LED/CFL Grow Test-New LEDS

Boss

These are the 12x12 mixed red/blue spectrum LED panels.
I will be testing these on sunflowers :)

DSCN3312.JPG

DSCN3325.JPG

DSCN3324.JPG

DSCN3323.JPG

DSCN3318.JPG

This is the Footprint of light at 8 Feet (almsot 3 meters)

DSCN3319.JPG

Specs:

DESCRIPTION:Quality built dual color blended LED Grow Light Panel
FEATURES: Solid state, Cooler running, High efficiency, Wide angle, Dual Color Blended full spectrum plant lighting.

BENIFITS: This panel has no ballasts to burn out like other plant lights. It does not run hot, just warm. You will not experience unsightly brown burned leaves when they accidentally touch the LEDs. This is common with most other lights that get very hot. This more controlled running temperature reduces the need to water so often and keeps rooms with plants from getting uncomfortably hot in the summer months requiring additional air conditioning. Extreme energy efficiency permits this new LED panel to pay for itself many times over each year in electricity savings. It saves 50% to 90% in energy consumptioncompared to incandescent bulbs or fluorescent tubes. Wide angle projection insures uniform leaf coverage.

Scientifically calculated even blending of red and blue LEDs eliminates the time consuming task of repositioning separate colored lights back and forth trying to achieve uniform exposure. 14 to 16 hours per day is all that is necessary for maximum plant health with this wave blended lighting system. This allows distances 6" and less between the LEDs and the plants accelerating photosynthesis. Red and blue wavelengths are for growing and flowering of plants.The typical white plant lights that are very hot is unnecessary and just consume excessive electricity. The purity of the LED generated light lengthens flowering periods. These LEDs turn on instantly and can be turned on by hand each day or work well with all standard lamp timers.

The design of this new all in one Full Spectrum plant lighting panel allows maximum level photosynthesis food production, growth and flowering all in one. It is the new Full Spectrum system providing maximum plant health, beauty and productivity.

These LED light panels are perfect as an all year plant light for permanent plant benches and especially productive for spring vegetable and flower seedling development.

Specifications:
Body material: Thermoplastic
Circuitry board material: Diecast Chrome
60 Blue light LEDs: 465nm (nanometer) wave length
165 Red light LEDs: 650nm (nanometer) wave length
165 + 60 = Total 225 LEDs

Color: Red + Blue = Purple looking to the eyes
Working Voltage: 12V or 110V-220V (This only works on 110 Volt. We have 12 Volt and 220 volt in Different Listings)
Power: 13.8 Watts
Dimensions: 12 ¼ x 12 ¼ inches (30.5cm x 30.5) square

Thickness: Low profile 1.25" or 32 mm

Power cord length: 48 inches that plugs in

Plug Type: Plugs in Standard 110 Volt Sockets Canada & USA.

Recommended coverage: one panel per 18" x 18" (about 2 sq ft). 4 Panels = 8 st. ft)

LED life: Approx. 15 years used all year long.

I have been watching another L.E.D. grow on a different site, these things work great, I am very impressed. Your write up was great thanks for the effort, one question though, how much per panel. Uhhh... make that two questions, website for the lights do you know if they have one.

Since the pot is 12x12 I will be using only one panel for this group, unless growth starts blocking light, then I will add more if needed. It is set at about 2 feet from the plants. I have a ruler inside for growth reference. Seeing they are already 2", I will start the LED today.
DSCN3334.JPG

i arleady had this idea to make a bigger diode and a flat plastic cover rather then a focused bubble cover like every led on this earth. you should really switch to full blue and then full reds at the flower stage for your grow and it'll work much better then both i bet ya

Light-emitting diode - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lighting

Grow lights composed of LEDs are more efficient, both because LEDs produce more lumens per watt than other alternatives, and also because they can be tuned to the specific wavelengths plants can make the most use of.

straight from wikipedia ;)
Interesting. I wonder how they tune the wave length. Voltage, color of diodes perhaps the lay out of the blue - red diodes?

I just realized that I know nothing about measuring the spectrum of a light!!! How does a person go about doing so. What tools are needed? Where the hell do you get them? Can I build it? I have always relied on the package that my lights came in. I have never given it a second thought till now.

Supposed to grow 5 feet tall and look like this:
velvetqueen.jpg

I did drop a funny looking seed that I found on the floor (ok, it was in my bank) and dropped it into the planter on accident (ok on purpose) to see if it would germ under 1" of soil and sprout. (Kind of a soil test)

DSCN3449.JPG

This is the shortest sexed plant I have grown. In a week I will cut the side nodes on the bottom and let her go straight up into the LEDS, or not, depending on where the buds form.

It's 3 1/2" tall with 5 nodes started. Very compact.

The CFL's are off to the side and back about 4" to make sure the LED light is on the whole plant.

Back
Top Bottom