5watt LED

Hi, PeytonManning. i'm very happy u like our light. :love: thank u very much. have a happy grow. :circle-of-love:
I have the mars II 400 watt with the 5 watt diodes. Works great

Yeah, i will share some lights here later.:) if u want to know anything about our light, u an PM me, and i will try my best to help u.:)
i don't see any lumens on that 100x3w panel, but shows on both reflector and mars2 maybe SmokeSara could share some light here? :)

From what i understand of LED's...

A 5w led used at maxed capacity of 5w would create extra heat & shorten the lift span of such led !

There for the claim of 50,000 hours of such led lighting is rather pointless... so to increase life span of leds to such they are often run at a lower wattage to preserve life span...

This may effect true colour of spectrum of said led used ? or in till hard core evidence is provided !

What i'm saying is every led panel maker is running their leds at a lower wattage to increase the life span & whether this effects Nm of colour spectrum of said led ?

The so-called 5W is just two 3w led chips packaged together ,it's actual wattage is around 3W .

Where in the world are you getting this information? I have never seen a datasheet that shows multiple 3 watts diodes on a chip other than COBs... and I have never seen a COB under 30 watts use 3 watt chips.

We are using 5w-single chip. there had 3w-3chip, but no 5w-two 3w chip.
Where in the world are you getting this information? I have never seen a datasheet that shows multiple 3 watts diodes on a chip other than COBs... and I have never seen a COB under 30 watts use 3 watt chips.

I have purchased a 1200w mars2. the 5 watt LEDs run pretty hot. The heat sink and fans do a terrific job at cooling the electronics, but does not do much at maintaining an (already) high ambient temp.

I won't be using it anymore, unfortunately. I am still struggling with heat, and it would be nice to redesign the housing unit to be able to do air cooling via ducting. As it is, I am no better off than using a similar wattage HID lighting.

Just a thought from my experimenting in a hot and humid environment. Would have been perfect if I was living in the French Riviera.

it is 18~24inches:)
I am looking at your MARS 2 LEDs now but I need to at how far of a distance from your LEDs is your listed coverage area?

Hi Sara - yes i have been running the Mars Hydro II 400 / 5 watt epistars for @ 6 months now. Price was great although our $ was a little low at the time of purchase and also it was stocked in my country which was a bonus. I love it - does everything i wanted in a grow light. Running at about 18/19 inches above canopy at the moment. Where i am really does not effect the ambient temperatures much apart from Summer which is always too hot but LED makes little difference in temps.The only thing i would have liked to have been included is adjustable hangers for the unit.Appears to cover my entire grow area nicely and is quite inexpensive on power usage.I would highly recommend the Mars brand to anyone wanting a new LED for the product and the fast friendly service - 10/10.Thank You !

:) :thumb:

Hi Bigbudsgood,I'm glad to hear that you like our lights.And thanks for supporting us.:cheer:
Sometimes we have the event to give free ratchet hanger out,i will post the news on Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion of 420Magazine.You can check on there sometimes:high-five:
Hi Sara - yes i have been running the Mars Hydro II 400 / 5 watt epistars for @ 6 months now. Price was great although our $ was a little low at the time of purchase and also it was stocked in my country which was a bonus. I love it - does everything i wanted in a grow light. Running at about 18/19 inches above canopy at the moment. Where i am really does not effect the ambient temperatures much apart from Summer which is always too hot but LED makes little difference in temps.The only thing i would have liked to have been included is adjustable hangers for the unit.Appears to cover my entire grow area nicely and is quite inexpensive on power usage.I would highly recommend the Mars brand to anyone wanting a new LED for the product and the fast friendly service - 10/10.Thank You !

:) :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom