Smoke Report - Reykjavik

Smokin Moose

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex Moderator
Reykjavik

Updated: 09/05/2007

Smoking tolerance level: stay in a private area to smoke

Legislation: First of all good job on the report you really do tell it as it is.
just wanted to add a little info that you might add to your report on reykjavik.
Icelanders consume between 1,5-2 metric tons of hashish and marijuana every year that's about 6-7 grams a person per year.
almost 30% of the country has at one time or another tested cannabis. Although it's hard to confirm this number since even the most hardened smokers deny smoking marijuana in polls and wont sign the demand for legislation form, afraid of the list falling into police hands and being used to persecute smokers.

Law enforcement: The fine for being captured by police officers with one gram of cannabis is around 550 usd or 35000 iskr.
To get a prison sentence you need to have at least about 0,5-1kg for which you will get 3 months in prison. (btw we have nice prisons, most have no fences because we know you aint gettin of D island ;P even if you escape) the last prison escape was in 1983 he walked out the gate (which wasn't there) and was captured 2-3 hours later and got 3-6 months added to his sentence so noone does it.

Where to buy marijuana: Marijuana is not very public. You will not see a guy light up a joint on the corner. But if you start a conversation with someone of the younger generation in a bar (20-25) and later in the conversation ask him how he feels about marijuana or if we have many smokers in iceland or a large drug problem, since you started the conversation the person is more comfortable continuing the conversation and you've hit paydirt. If the person dismisses the conversation drop it and move on to the next person

Marijuana prices: The prices for a normal person are for hash 1500-2000 iskr per gram (about 23-31usd) it's about as effective as dried pond scum. For high quality hash the prices rise to about 2500-3000 iskr and its rare to get good stuff... for marijuana the price has remaind rather stable for the last 7 years or so always about 3000 iskr (at to days rate 47usd a gram!!!).

Marijuana brands: Icelanders have their own system of nameing hash and grass regardless of brand these are the most commonly used slang
Lower quality hash ... marri
medium quailty hash ... polli (or french paper)
High quality hash ... ríger (derivative of the danish word for smoke) or svartur afghi (black afghani)
It\'s funny that 80% of grass is called white widow, but the truth is only about 5% of growers actually know the brand they are growing. They\'re just happy cus it is growing

More information: The reason we have such strange national dishes is because before the second world war we were a very poor nation and had to eat everything :S nothing was ever wasted not even the faces of sheep and their testicals, most of us still lived in mud huts in the ground. After the war we moved into the bunkers (brags) the americans left behind and have worked our way up to being one of the richest (per capita) country in the world and the most journalism freedom (along with Finland). Today we eat these strange dishes to remind our selves of our heritage. Btw our food was served on fear factor and noone was able to eat it (we laugh our asses off ).

I wonder if Bjork is a pot smoker?

Well, I never seen one take a shit in the woods, but I would truly think so. My mom lives in the North Georgia mountains and they have black bears in the yard often. But I don't think they listen to Bjork.

Back
Top Bottom