Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LED grams per watt

Nug of the Month Winner - March 2013 Member of the Month Winner - November 2013 Buckshot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: LED grams per watt

Quote Originally Posted by lenngray View Post
    You're alluding to the replacement costs of an HPS bulb?
    Even if I decided to replace the bulb every 6 months as some have implied was necessary, I just looked up a replacement for my 55,000 lumen 400W as $20.88 shipped, so you're talking about the 9 x that, to be added to the cost? What's the cost of fraud. And which manufacturers' lights are going to match the yield of the HPS? And who's gonna guarantee that we got the right one, if everybody is willing to testify to the lies?
    initial cost of lights and fixtures
    bulbs
    cost of electricity
    aditional cost of ducts and fans plus the electricity
    Almost double water for HPS

then figure yeild into it
    My journal

Evolving feeding routine

when asked for an opinion on legalization...

"I don't think that will work. I mean, I hear the same debate. I hear it in my country. It is not likely to work. There is just too much money in it, and I don't think that—you can legalize small amounts for possession, but those who are making so much money selling, they have to be stopped."

-- Hillary Clinton

Nug of the Month Winner - March 2013 Member of the Month Winner - November 2013 Buckshot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: LED grams per watt

Quote Originally Posted by lenngray View Post
    You're alluding to the replacement costs of an HPS bulb?
    Even if I decided to replace the bulb every 6 months as some have implied was necessary, I just looked up a replacement for my 55,000 lumen 400W as $20.88 shipped, so you're talking about the 9 x that, to be added to the cost? What's the cost of fraud. And which manufacturers' lights are going to match the yield of the HPS? And who's gonna guarantee that we got the right one, if everybody is willing to testify to the lies?
    I thought we were talking about 1000 watt bulbs ... try $70.00-100.00 x 9 I just looked up a nice Hortilux HX66785 1000-Watt Super HPS Spectrum Grow Bulb and found it at a mere 72 bucks
    My journal

Evolving feeding routine

when asked for an opinion on legalization...

"I don't think that will work. I mean, I hear the same debate. I hear it in my country. It is not likely to work. There is just too much money in it, and I don't think that—you can legalize small amounts for possession, but those who are making so much money selling, they have to be stopped."

-- Hillary Clinton

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12