What is the best 1000 watt ballast?

o2much4me

What is everyone opinion on the best 1000 watt digital ballast? I was thinking Lumatek then saw they have been having some issues. What does everyone here run?

I've been asking the same questions lately. I heard Lumatek was the best ..... but also heard they were having problems (both the model with and without the fan). The hydroponic store clerk told me he has been seeing so many come back that he won't stock them. The one that most use around here is the Quantum and the Galaxy. I personally ordered the Quantum.

Zero problems with my 1000w JD Lighting Ballast, basically set it and forget it. JDL is also a 420mag sponsor :)

I am having a hard time choosing a digital ballast brand. Not going to go with Lumatek after hearing a lot of issues. Thats one thing about magnetic ballast they last forever

I am having a hard time choosing a digital ballast brand. Not going to go with Lumatek after hearing a lot of issues. Thats one thing about magnetic ballast they last forever

Amen to Magnetic; been using them for many years without any problems at all. Have 12 of them: 9 @ 600W HPS and 1 each 400W HPS and MH in a "Growzilla, 2 bulbs in 1 refl'r) and 1 @ 1000HPS that splits into 2 @ 600W MH...

I would buy another whole system with a mag ballast before I would risk a digital and probably still have money left over.

they do got a deal doing on with the jd light ballast. Got a 600w jd light ballast from here, and been running my jd ballast for 5 months strait!Still running like a champ.

had a quick power out one night, and my jd ballast(digital) reset it self to go right back on, and had to unplug my mag ballast, then plug in to work that day.fuck!

I have no idea how long it was out that night.

I've been researching the nano Lux digital ballast and I see there was a few different nano ballast like the extreme and nanolux cube ballast just wanted some input before I purchased if you could help please message me

I just had the first ballast fail in my 35 plus years of using lights. It was a relatively new magnetic ballast. I had to purchase a backup and decided on nanolux digital ballast and has worked flawlessly. it's smaller, has a fan, is dimmable and has a 3 year warranty; the magnetic ballast has a 5 year warranty. Just food for thought.

I have been going over the ballasts for days. Back and forth on Apollo but yet open to higher quality. I want dimmable and I want something that can handle double ended. From what I have read not all ballasts can push the juice to the double ended. So even if you invest in it you may have to invest in a different ballast.

So today I picked up a Sun Spot as part of a deal with a Raptro 8 reflector. I thought about taking it back but after reading more decided I will keep this as a back up at least so I have a magnetic I can rely on (unless it is a lemon). But I will get a digital.

So I, too, am trying to decide. I am partial to the Apollo because it's purple but I can't get what I want so I have to start checking others.

I have three 1000 watt apollos. Never a problem. Have 2 1000 watt Cali ballasts... Both shit the bed.,and they are twice the price of apollos.

IMG_7006-1.jpg
I have 2 solis-tech high frequency dimable digital balasts. I have no experience with anything else. but I can tell you this these things rock. I have them on 240v and I highly recommend this you can rest your hand on them now and you couldn't on 110v. they are super efficient as well. I will not switch to anything else unless something happens to them. maybe even then I wont. my local grow shop supports them so much that if anything happens with in 5 years all I have to do is bring them in with the receipt and she will exchange them on the spot. that's pretty impressive if u ask me. here is what I got going under them at the moment. I buy no means work for them or anything if they were crap I'd let you know. yet again I have nothing to compare it too. so take it for what it is!

I have a 1000 watt digital ballast that i plugged into an outlet that was faulty and now my ballast which has a status light that blinks once every second and in the instructions that indicates it has and under or over voltage protection. My question is how can i fix that or do i need a new one?

I have a 1000 watt digital ballast that i plugged into an outlet that was faulty and now my ballast which has a status light that blinks once every second and in the instructions that indicates it has and under or over voltage protection. My question is how can i fix that or do i need a new one?
Best bet would be to reach out to the manufacturer, send them an email.

Or try asking by posting a new thread, this one is from 2012....

Back
Top Bottom