Testing a BudMaster II LED Panel

Hey Folks

When I heard I was going to be "testing" an LED panel I planned to test against my (at the time) best performing panel the Budmaster. I contacted the folks at Budmaster and told them what I planned. While thrilled I would do this I was asked not to as they did not want to steal the thunder from a co-sponsor. I thought that was cool. What was even cooler was I was asked to test a Budmaster II :cheesygrinsmiley: Of course I said yes. So quietly I have put the plant I had split for the test under this new panel. So here we go

Oh... for light tech types, I am not one. I know, I have no meters, gadgets or whatnots. I know this disappoints you join the club, I disappoint everyone equally. My role is to grow under the lights I test. For all inquiries about the tech stuff go here LED Grow Lights from Budmaster II, Developed and Tested in the UK and ask the good folks at Budmaster

Here we go again :cheesygrinsmiley:

Here is the panel as shipped. Sweet!... but... what a 6' power cord? AHHHH. These lights go on the ceiling folks!! We need longer power cables. There were also two nice ratchet hangers...two? :hmmmm: The cool thing is that clusters and power supplies can be removed from the outside!!! I have had to replace a cluster in one of my older panels... it was a bitch and took all I had (older with bad back) to get it done myself. This looks like I could replace a cluster without taking down the light...cool.

DSC_3170_budmasterii.jpg

Here it is up. So far the plant is responding well and has gone into bud. I will show some new images hopefully tonight.

This plant has been severely abused (the top broke while training and is duct taped on :cheesygrinsmiley:

DSC_3199_budmasterII.jpg

Hey Folks

Remember this thread? :cheesygrinsmiley: It has been a while that plant up there is already cured. I have also budded out an S Girl under it, her tops have been taken but it is still bulking up the secondaries and popcorn. I am going to finish the S Girl and then do a blueberry. I have lots to say but I just found this thread was back.

Pictures say a thousand words... I will let the girls show you

Here is the blue moon that was finished

DSC_3971_sidebud_bm.jpg

this is S Girl... the tops are gone but I will get more pics tomorrow

DSC_4500_sgirl.jpg

DSC_4502_sgirl.jpg

Hi all

Paul here from Budmaster to answer a question that has been asked regarding the colours used in our lights.

We use a combination of red white and blue:
Red 660nm primary red peak
Red 630nm secondary red peak
Blue 460nm primary blue peak
White 3000k hps white
White 7000k halide white
White 9000k halide white

All smd diodes bleed out around 15nm either side of the preset wavelength which is why there is no need for more than 1 type of blue and 2 types of red.

The 3 white diodes give us a little of every colour in the visible spectrum including a little UV and IR, the idea of this being to make the lights full spectrum and allow excellent growth for most strains and plant types. We find plants have a very healthy aura under our lights due to the white diodes and the added benefit is that they lighten the grow area a little to allow easier inspection of your beloved crop.

The balance of red 630 and red 660 helps eliminate bleaching in most strains which is another good reason to have red 630. Often lights with just red 660 in their spectrum (also with blue etc) in large quantities can cause bleaching in younger or weaker plants.

Excellent job by the way Buckshot cant wait to see the next one.

Also guys and gals our Budmaster 1200XG is now in production we put some preview pics on our fb page, we are offering medical growers in the USA and Canada who are members of 420 a permanent 10 discount on this light and also on the 675XG

1391995_471067169658647_1784421296_n1.jpg

Hey Paul

Thanks for stopping in and helping with the tech stuff. My input is much simpler :cheesygrinsmiley:

I finished trimming the S Girl (hash bud plant) it is the frostiest s girl I have grown to date with a deep rich smell. I am evolving as a grower so it is hard to tell if it was the light... but this run and the blue moon I got back on my feeding routine and the only thing that changed was the light :hmmmm:

I have now put a beautiful blueberry plant under the Budmaster II. I have never grown this plant before so we will see it bud together.

Pics when I can

Thanks again Paul

No probs Buckshot happy to help.

Buckshot is indeed an excellent grower and being an excellent grower does not happen over night, it takes years of experience and absolutely zero procrastination

We also run a hydro store and sell normal lights too and one of our favourite quotes when people come in with problems is 'Its never the nutrients, its never the light its almost always either the environment or the grower that is the problem with a bad crop'.

So yes Buckshot makes it look easy but years of experience and accumulated knowledge are the main factor behind his awesome grows, or course our lights help by giving more light glorious light

No probs Buckshot happy to help.

Buckshot is indeed an excellent grower and being an excellent grower does not happen over night, it takes years of experience and absolutely zero procrastination ��

We also run a hydro store and sell normal lights too and one of our favourite quotes when people come in with problems is 'Its never the nutrients, its never the light its almost always either the environment or the grower that is the problem with a bad crop'.

So yes Buckshot makes it look easy but years of experience and accumulated knowledge are the main factor behind his awesome grows, or course our lights help by giving more light glorious light ��

Holy crap my head swelled up, I now look like the Queen of Hearts in Alice and can't get out the door :rofl:

beautiful i wish i could afford more lights, your plants always look killer buck!!!

Thanks BID... nothing compared to that awesome purple beast everyone is checking out!!!

Hey Paul check out BID's links!

I've been aware of budmaster brand for at least 18 months now & i am more than surprised to see LED Grow Lights from Budmaster II, Developed and Tested in the UK as a 420 mag sponsor :thumb:

I shall keep a watchful eye upon Buckshots grow with this led panel as i've been eye balling it for some time for a future upgrade.

Hi Fuzzy

We have been a sponsor here at 420 since March last year, although we used to be Greenlights led until we decided to just focus on our own Budmaster range and so re branded to focus on Budmaster.

Buckshot has done several excellent diaries for us if you check his posts.

Going to jump on board and check out this grow.

The lights look very interesting. Converting them to US dollars makes them all of a sudden look much more costly. LOL And I imagine shipping costs a bit to the US as well.

They do look super high-quality.

Even though I know you're not going to Buckshot, I really wished you would test them against the other lights (you know what I am referring to). To me, that kind of comparison testing makes all the difference in the world.

I think buying lights could become a hobby all unto itself. lol

The lights look very interesting. Converting them to US dollars makes them all of a sudden look much more costly. LOL And I imagine shipping costs a bit to the US as well.

Even though I know you're not going to Buckshot, I really wished you would test them against the other lights (you know what I am referring to). To me, that kind of comparison testing makes all the difference in the world.

You touched on a couple of things I was going to write/do

First of all the two lights that I am currently testing are both high quality panels but both had quality control issues. The Top LED panel had fan issues and the Budmaster II had some screws poorly seated some too tight and one inside rolling around!!! When these issues were corrected the panels have both been fine for these months. I did both repairs.

Second in a way they are both doing a side by side now from sheer coincidence. Both are blooming strains I have never grown before so I will be as surprised as you with the results. I may in the future do one plant split and a panel on each side...

but let's see what happens first

So what's your opinion of the BM II regarding output of light is it a bright beast? It certainly looks to be cranking the juice!

BID

The Budmaster was my top panel... the Budmaster II and the Top LED panel are now fighting for top honors

The panel is exceptionally "bright" :cheesygrinsmiley:

You touched on a couple of things I was going to write/do

First of all the two lights that I am currently testing are both high quality panels but both had quality control issues. The Top LED panel had fan issues and the Budmaster II had some screws poorly seated some too tight and one inside rolling around!!! When these issues were corrected the panels have both been fine for these months. I did both repairs.

Second in a way they are both doing a side by side now from sheer coincidence. Both are blooming strains I have never grown before so I will be as surprised as you with the results. I may in the future do one plant split and a panel on each side...

but let's see what happens first

I hate it when they drop a spare screw or wire clipping into a case in the factory it is most annoying, Hopefully soon we will find a quality US distributor who can test the units before sending them out. At the moment when lights are shipped direct from a factory to a customer (any lights) there is always a slight chance there could be an issue either as above or a transit damage issue.

Happily in the UK we test every light as soon as it arrives, and before anyone asks about sending from the UK to USA it is just not feasible for environmental and money reasons. We are trying to keep the prices as low as we can so people can afford the switch to LED.

Anyway back to it time to medicate :)

Hi Output

The US cost of shipping for a 675XG is at present $65, the prices go up and down a fraction so we update the every 3 months where applicable.

So the total dollar price is approx $866 depending on the exchange rates that day.

But take off your 10% 420 discount and the price becomes $794 :)

Hi Output

The US cost of shipping for a 675XG is at present $65, the prices go up and down a fraction so we update the every 3 months where applicable.

So the total dollar price is approx $866 depending on the exchange rates that day.

But take off your 10% 420 discount and the price becomes $794 :)

Thanks Butmaster.

They look nice. I'll be hanging out with everyone watching the results.

Well I have been plenty tired watching my dog after he had surgery... I almost killed some really nice blue dreams due to not watering. The flowering girls were all OK. Pics soon

Back
Top Bottom