Please some help Would be nice! don't want to get ripped off - led light buying!

777akaninjahe

i been searching the hole web for good supplier of led grow ligth, only one i found yet i belive and trust that sells the real deal led ligths! is diamond

Any info on this would be real nice! was looking to use up to like 1000$ my by more depens :)

so any info would be nice ! i did pick up that cree is the one making super led ! did find a company named hero to !

but i been searching alot around and its hard to tell what that is the real deal and not!

where in the world i have to ship from doesent really mater:p like i can it shipt from the usa with jet carrier its np.

did stumble upon apollo and agromax but agromax seemed to have a lot of bad rep about gving you crap.

done alot of ressearch into to this about the led! thats why i would really apprasied any help ! inn the matter_!!!

Varm regards Tony ! Norway!!

420!

XD!

Hey, you could take a look at the Solarstorm. It's a 350w variable LED system. If you would like a good look at one in action, see Harley001's grow on 420magazine. I haven't used one myself but it seems effective and very good looking. I hope they're availables in Norway, anyway.

All the best,

Barney :peace:

Would you mind giving us a little more information? What type of grow are you trying to achieve? How big is you plant growth area? Are you concerned with heat? Do you have proper ventilation? Are you looking at LEDs from a bud quality standpoint or a power saving standpoint?

The more information you can give us about your type of grow the more we will be able to assist you in what you may need or what will work best for you.

Looking for quality allmost went for the plasma lamp that cost 1500$ the only one i found on the internett yet Grow Lights by High Tech Garden Supply | Your Online Hydroponics Store

But the agromax lamps got me worried since the internett is overflowing with people saying this is shitty lamps not at the rigth ligth spec!

but i am looking for a very complett one inn all systems, like a very complett led lamp, heat is no like a problem noise is more of small issue if i have to go with noise to get quality! I WILL SELECT THE NOISE!

i was my by thinking this one, DS XML 350 - Diamond Series LED

or the SOLARSTORM- he talked about liked the switches and the the uvb mode- ty for good reply:thumb:

i was thinking this one becuse alot of reasons :)

1. 11+ Wavelengths of Color Output: 760nm, 740nm, 720nm, 660nm, 630nm, 615nm-480nm, 460nm, 440nm, 415nm, 380nm sems like it has all the rigth wavelengths and more!
2.havent found one statement one the hole internett thats bad,, no joking i read most likely 200 300 my by 400 now :p

3. they explain parts of the led system inn ways no one else explains, about the powerloss and so on, saying that they know how to get it better and ca prove it and has proven it! since they are the first one explaining this after i went true like 20+ comp all of them explaining alot but no tas depth inn detail how and so on!

4. there lamps are allrady made to be used internasjonal! HAVENT FOUND ANY OTHER COMPANY THAT HAS PLUG AND PLAY HARDWARE ALLMOST when i comes to the power system! most led are not! by some weird reason!

--6ft Power Cord in 110v US with 220v and International Plugs Available---

any thougths any one ? its no problems getting stuff from usa to norway! we have companies like jet carrier that gives ppl from norway adresse and so on in the usa so we can order stuff like we live there really lol,,

and i got friends down there :D! i got a casey hhahah love that guy ^^ if you reading this Casey yes its the orginal 777 saying this ^^

love and peach! bro XD!

sry for long comment bros, anyways i am looking for the real quality money isent a issue really, its not like i wasting it but why buy somthing half working if you can dobbel the price and get something alot better!!

:) any thougths experince is welcome :)!

Thanks for the Reply!! it does enligthen me it sems, even tho i cant spell rigth now for shit.. sry about that..

forgot somthing apprently real imporent :) usa is the country with the quality when it comes to led it sems !

USA Made CREE XML and Bridgelux Blue and White Led's.

sems like cree is one of the best led ligths producers or am i mistaking ? ppl inn europe are selling this with the promise that it is from the states and that means it has the rigth quality :p you get like 1000 of knock offs lol..

but state made led is more expensive and CREE LED are the most expensive it sems :)

am i on the rigth track guys :)?

Both the Diamond XML and CLW are good products. If you are going for taller plants go with the Advance light. If you are doing a screen of green, the tube fluorescent in the CLW model will actually have some effect. You didn't answer any of the questions so it is still a shot in the dark as to what you really need.

Your're welcome, Aka! Yeah your best options seem the diamond series and solar storm if price isn't a concern. The 800w solar storm with UVBs would be my first choice. It looks amazing!

Barn :peace:

I use Lush Lighting they are really good. they work for both flowering and Veg. website is lushledlighting
here is a sample of my work with them.
DSC057931.jpg
DSC057633.jpg
BLT.jpg
Jack_herer10.jpg

there are more than 95% led grow lights made in China, why not save cost and order directly from China? Most led grow light manufactures use Epistar, but not CREE or bridgelux. CREE is the best for commercial light, such as led bulb, spot light,etc,because their white is really great. but LED grow light, Epistar is the best, we need full spectrum, while CREE can not meet this demand.

3 year part, labor, and shipping. I have had my ladies under this for 29 day's today, results have been amazing. And spent way under 1000 dollars.
WP_20130618_019.jpg

just an FYI for those who are shopping for a decent LED light and want to deal with a north american based outlet/store... experienced a lot of bad mojo from a company called growblu... strongly suggest avoidance...

I bought a 600 watt diamond series 11 band led from china.........about $700 shipped.
Seems to be identical in design to the advanced led diamond series(except the stickers)...........about $1400+shipping.
The China seller told me that they used to be the supplier for advanced, but advanced found another chinese supplier that was cheaper and dumped them.
Im pretty convinced that 99.9% of all these lights are made in china.............alot of companies just claim that they are USA made!

You would be referring to eshine... If memory serves me correct, they refused to actually use Cree diodes when Advanced wanted them in the XML series, but I could be mistaken. Kyle stops by on the forums from time ot time, so he might be able to give us more insight.

Yep.............what you said. Wasnt really sure on the politics of this sites advertising agenda, so I didnt mention the manufacturer.
I dont know exactly what is/was the fallout of the two......and dont really care either.
I feel I made the right decision (at least my wallet thinks so) and im very impressed with the results thus far........
Ive never seen a plant grow so dense and clustered with nodes......
Actually, its pretty aggravating having to thin out the dense growth under the canopy every week!

Yes, most led grow lights made in China even the reseller states they made in USA. if you find the right factory you can get the right thing. I am in China, I know everything about this, but I cannot talk too much about it, because we have to protect customers.
I bought a 600 watt diamond series 11 band led from china.........about $700 shipped.
Seems to be identical in design to the advanced led diamond series(except the stickers)...........about $1400+shipping.
The China seller told me that they used to be the supplier for advanced, but advanced found another chinese supplier that was cheaper and dumped them.
Im pretty convinced that 99.9% of all these lights are made in china.............alot of companies just claim that they are USA made!

all grow light manufacturers incliuding american ones like hydogrow use the same basic obsolete design led with some real cree leds, but most are bridgelux or epistar which do not make leds suitable for grow lights, only the interior dies then multiple other chinese manfacturer, it is really easy to tell if you have good leds or not because they look completely differen theres nothing wrong with the briglelux or epistar based ones, they are extremely cheap to manufacture and they will get you almost any wavelength, thats why alll led grow light companies use them (included in this design or edison, epiled and semiled) top of the line brands like everlight luxeon osram led engin have twice the life of 100 000 hours and slightly more efficient, cree is acutally the cheapest of these brands. there may be one company that uses some osram, but most use some cree along with the cheap ones or just the cheap ones. many companies buy the lights straight from china and put their own name on it. there are some chinese companies that do use a few real cree leds to. theres nothing wrong with the cheap leds exspecially when you can get the grow lights for a dollar per watt on ebay or alibaba the bad part is that american companies or chargin up to 5x the price for lights that use basically the same leds, all the technology is in the leds the rest is pennies to manufacturem, until they start using digitally driven and controlled grow lights with adjustable spectrum the best gorw lights for your money will be baught straight from china provided you know the spectral ratio you want. some if the chinese companies even use pwm digital dimming with the ability to ajust red blue and the rest independantly with a remote, some even have wifi and the ability to control from your phone.

your absolutely right man, at best the companies asemble them themselves but still by the compnents from china like the cheap obsolete brigelux or epistar leds which btw are not made by those companies only the chip and multiple other companies manufacture them, but they all have the same basic design performance and quality and can be bought for 50 cents a piece some companies do use a few reall leds like cree but every company uses mainly the cheap bridgelux based ones. so far no company is using luxeon or everlight or led engin and one company uses some osram( the lower end osram series) they are almost 5 bux a piece some of them, cree being the cheapest of them at 3 bux a piece these brands som of them like osram are extrmelly efficient or some like everlight are at the top of they'ree game and guaranteeing them to last over 100 000 hours. either way companies claiming to use special technology or use the best leds availbile are simply full of shit. the only way to get the most highend led grow light money can buy would be to build it yourself. howd you pay so muich for your diamond you can get em on alibaba now for less then 1000 most at a dollar per watt or less, prices keep going down everytime i look though

Back
Top Bottom