Nicotine vs Cannabis

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
user00241.gif

I've been a cigarette smoker since my second year in high school. I'm 54 now. I've been addicted to them ever since, with two exceptions. Twice in the past I've quit smoking. Both times it lasted for about a year. Both times I stopped cold turkey and without Marijuana. I had no problem either time. I just stopped.

Over 20 years has passed since my last attempt at quiting failed. I am more addicted to nicotine than I have ever been. I find myself starting most days by coughing. There is no pleasure in the cigarettes. Its just constantly feeding my addiction.

I've had enough.

My plan is to stop on Sunday November the 9th. Originally I was going to wait until some time in December and then I thought about doing the New Years Resolution thing. But now I think the sooner the better before my enthusiasm has a chance to wane. But I've decided to wait until the election is over for a few days. If anything could drive me to smoke it would be the election.

I'm pretty sure that I have enough smoke on hand to see me through this. I'm not going to use any patches or other stop smoking aids. Marijuana will be my only aid. When I want to smoke I'll just fire up the bowl.

Having this thread will be motivation because I don't want to fail with all you witnesses.

A couple of other reasons for this thread is to encourage others to give it a try and perhaps join me. And for your support.

Anyone Want To Quit With Me?

:peace:

i smoked cigarettes for almost 25 years and finally quit for good 2 years ago...
best thing i ever did...
alaska lady is quitting today as well, she will join you for sure...
do it brother, it will save your life!
did you know that cigarettes contain trace amounts of radio active particles?
i quit cold turkey, i think that's the best way to go, instead of using man made drugs...
the thing that got me through was smoking weed every time i wanted a cig...
the only downside is that you remain lethargic, smoking a LOT all day and night...
don't plan anything stressful or public for at least 2 weeks, then you will be detoxed...
every time you become irritated, follow these steps to save lives...
go to your safe place in your mind and count to ten slowly while taking deep breaths...
then smoke more weed...;)

i'm so proud of you brother, first quitting cigs, then going back to cali, cali...;)
one day at a time, one step at a time, you can and will achieve your goals!

Let me know how it turns out. Im 24 and have been wanting to quit smoking for some time and cant seem to find any thing that works for more then a few days. I hope to quit soon but it will be long and hard to get that to happen. Best of luck to you and hope that putting put in its place works. I may have to try that. Good post!!!

:rollit::yummy::yummy::yummy::yummy::yummy:

Good for you user, you have my best wishes and full support.

I quit for 10 years twice and am currently 5 years smoke free.

You'll have that many extra years to enjoy the herb after you've succeeded

This is great Bro, I wish you the best of luck with this task.
I know it can be very hard to quit smoking cigs, but you can do it brother.
Every time I wanted a cig I would roll me a joint, and that gave me the feel of a cig in my hand and after smoking the joint I forgot I wanted a cig.
Smoke more weed.

Congratulations on setting the date! Some people find they can quit cold turkey. I found that it was impossible for me so I have slowly tapered down and i just refuse to go buy more. Theres so much weed out there to sample it would be a shame to miss out on that because I spent my money on cigs.
I have done exceptionally well with quitting so far. Only 2 left 1before bed and my last one in the morning! I had a true friend drop by and give me a bit-O-the green to last me a few days so I should be able to get over the initial "Fear" of not having a cig.

I think that cigs become a comfort item more than anything and rather than turn to food or candy, that bowl-full is lookin mighty fine!

Keep up the positive reinforcements and THINK positive that your going to live longer, feel better, even the food will taste better! I know I am explaining all this to help myself to keep thinking positive about it too. We can do it! We can do it together!

WEED IS ALL YOU NEED!:yummy:

Good luck, I wish you the utmost success. I am now 13 yrs and I was 40 when I quit. Finally. Like others before me I cannot tell you how much better you will feel when you finally kick it.. Now, if It dont make me high, whats the point of poisoning my body and no high either??? Time really helps, Keep believeing in yourself.

Congrats to you also. We will all kick this habit I know it! Thanks for all the positive feedback!

This is great Bro, I wish you the best of luck with this task.
I know it can be very hard to quit smoking cigs, but you can do it brother.
Every time I wanted a cig I would roll me a joint, and that gave me the feel of a cig in my hand and after smoking the joint I forgot I wanted a cig.
Smoke more weed.
i'm stocking up on papers. i roll terrible joints so i got a roller. thanks for the support bro
:smokin:.

.... have done exceptionally well with quitting so far. Only 2 left 1 before bed and my last one in the morning! I had a true friend drop by and give me a bit-O-the green to last me a few days so I should be able to get over the initial "Fear" of not having a cig.

I think that cigs become a comfort item more than anything and rather than turn to food or candy, that bowl-full is lookin mighty fine!

Keep up the positive reinforcements and THINK positive that your going to live longer, feel better, even the food will taste better! I know I am explaining all this to help myself to keep thinking positive about it too. We can do it! We can do it together!

WEED IS ALL YOU NEED!:yummy:
i'm here for you too. and we are gonna do this.

food has really lost its taste and i'm looking forward to getting that taste back. smell is not what it could be either.

i'm excited and motivated.

Anyone else wanna join us?

why wait til the 9th brother?...;)
alaska lady has already started, she will be fully detoxed by the time you start...
just thought i'd mention that...;)

did i mention how proud i am of you guys?...;)

ALL YA NEED IS WEED!

Go, User, Go! That's an awesome thing you're doing.

I'm so lucky that I never started smoking tobacco. It sounds like such a bitch to kick the habit; I've got enormous respect for anyone who succeeds.

Weed will be there for you.

I smoked cigarettes for 'bout 17yrs~~I finally quit
when I realized I was killin myself~~& found out weed
is much, much better~~thats all I smoke now~~saved
my life~~best of luck~~you can do it!
PEACE OUT~~

Ive been nicotine free for a couple weeks now....I feel so much better. You wont regret it...And you might not be able to stop unless you have weed. After all you got to smoke something =]

If Obama wins I'm thinking about stopping sooner. Maybe the day after the election. If anyone wants to start stopping the same day as me you need to get yerself ready.

I think I'm ready. I've got my supply of my cessation aids.

Maui in the jars. Hash Plant on the plate.
user0029.jpg

I'm gonna be using this bud for my first day.
user0030.jpg

I good luck with your projects! I was able to quit smoking 4.5 years ago when doc told me if i wanted my broken neck to heal i had to. By the time i was out of hospital nurses told me the physical part of the addiction should have been gone as it takes 7 to 10 days for the physical part of addiction to end then you are left with the mental part which is much harder dealing with. For the first mnth or so i made sure i had access to cigarettes and put my mind to where i didnt want to be like some friends who quit , all they did was quit buying them. I feel that if you are ready to quit you will and if you are not thn there is no aid to help. Good luck everyone with what you are doing!

Back
Top Bottom