Cool tube - How close can I get?

Hello my fellow growers, I would really appreciate some advice on a HPS question.

I just installed a 6" 400 watt Cool Tube to a 6" 440 cfm air scrubber and fan combo.

My temps running @5-6" away are at mid 70's to low 80's. Is there some reason I should not be as close to the light?

I'm used to growing with Cfl's :)

Thanks again and :peace:

Re: Cool tube.. How close can I get?

The thing to watch for is bud bleaching.

Thanks SnowBender, I still don't have buds. I just put 5 girls directly under the light and 1 LS that is starting to flower just outside of the lights "sweet spot"

I found a chart yesterday that sort of awnsered my question.
Par_Graph_HPS.gif

I moved the light up a few inches to get the center of the plants around the 11-12" "Sweet spot"

Anyone ever go any closer? Does bleaching of buds occur at 9" ?:bravo::420:

So I just wanted to know about the "Cool tube.. How close can I get?" post did you ever get any bud bleaching and what was the lowest you ever went? I got a 4 foot x 4 foot space but only 39 inches in height I thinking of using two 250 watts hps instead of my 600 watt hps this would let me get a little closer with similar results I think any input for me thanks

I am using one with a 400w hps. Some of the tops have touched the glass with little problem. A couple of them
were directly under the bulb and did bleach out but simply moving them slightly and raising the light fix that.
Here is a recent photo.
tent210.jpg

Back
Top Bottom