch locker that knocks you on your ass. It has great medicinal effects and perfect for R&R

18. Pineapple Chunk - Another couch locker with high THC and CBD levels. Indica dominant with a cheese flavour and a pineapple aftertaste. It has a similar profile to Blue Cheese.

19. 8-Ball Kush - Variety is the spice of life and this strain has it in spades. It's strong and very resinous and sounds like a great one for experimenting with making hash.

20 - Cancers Nightmare - This one is a highly medicinal strain with 1:1 THC to CBD ration ranging from 12-16%. These are some of the best 1:1 ratios I've seen for medical strains and one I would love to have in the collection.

Well that's my list. Quite a few runners up but this is how it stands as of right now. I'd love to hear others thoughts on the list (other than "that's a long ass list") and see others lists as well.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Any particular breeders you'd recommend for those strains?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I dream of having fields of Bruce banner #3
You and me both, brother. Its not a hard strain to grow, I have 2 vegging right now. They've literally never stunted unless I wanted them to and this is my first grow. Granted I've done a shit load of research but I mangled them pretty hard in the beginning and they're still going strong, unlike it's namesake.

Sent from my VS985 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom