Vitamin C and weed?

Tie-Dyed Soul

So we all know from an article posted some time ago that terpenes from mangoes and such enhance your high, but have you ever heard of things with high vitamin C decreasing it?

I was very, very stoned the other day (smoked a fat joint to myself after a 6 month break) and was just flying. After coming inside I was looking for a drink and saw the orange juice. I had about 3 or 4 huge glasses and my high leveled out rather fast and I found myself rather sober somewhat fast, coming down after less than an hour.

At first I thought it was just the weed, but I smoked a similar amount about a week later and the high was at its peak for about an hour and a half.

Anyone know anything relating vitamin C to your high?

I have no idea about THC + vitamin C -

Considering you didn't smoke for 6 months you should have felt a buzz for quite some time.. I took 3 months off and hit hit a bowl (of 'Affey' a rather powerful strain) 3 times, and I was completely gone. I was incredibly baked for more than 4 hours, and felt the effects of MJ for more than 7 hrs...

So unless you were smokin some brown frown, I would say that it's possible that the vitamin c (or perhaps another vitamin in OJ? or something else u consumed earlier that day?) is blocking the Cbds and THC - though I've never heard of that before.

vitamin c replenishes your low sugar glucose levels when you get too high... don't drink/eat vitamin c unless you want to lessen the effects...

That is some interesting info there. I didn't know that at all, thx 420.

when ever i drink or eat anything it seems to kill my buzz i'll sip on some cranberry juice till it wears off,then either eat or drink or fire up another one

Thats good info~I do lose sum of my high if I eat~also if I drink caffieine~Didn't know
'bout vitamin C~but thats somethin 2 maybe think 'bout there~
PEACE OUT~

Maybe it's just placebo effect, vice versa though. like you thought you were sober but you were really baked lol

cus I drink orange juice sometimes when stoned and I don't sober up
eating definitely sobers you up though i think it has something to do with concentrating on the taste so much that it kills you're buzz

Is it maybe cause you had downed 3 or 4 glasses of cold orange juice? That would alter your temperature and cause your high to change I think. I've heard vitamin c before getting high increases your high.

Raise the dead thread. ��. I'm no expert but this is my 2 cents about vitamin c.

People don't often realise the effects of vitamin c. It's well documented to increase absorption/metabolism. Adversely, some medications effectiveness is reduced if you metabolise too fast hence the reason some medications come with warnings not to take with vitamin c, you may absorb too much or it doesn't last as long as intended.

If you take vitamin c with an edible you will increase the edibles effectiveness (you absorb more). If you take vitamin c while high(say a glass of oj after smoking) increase metabolism thus the thc effects are shortened.

I occasionally use vitamin c to increase potentcy of my edibles or certain medications but usually effects don't last as long. So use C with caution.

Keep in mind that everyone is different and so is their metabolism. Individual metabolisms fluctuate all the time so effects of vitamin c will vary just like effects of edibles vary.

Drink lots of water and take your daily c! It's good for you.

Back
Top Bottom