How are ceramic pipes and bongs?

xwwx

How are ceramic pipes and bongs compared to glass and metal ones? My gf is making me a few ceramic pipes as well as a bong or two in her ceramics class. I don't think i've ever smoked from one, and am wondering what to expect.

Brotha.. Just get a Glass Bong and call it a day...

Anything thats Glass is best to smoke out of.. Not plastic

That made me laugh. Im gonna go ahead and agree with Bud smoker. I cant see how smoking out of plastic could work unless theres a glass or metal bowl in it. I would think that the plastic would give off a nasty taste. Plus, if there is no glass or metal bowl, its gonna melt it. Yuck. Goodluck though, i know how girlfriends can be.

Um, ceramic is NOT plastic.
I'd say better than metal but not as good as glass. I've used some cool ceramic pipes.

Goodluck though, i know how girlfriends can be.

Yeah, what a fucking weird girlfriend. I mean, what kind of dumb bitch tries to make something with her own hands for her boyfriend. The nerve of some chicks. :hmmmm:

got to get GLASS... dont mess around... i only smoke out of glass now days... and in the old days i tried to make one.. not to good.. just spend the money and get glass

i swear i dont think people read and digest anything b4 they post now adays, how can you confuse ceramic and acrylic (plastic)?

either way... my dad has a ceramic naked chick devil type bong that is older than me with a carb hole right on the small of the naked chicks back.. its pretty sweet.. except the metal bowl part... its about 12-14 in tall and rips like a champ. only downside.. cant see into how much your pulling.. the other good thing about ceramic stuff is that its got nice weight to it, you dont feel like your holding a fragile piece of glass. i still love my glass 14" lux perc though.. ill never let it go.

Endo

Dude, no WAY, that is the EXACT bong that my uncle had. Seriously. The bowl comes up from between her legs, she's kneeling sorta. Carb right above her ass crack. Got a little square base to it so you can set it down. LOL. Thats fuckin' awesome. His is also older than me. :headbanger:

That is almost like one of the pipes shes making me, its being fired right now she just glazed it. Its a naked chick. Thats all I know. = ).

and just for everyone telling me to buy a glass pipe.. I have two, I just have not smoked out of a ceramic pipe and wanted to know how it will hit.

Thanks for all the replies. I'm looking forward to trying them out and will be sure to try to get some pics up when I get them = D

Ok to clear that up since we want to make a big deal, i didnt mean "i know how girlfriends can be" in a bad way, i just know they make you do shit sometimes that you dont want to do. And as for the ceramic not being plastic, no i wasnt thinking, so... MY FUCKING BAD.

Ceramic smokes pretty much the same as glass, it has no interference with the flavor, so in that respect ceramic and glass are the same how they differ is in the style of the piece. As for bongs I generally get more than I bargain for due to the fact that you cannot see how big of a hit you are taking since ceramic is not clear. But as for pipes they smoke as glass would, again its harder to clean because you cannot see through the bowl to see if there is any garbage in there.

Thanks brett. Should I clean it the same way you would clean glass pieces, or is there anything special I should do to clean the ceramic pipes and bong?

i swear i dont think people read and digest anything b4 they post now adays, how can you confuse ceramic and acrylic (plastic)?

endo...thats exactly what iw as thinking....their completely different so why the hell are yall talking about acrylic in this thread anyway? he said ceramic...
as for cermaic and its smoking properties , ive had cermaic bongs...they break easy on a hard surface...but of course so does glass...its smokes just as good as anything...depending on the type of bowl you use on it...being it metal, glass (which would be the best by far)

ATTENTION!!!!: You can not safely smoke from just any clay. Certain clays have heavy metals and other harmfull stuff in them. Same goes for glazes. I remember my art teacher teaching me this, she was cool with weed. So I'm not 100% sure this wasn't a tactic to keep us from making bongs in class, but she would've noticed if we were making a bong and stoped it. In my opinion she was being honest and didn't want us getting sick.

So, take this warning as you will, but it is always a good idea to infestigate the materials being used before making smoking equipment.

I was under the impression that clay was just dirt, but very fine, silt I believe its called. Glaze didn't come to mind, thats a good point. But like you said it could have been a tactic to keep you from making them. As for cleaning I would just use salt and 99% Iso.

Thanks for the warning and the cleaning tip.

Ill try to find out what my gf glazed them with and do some research online or something. Heh, I honestly did not even think about the glaze. Thanks again for that, seriously.

I'm actually not sure. I know for sure shes ordering a bowl and stem for the bong, but I don't know about the pipes. I don't even know if it is a glass bowl or metal.. I'm pretty sure its most likely metal, but that doesn't matter so much for a bong.

Back
Top Bottom