A new LED panel - I am all in with LED now

I was going to use this panel in my veg area but when I turned it on it was so intense I feared for my babies so I decided to replace my adjusta clusta with this panel. (I have more detail on the room in my journal) It is a Helios and has a new way of arranging the LED's. There is a cluster of LED's in the middle and it seems to "blend" the light better. The middle cluster is so intense I can not even look at it that is what made me change my mind and use the adjusta clusta for veg.

So here is how the new light was packed ... well and no damage. I don't have a good shot of the hanger but it is 4 steel wire extensions to one clip. That would work fine for most and if you are hanging a panel flat it would be fine. I took off the clip and used the lines from the adjusta clusta so I could tilt the panel at will.

The power cord is only a 6 footer!! Come on folks we are hanging these on the ceiling!!!!! Give us a longer cord!!!

DSC_7897_smlightbx.jpg

Here are the clusters.

DSC_7898_smlight.jpg

If it seems a little off ... it is :cheesygrinsmiley: as I have tilted and twisted it to get light where I want it ... let's see what it can do!

DSC_8050_smroom.jpg

This light seems to be doing really well

So well that I had to change plants to really see. I put SI Girl right under the Helios, she is a mix and is growing with true "hybrid vigor" :cheesygrinsmiley: Above she is right in the middle and below moved to the right and replaced with S3 Girl. S3 Girl will allow me to see what I think I already know ... this light is a little powerhouse. Look also at SK and the SS plants these are also doing incredible. SK is about as "bushy" as any plant I have grown and doing really well under the new light.

I forgot to mention I lowered the light about 8" too

DSC_8149_room.jpg

Here is SI girl ... she is going wild and has been up until last weekend directly under the Helios and did really well

DSC_8153_SI_girl.jpg

What LED's this panel is using

I just read a post in another LED thread here The Truth About LED Lights that made me look up the LED array in this panel

660:470:640:440:740:460:630 x 4,2,2,2,2,1,7 in each of four modules

11 days and look at the progress

Sorry I have not made updates but I have not been feeling well. I last told you that I lowered the light ... big mistake. I was working in my outdoor garden right in the noon sun. I noticed the way the bleeding heart was holding its leaves curled up to minimize exposure, not ten minutes later I was in looking at the ladies and noticed the leaves on S3 Girl were turned up just like the bleeding heart!! So I moved the light back up and the plant just loves it now. This girl does not look quite like the rest as I have made her into a bush :cheesygrinsmiley: just look how thick she is under that light and her leaves seem to be "deeper" in color than her sisters. I have to say this light is a little powerhouse.

You be the judge

This is after I moved the light back up
DSC_8261_light_s3.jpg

This is a healthy plant loving its light
DSC_8263_s3.jpg

I am really loving the new design of that helios. I think these may be the same company who did the apollo? I would love to order one of those but I just dont know what the perfect spectrum should be. I feel like the real issue with the chinese panels is the bands, if you know what the perfect spectrum or wavelengths should be I feel like ordering from these companies can turn out great. I have expiermented with so many different led companies and the best performing lights are those with researched wavelengths. Where did you order this light from? and did you give them a custom formula for the lighting?

I am really loving the new design of that helios. I think these may be the same company who did the apollo? I would love to order one of those but I just dont know what the perfect spectrum should be. I feel like the real issue with the chinese panels is the bands, if you know what the perfect spectrum or wavelengths should be I feel like ordering from these companies can turn out great. I have expiermented with so many different led companies and the best performing lights are those with researched wavelengths. Where did you order this light from? and did you give them a custom formula for the lighting?

Contact these folks

LED Grow Lights UK from Budmaster and Budbabe

they will put you on the right product ... they setup the spectrum in my adjusta-clusta for me. They carry Helios but do not call them that they are on as part of the Deep-Impact range and they are called X4

What wattage are the helio bulbs 3? 5w? I've been growing with leds for 3years and have always had great results, started with ufos and am now using a 400w panel along with an plasma induction bulb with t8 uv bulb supplemental, anyways subscribed!!!

What wattage are the helio bulbs 3? 5w? I've been growing with leds for 3years and have always had great results, started with ufos and am now using a 400w panel along with an plasma induction bulb with t8 uv bulb supplemental, anyways subscribed!!!

Hello boombaklot

The Helios is using 3 watt LEDs the unique thing about the Helios panel is the center cluster of leds. I am not sure how your panel "blends" the light but my first panels make like a 3D effect as you can see the colors on the floor around the shadows. The Helios center cluster blends the light and gives a smoother delivery. I will have updates here but there is more going on in my journal ...

Here is a shot of S3 Girl today

DSC_8411_S3Girl.jpg

thankyou thankyou for the link for the helios site. i spent a good few hours last night trying to find a good starter led panel.
im currently growing cupboard aeroponics with 250w combined cfl's for my first grow but realise i need to big it up a bit. plus, cfl's aren't as cool as people say and im hovering just under 90f with the door cracked open! im new to this so im not pig headed about trying new technology so ive decided the benefits of led's out-weigh. and under that purplish goodness your plants look so sweet!

have you got any tips for me before i buy Buckshot? seeing as your a bit of an led Legend. what do you think of that 90w budmaster from the same site?

and again, thanks for the info so far

thankyou thankyou for the link for the helios site. i spent a good few hours last night trying to find a good starter led panel.
im currently growing cupboard aeroponics with 250w combined cfl's for my first grow but realise i need to big it up a bit. plus, cfl's aren't as cool as people say and im hovering just under 90f with the door cracked open! im new to this so im not pig headed about trying new technology so ive decided the benefits of led's out-weigh. and under that purplish goodness your plants look so sweet!

have you got any tips for me before i buy Buckshot? seeing as your a bit of an led Legend. what do you think of that 90w budmaster from the same site?

and again, thanks for the info so far

Nice to meet you oatbakes! I really like the Budmaster series because of the type of led/lens they use. The panel I have like that is awesome. I don't know from your post what size area you are trying to light so it is impossible to say without knowing if that one will do. I have in bud about 90 watts per plant. If you go with the Helios/X4 make sure you have up to 30-36" (or more!) from the top of the plants I have S3 Girl about 20-25" in full bloom but that would fry her as a baby.

I agree CFL's are HOT! ... but LED can get hot too, make sure there is good air flow for the ladies and it will help. If it gets too hot they will suffer, I am running an AC in the room

IMO you can`t beat Advanced LED Diamond series grow lights. I love mine. Great results!!!

Nice to meet you oatbakes! I really like the Budmaster series because of the type of led/lens they use. The panel I have like that is awesome. I don't know from your post what size area you are trying to light so it is impossible to say without knowing if that one will do. I have in bud about 90 watts per plant. If you go with the Helios/X4 make sure you have up to 30-36" (or more!) from the top of the plants I have S3 Girl about 20-25" in full bloom but that would fry her as a baby.

I agree CFL's are HOT! ... but LED can get hot too, make sure there is good air flow for the ladies and it will help. If it gets too hot they will suffer, I am running an AC in the room

sorry buckshot,
i have a 1''x1'' area with 130w 6500, 130w 2500 (or whatever, the red range) and 52w mixed spec
2 x autoflowers and an ak48 reg
i would prefer to buy a british made/designed product than from the usa because of the shipping tax, unless someone can suggest? i hear advanced are designed built in china...?
there are soo many lights on the market. i dont want to spend much more than £180/$280 . any recommendations?

sorry buckshot,
i have a 1''x1'' area with 130w 6500, 130w 2500 (or whatever, the red range) and 52w mixed spec
2 x autoflowers and an ak48 reg
i would prefer to buy a british made/designed product than from the usa because of the shipping tax, unless someone can suggest? i hear advanced are designed built in china...?
there are soo many lights on the market. i dont want to spend much more than £180/$280 . any recommendations?

1"= 1 inch here :cheesygrinsmiley: is that 1 meter? LOL The folks I mentioned are sponsors here and would be better to talk to them but I think the next size up in the budmaster range would both light the room and meet your budget ... ?

new news, I got a Budmaster!!. Some of you folks know I have been eyeballing them for a while. I am bummed to say I have had it for a day and not felt up to installing it. I opened it today and checked it out. I was not going to take pics and then I pulled out the power cord ... ok that was cool so I got the cam and took pics. I will post some in a new thread when I know a little more. If the power cord is worth a pic this is gonna be a cool light :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hi Buckshot, just curious if you know what angle lenses are on your Helio LED fixture. I'm experimenting with some LED's (DIY though so I have the ability to mix/match colors and lens angles) and of course not using lenses means my lights/colors blend really well, but I understand that using lenses helps get more focus/intensity from the lights. Trying to figure out what the right balance is so just wondering if you knew since you mentioned that you liked how your colors blended with the center panel (it looks like the center is without a lens and the outer ring has lenses).

Hey Buck I hope you start feeling better really soon. I know the feeling I'm bedridden with seeds to plant and equipment to install and test but the old backs out again.

Thanks AM ... I hope you feel better soon as well, got to put all that gear to work!

Hi Buckshot, just curious if you know what angle lenses are on your Helio LED fixture. I'm experimenting with some LED's (DIY though so I have the ability to mix/match colors and lens angles) and of course not using lenses means my lights/colors blend really well, but I understand that using lenses helps get more focus/intensity from the lights. Trying to figure out what the right balance is so just wondering if you knew since you mentioned that you liked how your colors blended with the center panel (it looks like the center is without a lens and the outer ring has lenses).

Merlock

Actually the center has a large deep lens ... I am not sure on the angle

Hi Buckshot
I am looking at LED's for awhile, how much space can you cover withone of your panels ?

There are many size and type panels. What size is the area you want to light?

I'm telling ya! I have a lot of the bugs worked out just not all, hopefully in the morning I'll be back at it. These LED's don't have air cooled hoods so I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to ventilate? just put the carbon filter and the 8 inch vortex directly to ducting out the tent and through the window? Is what I'm thinking, I'll test it as soon as the filter arrives.

Back
Top Bottom