Thread: Vitamin C and weed?

Vitamin C and weed?

So we all know from an article posted some time ago that terpenes from mangoes and such enhance your high, but have you ever heard of things with high vitamin C decreasing it?

I was very, very stoned the other day (smoked a fat joint to myself after a 6 month break) and was just flying. After coming inside I was looking for a drink and saw the orange juice. I had about 3 or 4 huge glasses and my high leveled out rather fast and I found myself rather sober somewhat fast, coming down after less than an hour.

At first I thought it was just the weed, but I smoked a similar amount about a week later and the high was at its peak for about an hour and a half.

Anyone know anything relating vitamin C to your high?

Re: Vitamin C and weed?

I have no idea about THC + vitamin C -

Considering you didn't smoke for 6 months you should have felt a buzz for quite some time.. I took 3 months off and hit hit a bowl (of 'Affey' a rather powerful strain) 3 times, and I was completely gone. I was incredibly baked for more than 4 hours, and felt the effects of MJ for more than 7 hrs...

So unless you were smokin some brown frown, I would say that it's possible that the vitamin c (or perhaps another vitamin in OJ? or something else u consumed earlier that day?) is blocking the Cbds and THC - though I've never heard of that before.
    Last edited by Soniq420; 08-22-2009 at 01:59 PM. Reason: removed ref to other drug
    'i have given you all the seed bearing plants and herbs to use.' --God (Genesis 1;12)

'Some say that if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, it plays satanic noises. that's nothing, 'cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows' --RobbyMac

Cannabis Connoisseur Propa Gator's Avatar

Tie-Dyed, if your poured down alot of OJ, you were probably de-hydrated which is a common problem. Perception of feelings of well-being (high) are going to be affected in non-linear fashion. Means it's hard to say why. http://www.420magazine.com/forums/ca...marijuana.html

vitamin c replenishes your low sugar glucose levels when you get too high... don't drink/eat vitamin c unless you want to lessen the effects...

Quote Originally Posted by 420 View Post
    vitamin c replenishes your low sugar glucose levels when you get too high... don't drink/eat vitamin c unless you want to lessen the effects...
    That is some interesting info there. I didn't know that at all, thx 420.
    'i have given you all the seed bearing plants and herbs to use.' --God (Genesis 1;12)

'Some say that if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, it plays satanic noises. that's nothing, 'cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows' --RobbyMac

when ever i drink or eat anything it seems to kill my buzz i'll sip on some cranberry juice till it wears off,then either eat or drink or fire up another one

Thats good info~I do lose sum of my high if I eat~also if I drink caffieine~Didn't know
    'bout vitamin C~but thats somethin 2 maybe think 'bout there~
    PEACE OUT~

Maybe it's just placebo effect, vice versa though. like you thought you were sober but you were really baked lol

cus I drink orange juice sometimes when stoned and I don't sober up
    eating definitely sobers you up though i think it has something to do with concentrating on the taste so much that it kills you're buzz

Is it maybe cause you had downed 3 or 4 glasses of cold orange juice? That would alter your temperature and cause your high to change I think. I've heard vitamin c before getting high increases your high.