Best way to keep weed fresh?

Ertan

whats up people, i recently picked up a qp of blueberry (really stinky stink)and a qp of haze...so now i got a shitload of weed that i gotta keep from drying out. right now they are just in those big ziplock freezer bags. should i put the bud in the big ziplock in like a mason/sause jar? i got a couple of those jars with a lid that goes on top and thne a gasket that screw around it. i wouldnt really call it airtight but thats all i really got.

any ideas on how to preserve my beautiful bud?

I believe their called mason jars. Made out of glass, metal clamp on the lid to close it and a plastic/rubber seal around the rim? If thats what you got then your set. That much bud will dry out in those baggies unless you keep them in a fridge or even a mini-fridge.

nah i dont got that...but where the hell do they sell those jars? haha. im gonna need a supersize one or at least something bigger than normal

nah i dont got that...but where the hell do they sell those jars? haha. im gonna need a supersize one or at least something bigger than normal

Try the pasta sauce aisle at your local grocery store - have yourself a nice spaghetti dinner with the sauce and re-use the jar for a better purpose. When you fill the jar, put a thin slice of apple on top - it keeps the weed from drying out and adds a very nice flavor to it as well.

i just recentley started putting my bud in a glass jar with this big cork top. i find that keeping it in something thats made of glass and seals pretty well to be the most useful thing

They do the same thing to age/store wine except they dip or soak (whichever you prefer) the corks in wax in order to create an even better seal. Works so well they still use that method to this day. You should melt down a candle and hit it up :cool:

for large amounts I use the ziplock double seal freezer bags, they have 2 layers of plastic to keep it super fresh and they come in big bags :)my stuff always comes in those bags in a coffee can from a long drive and is always still fresh **Puff Puff Pass**

HAZE:
Picture_0183.jpg

Picture_0172.jpg

Blueberry:
Picture_0113.jpg

Picture_0104.jpg

Picture_0094.jpg

Picture_0073.jpg
\
Picture_00310.jpg

Picture_0028.jpg

Blueberry on left, haze on right:
Picture3.jpg

yea i do...they would be ok to leave them in the bags like that and fridge them, or freezer? do u have ot let the bud cool down to smoke it or can u pull it right out....will it preserve the smell? damn ltos of questons cuz im so blazed irght now.

I stick to the old fashoned glass jar method.. For that large bag of blueberry get a large glass cookie jar which should be able to hold it all.. and for the Haze do the same thing unless you dont want to mix the haze up. This way you dont have a ton of mason jars taking up a lot of space you know? :cool:

I thought that storing it at cold temperatures made the trichromes become brittle?

I store mine in a glass jar with a screw on lid and top. got it at the grocery store. 4 dollars for 12 of them. I keep that jar, electrical taped all the way so theres no light degrading the bud and in my closet.

I've never heard that but it could be true. I've merely heard of dealers and people with mad buds keepin them in the fridge. I knew this one kid who had two full size fridges packed with nug. Furthering SilentSmoke's concerns I would not store in the freezer, that sounds like it would cause problems.

Thrift store or 2nd hand store usually has them.(jars) Best is using one of those vacuum pack gadgets with different size freezer rolls that can be cut to size. Then keep in freezer. (and send me some)

Again I'd be careful with the freezer but that did remind me of those ziploc freezer bag things. There super thick and you seal them with something similar to a 3 hole punch. Perfect air tight seal. I imagine they come in different sizes.

Do NOT store buds in bags. The static rips off the trichome heads and doesn't allow the bud to breath whatsoever. Mason jars are the best way to go. Nice nuggage by the way, that haze looks like it'd be quite discombobulating.

A little tip i learned on this site over a year ago for bud freshness/moistness:
Use a mason jar(or any container with enough room) put bud in and put some really juicy slice of fruit, I used an orange slice, get it caught in the lid so its not on the bud(not sure if important). The juicy orange will not only hydrate your bud(over a day or more) but make it smell and Taste like oranges xD

Few more pics of my haze(wish i could psot full res images on this site, these pcis dont give it enough justice.:

haze6.jpg

haze5.jpg

haze4.jpg

haze31.jpg

haze21.jpg

haze12.jpg

Back
Top Bottom