Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Best way to get resin out of piece so you can smoke it?

Re: best way to get resin out of piece so you can smoke it?

I am also desperate! lol I think I may use that joint paper idea! I have to also throw in for the ladies, because I didn't happen to have any paper clips conveniently lying around, a bobby pin flattened out works quite well also! Sadly my pipe is pretty clean by now...sighs.... just moved to a new city and don't have any connections, freakin sucks.

Thumbs up Re: best way to get resin out of piece so you can smoke it?

Alright ill let you paper clip users and scrapers in on a little secret that will get you about three times as much resin... first off take your pipe and put it in a bowl of water (enough water to cover the pipe) and put it in the microwave cook for about 3 min... then remove your pipe and let it cool off (use tongs to grab your pipe its really hot)... now strain your bowl of water and resin through a coffee filter( do it slowly so the water dosent fly everywhere...after the water is gone cook the filter with the resin on it for about 10 seconds....now scrape all the resin on your filter into one pile....by this time your pipe should be cooled....go ahead and scrape your bowl out too and put the resin on the coffee filter...it should be alot softer and easier to scrape...now cook your coffee filter in ten second intervals until its dry (dont over cook or you will burn your resin)... your resin is now ready to smoke load your bowl and fire it up....

:To get rid of the nasty smell in your microwave just cook a slice of lemon in there for about 30 sec.. smell is gone...

:Metal pipes do the same except dont put your pipe in the microwave just boil it on the stove...still use the microwave to dry it out though....

total time about 10-15 min.. Enjoy

Thanks! Totally just had to google this cuz my piece is an awkward shape anddd I just ran out

I agree that using a paper clip works well. I found that metal clothes hangers works even better. Much stronger and easier to grip. Bend it back and forth where you want it to break and you don't even need anything to cut it with. My piece is thick so i get fairly aggressive then beat on the bowl part with my hand and a lot of black ashy looking bits fall out.. Gotten me blazed on more than one occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieMopps View Post
    I just straighten out a parer clip and go in through the shotgun hole. It takes some time but I can usually pull out a good amount. After i'm done with the res tokin i'll usually boil my piece.
    This is me. Or something like a paperclip... big ol earings work too lmao

I'm not putting all the effort of alcohol, charcoal etc. I'm lazy. I'm so lazy in fact that it's generally my other half that gets the resin out for me haha

GL!!
    "A great many people think they are thinking when they are acutally rearranging their prejudices."
    - William James (1842-1910)

Organic Scrog

I allways thought that was tar and just wash my bong out with 99% iso and coarse sea salt !! I like a clean bong ! That nasty stuff gives me headaches !! just my 2 cents guys. I've been smokin this weed for over 40 yrs and if I run out I'd rather just wait for the next grow or trip to the disp.!!
    Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm
    If it ain't broke ..break it

resin secretes from your bud. tar comes from your bowl.i like resin,i hate tar.i smoked tar before,desperate and inexperienced. never again, its harmful, taste like ass, gave me headache,and your not really getting "high". so dont smoke tar.:

i find the best way to get most resin is to boil the bowl, strain the water throught a coffee filter, then put the resin on wax paper, then let dry

Blog Entries

Re: Best way to get resin out of piece so you can smoke it?

i have a metal pipe the one that you unscrew ...i have a long flat screwdriver it works goog for my piece it gets alot of resin out i also burn the bowl or any where theres some resin at so it can get soft so i can get the resin out...
    i also resin out a glass pipe which is a more harder than the one i got cuz it can break of course so what i do is get a little knife & first burn the bowl a lil bit to get the resin soft then gently start getting the resin out.then when im done with that i get the bobby pin & start getting the resin out of the inside trew the mouth piece or carve. the hard part about the inside is that when you get resin from the inside its hard to get it out of them lil holes so just be patiened & when you done you know what to do!

Talking Re: Best way to get resin out of piece so you can smoke it?

Quote Originally Posted by Fight2Legalize View Post
    yea so everybody is dry around here and i am in desperate need for some thc in my system....i need to know the best way to get resin out of my bowl so i will have a good amount to smoke...any advice would be great..thanx

the way i get resin out of my pipe is by using a dental instrument. hahaha it has 2 ends, one is kind of pointy but bends a little, and the other end is round, which makes it easy to put it in through the clear hole and yeah it gets most of it out if you use it right. i think this is better than to put it in a cup and bla bla bla u can probably get it at walmart or sumthing as part of a package with a toothbrush.

paperclip works great, thanks for the advice. btw resin hits are fuckin bomb when you dont clean it for 6 months... haha

dude get a cup of hot water and leave ure bowl inside of it for like a min or two then take it out and get a skinny screw diver or flat head a really little one that fits thru the holes of ure bowl and scrape it out then put it on paper and when its on paper roll it into a lil ball but wait for it to harden up a bit from the water cuz then ulll rub off all the resin onto ure fingers and lose some resin. then smoke it and get blasted or pack it wit bud. i just finish scrapin mine up and im soo gone. ;$

Soak it in a glass bowl in Everclear (pure grain alcohol), remove the pipe, then just let the Everclear evaporate in the bowl and scrape out the resin (I agree that type of resin is mostly tar, but this chimp ain't picky). It's a little messy, though.....

Talking Re: Best way to get resin out of piece so you can smoke it?

I just used the microwave method & honestly I haven't been this high in a long ass time.

you can smoke your pipe threw your carb sorta slowly and get to some resin you havent burned yet, sounds crazy but it works

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast