Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Selling Glass Tobacco Pipes

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3

    Selling Glass Tobacco Pipes

    Hey everyone, I need your help!!!!I just moved to Indiana and I blow glass. I just recently started to make glass tobacco pipes and I was wondering how I should go about selling them. Is it legal to sell glass tobacco pipes on the street to random people or do I need to attain some sort of license???? Does anyone know who I could ask to find this info out...any information would be amazing thanks.
    Ricorico likes this.

  2. #2
    New Member Respect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    0

    Re: Selling Glass Tobacco Pipes

    you have to check your local and state laws. In most cases you have to sell your products for "tobacco use only." Most headshops and suppliers are often approached by undercover police who ask specific questions about "getting high" "getting blazed" or even use references to roaches or resin and if you serve them they will arrest you. I imagine there has to be a list of words that if your customers use you have to deny them service, no matter what. There was one near me where the cops told the owner that, "they had a friend who really liked to get blazed and they wanted to get him a gift." They arrested him and seized his life savings. You should check it out.
    Ricorico likes this.

  3. #3
    On Vacation bergdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    369

    Re: Selling Glass Tobacco Pipes

    Yeah at some headshops there's alot of signs around saying you have to use proper lingo with pipes or you'll be kicked out. I know one guy that tried to sell a box of pipes to a pipe shop and they told him to get the fuck out.

  4. #4
    420 Member Reefer2me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    "Nestled in between the Mountains and Reality"
    Posts
    163

    Re: Selling Glass Tobacco Pipes

    You can check out festivals and other things of that nature. Most times all you have to pay is a table 'er vendor fee.

    Me and my BFF used to make hemp dog leashes and hemp choke style collars ans sell them. I made a pretty good profit and met some great stoners.
    If you dont like my fire then dont come around cause Im gunna burn one down...
    I LOVE BONGHITSSSS.....
    My life is like a cartoon......I just erase the things I hate

  5. #5
    420 Member Medical Marijuana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    0
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Selling Glass Tobacco Pipes

    You could also become a sponsor of 420 Magazine and outlet your pipes here. If that interests you, please contact advertising@420magazine.com
    Ricorico likes this.

  6. #6
    420 Member FreakNature's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    pac nor'west
    Posts
    2,103

    Re: Selling Glass Tobacco Pipes

    Possession of paraphernalia in Indiana is a civil fine up to $10,000 for the first offense, a felony w/ up to 3 years in jail for subsequent offenses. Where I live, manufacturing paraphernalia is a felony. I do ceramics - if I made a 16" tall 1-1/2" diameter cylinder w/ a hole near the bottom, I could go to jail for 9 years. A lot of murderers get off easier.

    Check out the NORML site for state specific laws.
    Ricorico likes this.

  7. #7
    420 Member Medical Marijuana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    0
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Selling Glass Tobacco Pipes

    I had no idea it was that draconion for paraphernalia in the US.
    Ricorico likes this.

  8. #8
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3

    Re: Selling Glass Tobacco Pipes

    In indiana you are allowed to sell pipes in stores if they are used for tobacco use only. There are a couple of shops in town that sell glass. It a weird loop hole. Although, there are undercover cops who go into headshops around here and try to trick one of the workers into saying its used for weed and if they do they immediately seize all of the products and fine them. I am just not sure if I can sell them to any person on the street or not. I am considering contacting an attorney in Indiana to find out more information. The first amendment allows anyone to sell something without a vendors license if it is artwork. I consider glass to be artwork. Whats everyone else think??
    Ricorico likes this.

  9. #9
    420 Member beensmokin420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    :noitacoL
    Posts
    1,367

    Re: Selling Glass Tobacco Pipes

    I think you should start up a website and go from there, just my 2 cents. I know nothing about the glass industry but I do know there isnt enough good quality glass sellers on the net. I feel the CANNAseur is left out when it comes to quality glass and the online community. There are a few sites that do indeed carry GREAT glass but its just not as abundant as your local headshops selection.

  10. #10
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3

    Re: Selling Glass Tobacco Pipes

    Quote Originally Posted by beensmokin420 View Post
    I think you should start up a website and go from there, just my 2 cents. I know nothing about the glass industry but I do know there isnt enough good quality glass sellers on the net. I feel the CANNAseur is left out when it comes to quality glass and the online community. There are a few sites that do indeed carry GREAT glass but its just not as abundant as your local headshops selection.

    Thats a really good idea. I am going to look into all of the things I would have to do to start a business like that online. Thanks for the good idea!

  11. #11
    420 Member FreakNature's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    pac nor'west
    Posts
    2,103

    Re: Selling Glass Tobacco Pipes

    It's definitely art! And honestly, it's not paraphernalia until it's used for in illegal purpose, in my opinion. As long as your state doesn't have the "manufacture" clause like mine, you should be OK selling tobacco pipes. It's a moral dilemma - the lawmakers make you advertise your product for use w/ something that kills people, but you can't sell it for use w/ medicinal herbs!!

  12. #12
    New Member Respect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    0

    Re: Selling Glass Tobacco Pipes

    Quote Originally Posted by yarcmp View Post
    In indiana you are allowed to sell pipes in stores if they are used for tobacco use only. There are a couple of shops in town that sell glass. It a weird loop hole. Although, there are undercover cops who go into headshops around here and try to trick one of the workers into saying its used for weed and if they do they immediately seize all of the products and fine them. I am just not sure if I can sell them to any person on the street or not. I am considering contacting an attorney in Indiana to find out more information. The first amendment allows anyone to sell something without a vendors license if it is artwork. I consider glass to be artwork. Whats everyone else think??
    you have to check your local and state laws. In most cases you have to sell your products for "tobacco use only." Most headshops and suppliers are often approached by undercover police who ask specific questions about "getting high" "getting blazed" or even use references to roaches or resin and if you serve them they will arrest you. I imagine there has to be a list of words that if your customers use you have to deny them service, no matter what. There was one near me where the cops told the owner that, "they had a friend who really liked to get blazed and they wanted to get him a gift." They arrested him and seized his life savings. You should check it out.

    ????

  13. #13
    420 Member PFlynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,243

    Re: Selling Glass Tobacco Pipes

    Quote Originally Posted by yarcmp View Post
    Hey everyone, I need your help!!!!I just moved to Indiana and I blow glass. I just recently started to make glass tobacco pipes and I was wondering how I should go about selling them. Is it legal to sell glass tobacco pipes on the street to random people or do I need to attain some sort of license???? Does anyone know who I could ask to find this info out...any information would be amazing thanks.
    Hey I was wondering if you do any hand blown beads,I make hemp jewlery and would love any you might have.

  14. #14
    420 Member Medical Marijuana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    0
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Selling Glass Tobacco Pipes

    ^and do not forget that you can advertise here, after becoming a sponsor.
    Ricorico likes this.

  15. #15
    420 Member PFlynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,243

    Re: Selling Glass Tobacco Pipes

    Yeah Moose its been a lifelong dream of mine to open a little head shop,where I could sit there with a huge assortment of beads and let people choose the ones they wanted,pick the style then I could take measurements and custom make whatever they wanted.Cant afford it though because I barely get by on disibility.But who knows what the future wii bring,and when I do though this is where Id advertise.
    Ricorico likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast