Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Best way to keep weed fresh?

420 Member

Best way to keep weed fresh?

whats up people, i recently picked up a qp of blueberry (really stinky stink)and a qp of haze...so now i got a shitload of weed that i gotta keep from drying out. right now they are just in those big ziplock freezer bags. should i put the bud in the big ziplock in like a mason/sause jar? i got a couple of those jars with a lid that goes on top and thne a gasket that screw around it. i wouldnt really call it airtight but thats all i really got.

any ideas on how to preserve my beautiful bud?

Re: Best way to keep weed fresh?

I believe their called mason jars. Made out of glass, metal clamp on the lid to close it and a plastic/rubber seal around the rim? If thats what you got then your set. That much bud will dry out in those baggies unless you keep them in a fridge or even a mini-fridge.

420 Member

nah i dont got that...but where the hell do they sell those jars? haha. im gonna need a supersize one or at least something bigger than normal

Quote Originally Posted by Ertan View Post
    nah i dont got that...but where the hell do they sell those jars? haha. im gonna need a supersize one or at least something bigger than normal
    Try the pasta sauce aisle at your local grocery store - have yourself a nice spaghetti dinner with the sauce and re-use the jar for a better purpose. When you fill the jar, put a thin slice of apple on top - it keeps the weed from drying out and adds a very nice flavor to it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by smoknsunshine View Post
    i just recentley started putting my bud in a glass jar with this big cork top. i find that keeping it in something thats made of glass and seals pretty well to be the most useful thing
    They do the same thing to age/store wine except they dip or soak (whichever you prefer) the corks in wax in order to create an even better seal. Works so well they still use that method to this day. You should melt down a candle and hit it up

Grocery store should stock mason jars. Are you planning on sharing some shots and thoughts of this recent acquisition as you've done in the past?

for large amounts I use the ziplock double seal freezer bags, they have 2 layers of plastic to keep it super fresh and they come in big bags my stuff always comes in those bags in a coffee can from a long drive and is always still fresh **Puff Puff Pass**
    dont blame your problems or stupidity on the weed... thats why its illegal SWED

420 Member

HAZE:

Blueberry:

\

Blueberry on left, haze on right:
    Twelve12 and dadums like this.

Damn thats a shitload of nice nugget. You ain't got a fridge you could keep them in?

420 Member

yea i do...they would be ok to leave them in the bags like that and fridge them, or freezer? do u have ot let the bud cool down to smoke it or can u pull it right out....will it preserve the smell? damn ltos of questons cuz im so blazed irght now.

I stick to the old fashoned glass jar method.. For that large bag of blueberry get a large glass cookie jar which should be able to hold it all.. and for the Haze do the same thing unless you dont want to mix the haze up. This way you dont have a ton of mason jars taking up a lot of space you know?
    "There's high, and there's high, and to get really high--I mean so high that you can walk on the water, that high--that's where I'm goin'."
    - George Harrison, circa 1968

Quote Originally Posted by SilentSmoke View Post
    I thought that storing it at cold temperatures made the trichromes become brittle?

I store mine in a glass jar with a screw on lid and top. got it at the grocery store. 4 dollars for 12 of them. I keep that jar, electrical taped all the way so theres no light degrading the bud and in my closet.
    I've never heard that but it could be true. I've merely heard of dealers and people with mad buds keepin them in the fridge. I knew this one kid who had two full size fridges packed with nug. Furthering SilentSmoke's concerns I would not store in the freezer, that sounds like it would cause problems.

420 Member

Thrift store or 2nd hand store usually has them.(jars) Best is using one of those vacuum pack gadgets with different size freezer rolls that can be cut to size. Then keep in freezer. (and send me some)

Again I'd be careful with the freezer but that did remind me of those ziploc freezer bag things. There super thick and you seal them with something similar to a 3 hole punch. Perfect air tight seal. I imagine they come in different sizes.

Do NOT store buds in bags. The static rips off the trichome heads and doesn't allow the bud to breath whatsoever. Mason jars are the best way to go. Nice nuggage by the way, that haze looks like it'd be quite discombobulating.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast