My New LED light

FoF1985

havent been on in a long time . first off ide like to say hi to the community ! this thread is to show everyone my new light that i am in the process of finishing . thought ide post some pics and get everyones opinions . ive never used LEDs before and with the mixed reviews im finding im looking forward to it !

image17.jpeg

image_1_4.jpeg

image_2_3.jpeg

quad optotronic 75W ballists totaling 300W

sylvania osram , 102 LED's per strip 2 strips per row totaling 3264 0.8 Watt LEDs

range is 3000-4000k adjustable but they should be right at 3000K due to me not having a digital dimmer .

20,000 lumens total . all numbers come straight from sylvania .

a little less then half the lumens in comparison to me MH lights but much more usable light.

comments questions or suggestions welcome :)

i got this light pretty much for free, it took me a couple hours to break everything down and put it back together but now that i have it together im pretty happy with how it turned out. a equal LED light of this wattage is pricey and IMO built cheaper . they use bigger LEDs that produce less lumens. a LED light produces such a useable spectrum ide say the more of it the better.

quad optotronic 75W ballists totaling 300W

sylvania osram , 102 LED's per strip 2 strips per row totaling 3264 0.8 Watt LEDs

Some quick math tells me that those are not .8W (ie 1 watt) LEDs.

I believe those are 80mW LEDs (SMD 5050's). If you use a multimeter on then you will see that your total pull will probably be closer to 275 watts (including drivers). Each strip will pull roughly 12-14 watts. If I'm not mistaken these are T8 LED replacement tubes.

While there is a large amount of power being used, you will not have a lot of penetration power. This means that you are going to have to keep these lights really close to your plants. Basically you are growing with T5/T8 CFLs with a little less spectra coverage.

Edit: After looking a little closer at your mounting, I'm not seeing any type of heat management. Is the bar that these are mounted to aluminum by chance? If not you might have an issue with thermal runaway the loner you leave these lights running. You may not due to the low power of each LED but it is something to think about.

sorry my math was off a decimal point lol. 0.08W per light. 8.4W per 10 inch strip . theres 2 per row is approx 16.8 x 16 = 270W . the reason i said 300w is according to the information i pulled about the drivers , when the 75W optotronic drivers are paired with there max amount of strips " 8 @ 102 LEDs per 10 inches" they automaticly run at 75W/4000k/617 lumens per foot.they are dimmable to half power and thats where you can drop the temp to 3000k but then everything else drops too. these are sylvania # 70422 and they came out of some office lights in a storage locker that were never installed. ive had them running for 4 hours and the lights themselves emit no heat what so ever .the strips they are mounted on are aluminium yes . the drivers get warm but not even close to that of my MH lights. penetration wont be as good your right but i will be able to get this light as close to the plants as i physically can. if one or two leds burn out it wont be a noticeable as the bigger ones.smaller lights run more efficient aswell. and most of all a extra light thats free is better then no free light lol.

Back
Top Bottom