Hemp Art Journal

PFlynn

Ok I just got properly boned enough to start this.The stuff I make comes from the heart and soul.I put my all into them.never make the same one twice unless someone begs me because they liked it.I try and use only blown glass beads,silver,bone,keltic or the nicest beads possible.I carefully check the beads to see how manny crazy ways I can use them,also how thick the hole in the bead is(you need to know how many strands can fit through it.I
have spent alot on some of the beads but the outcome was always worth it.I love challenging myself to do something new and crazy every time.This stuff was my lifeblood for years.I never kept tract but I've sold at least 8-10grand in hemp things,but that is also from what I bought with supplys and I gave alot away free to friends.Actually most of my friends stold the one they liked and then showed up a minute latter wearing the necklace with a shiteating grin on their face.That was what really inspired me,my friends were walking advertisement for me plus seeing my work on friends felt good.So I went crazy working day and night makeing them and started going to all kinds of shows selling them,Alot of times I would go to a show with no money,sell one to get in.I sold at the Million Marijuana March 1999,2000,every Jones Fest,Oz Fest,Camp Creek,Gathering of the Vibes,and others I'm too stoned to remember.It really changed my life.Well years went on and life went on and slowly all the friends started getting married and liveing out in the sticks I never see them.So without the inspiration of people telling me what they thought honestly I stoped makeing them.I thought even if I made them for a head shop I'd never hear what the person thought.So I have a few I have started I'll put down.I have pics of them just started I'll put in,and show more as they are made.Hope you enjoy.

Work_in_Progress.jpg

This one is going to be sweet,the disk bead has runes carved into it.

they all look beautiful! Why are some unfinished?
Because over the years that I stoped making them I still had some supply's left and I collected the beads you see.So every once in a while I'd get the itch to see what I could do with those beads(they all had crazy holes to use)So I would start one see what I could do with it.:Rasta:But then I'd get bummed for some reason and just put them down.Doing this journal will now motivate me.

:grinjoint::smokin::grinjoint:

Supplys.jpg

This is what I have left to work with.

The_work_I_did_today.jpg

I worked on this one today,I alternated the colours and after the chocker will relax from the persons body oils,swest,and whatnot.And when relaxed it'll look like a solid mesh of hemp.

my_old_bracelet.jpg

And this one I wore for I dont know long,another old friend.

I hope you all enjoy this,if anyone has any questions,coments or just want to tell me how much you hate them let me know.

I love your work. It is easy to see how they would sell so well at events. Maybe someday you can be a 420Mag sponsor and we could all order some!

I love your work. It is easy to see how they would sell so well at events. Maybe someday you can be a 420Mag sponsor and we could all order some!

Thanks my green friend and spooky timeing.I was just working on that Disk Choaker.This is the first time in years and feels good.Maybe in a perfect world someday we will all be bartering goods for buds but not today.That is verry kind of you to say and I will First speak with the Powers that be.Its funny I had some friends that used to kid me about knitting my hemp,but the slickest thing I ever did was to go up to this honey and slipped a phat necklace on her.When she asked why I did that I said because I made it for you,it worked like butter,and it fit her like I had made it for her.:cheesygrinsmiley:Will show pics tomorrow

Hemp and bud's value is much more stable than the U.S. dollar!

Hemp and bud's value is much more stable than the U.S. dollar!

There
was this local band called Max Creek and I went to their shows and did this at every show,every summer last weekend in july they would have this blowout called CampCreek and It was a massave market place.I would save up a ton of hemp things and barter my little ass off.I would come home with 7-10 differnt strains,black hash,blond hash,red hash Beads Clothes Glass Chillims,Glass Pipes and foods from gangagoo to hash cookies.All from the stuff I had made from my own hands.

Hemp_Sack.jpg

Had to show the trusty sack.I would have the 3 different diameter spools of mainly bleached hemp from Romania,Transylvania.And all the beads I would acquire by bartering,and some of the hand blown beads,silver Celtic,and semi precious gemmed beads got very expensive.I had this bag tied to one crutch and finished work cleverly looped to the other crutch,you couldn't miss me.:cool::Rasta::cool:

Back
Top Bottom