Inductive Lighting

They are slightly less in total cost. LEDs are more efficient. The lights are usually compare to HID lighting. They do not run as hot as HID. Very efficient when used in warehouses. I am in the process of getting a 400W induction sample, can't wait to try it.

Please let me know how well the inductive light does, I'm told they are much better thand LED's, use less power and the plants are more receptive to the light.

Master Larry

Neither HPS or MH, they are more like floursecent but with a wider more effective light band. No ballast so they use les energy, less heat and better grow capabilities so I'm told. Hence my questions to the group.

The handful of induction lights I'm seeing are on the cool end, color wise. Do they make ones which would be suitable for flowering as well?

Yes, I belive they do. Sunlight is measured in Kelvins I believe and there are induction lights with 5000 Kelvin rating which is very near sunlight. Also keep in mind an 50 watt induction lamp replaces a 200 watt HPS or MH.

I beleive they are cooler, less heat; better light which can be near sunlight, cheaper to run a 50 watt can replace a 200 watt HPS or MH light, induction may cost a little more but the bulbs are good for 80-100 thousand hours of use. I'll soon have a sponsorhip on this site regarding induction lighting with e mail contact and will be happy to send you further information.

Nice one Larry - looking forward to seeing the selection!
I was actually hoping for a bulb that was rated at around 3200k as well as one at 5000k. As you'll see, people tend to want lights in that part of the spectrum to flower their plants under. 5000k is good for the earlier, vegetative part of the growth cycle, though.

I do believe we can assit you there Donny, in fact one of our clients is conducting an experiment with inductive grow lights as I write. The results should be in soon and I'll post them here. We can do 3200K up to 5000K lights, the trick is locating the lights so they will move up with the growth of the product.

For real! That's awesome.

You mean adjusting the kelvins from 5000ish down to 3200ish as the plants go through their various growth phases? If you haven't already, you may want to look into how LED grow lights have evolved over the last few years to see what people are focusing on. LED manufacturers (supposedly) put in a lot of time and money on researching which exact wavelengths plants respond to, and in what relative doses. If you could even approximate those outputs while either making the product cheaper or more powerful, I think you'd be in business. People would definitely want to see the results.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

I can't wait for the results myself! You can't adjust the kelvins in a particular fixture/bulb "on the fly" per se, but you can change out the bulb like any other fixture.

I beleive they are cooler, less heat; better light which can be near sunlight, cheaper to run a 50 watt can replace a 200 watt HPS or MH light, induction may cost a little more but the bulbs are good for 80-100 thousand hours of use. I'll soon have a sponsorhip on this site regarding induction lighting with e mail contact and will be happy to send you further information.

So... You're claiming 4g/watt capability? That's pretty amazing for an electrodeless fluorescent (or are your induction lights the sulfur plasma type?).

I am really curious about these lights too...any updates... I am seeing that a 400w Induction light can rival a 1000w HID, thats pretty damn impressive. Anyone had success with induction lighting?

hi icemud, i recently bought a 420 watt inductive light. i'm using it in the space i was running 2 400 watt hids, 1 hps and 1 mh.

i vegged these plants under a 400 mh then put them into flower under the 420w inductive flourescent, so far so good. i expect to harvest these in less than 6 weeks.

if i get rock hard buds with the wieght being close to what i was getting with the 2 400w i'll be happy. i'll get back here at harvest and give my opinion based on flowering them under this 420 w inductive.

hope we all have a good day.

Back
Top Bottom