Jandre2k3's Intelligent-Gro Testing: Phase 1

Greetings:

I am Jandre2k3.

I will be your guide to this new thread we are now calling, Jandre2k3's Intelligent-Gro Testing: Phase 1

I was approached by our sponsor DankyDavid about these new LED lights. All that know my raw data collection will understand why I took on this project. This will be a no-holds-barred in-depth look into the operation, functionality, and feasibility as a replacement to our beloved High Pressure Sodium light source...

Those that know me will be pleased to know that my usual skepticism is fully functional, and my objectiveness as a tester is cranked to 11. We all know the ability possessed by this grower to discover, and to lay bare the naked data and to show the hard truth of the matter. This will be no different.

My testing will be after the cabinet is built, and I will have 2 identical cabinets (ideally) to show a side-by-side comparison of the HPS and the Intelligent-Gro. As the cabinets will be built soon, I decided to start this thread and have it ready to go when all is prepared.

I'm sure you know that I grow in a 2x4 space, and will be testing a light made specifically for this size box. This I will get into at a later time. But for now, I will give a breakdown of the cabinets and their water delivery systems. As you know I will also be taking measurements of temp and relative humidity throughout the test. Nothing will be hidden, nor made to seem small. All will be presented as-is, and then afterward, I will give my overall impression of the collected data.

This, I believe will be a fun adventure for DankyDavid and me, and I look forward to putting this light through its paces. The light arrives on 02/26/2014, according to FedEx, and I will give my initial thoughts and findings the day after, if not that night. Until then......... We prepare the workspace.

Jandre2k3’s Intelligent-Gro Testing: Phase 1

PREPARATION:

The cabinets:

2/19/2014
Materials_Autosaved_pdf1.jpg
Design3.jpg
Jandre_Box-Full.jpg
Top64.jpg
Bottom10.jpg
Eqiupment-Side.jpg

The only difference here in the plans from the actual built boxes, is that the bottom door will lay flat when opened, instead of lifting upward.

PREPARATION:

The Lights:

2/19/2014

Intelligent-Gro Intensity Series
342w LED Grow Light

Product Code: IGRO-342LED

Specifications
AC input85V - 265V / 50-60Hz
AC plug standardCustomized
Auto-GrowProgrammable
Beam angle105° + 78°
Color optionsBlack, silver, blue, pink
Daisy chainSupport 10 units
Gross weight5.2kg
Housing materialAluminum
LED channelsGrowing/vegetation/flowering
Life span50000 hours
Modularized designYes
Net weight4.3kg
Packing size661mm*256mm*106mm
Par reading (30cm)745 UmolCO2 m-2.s-1.
power342W
Power consumption270W
Power efficiency>85%
Product size530n1m*220mm*70mm
Spectrum10 Bands with UV&IR
Standby power cons.6W
Working humidity<85%
Working temperature<35°C

PREPARATION:

The Lights:

2/19/2014

This I-Gro Intensity Series LED light coverage area is 2' x 4' at a height of 26 inches.
Key Features:
Modularized design:

- Easy and fast production

- Easy maintenance and repairing
Full aluminum housing:

- Light weight, cost saving for delivery

- Anti-rust, anti-corrosion

- Good heat dissipation, long life time

- Smart design, elegant shape
Three Programmable LED channels:

- Independent channels for Growing, Vegetation, Flowering

- Mode setting for sunset, sunrise, sunny, cloudy, 24 hoursrecycling

- Customized setting for each channel in each hour, 24 hours recycling

- More energy saving with controller
54W High power center (105°beam angle) + 3W LEDs surrounded (78° beam angle):

- High power penetration

- Even LED light coverage
Daisy chain control:

- One controller can support 10 lamps

- Synchronous control

- Saving cost for controller
High energy-efficiency:

Intelligent-Gro LED Grow Lights cost between 40% - 70% less to operate compared to HID lamps
Application:

- Commercial Greenhouses

- Indoor and Vertical Farms

- Nurseries

- Research

PREPARATION:

The Lights:

2/19/2014

***Light Cycling Setting for Different Stages of Plant Growth

THE FIRST TWO ARE THE MAIN TWO USED IN OUR HOBBY... The second two are alternative auto-cycles for other activities.

This is a typical 18 hour light cycle for vegetative growth of long-day and day-neutral plants. Using this program the user should see normal growth while consuming less power.
18hr_Veg_program_graph.png

This is a typical 12 hour light cycle for flowering plants. Using this program will encourage abundant blooming in short-day plants. Harvests grown under this program have exceeded growers' expectations in both quality and yield.
12hr_Bloom_program_graph.png

This is a 16 hour program for neutral-day plants like tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers. Running this program will result in an approximate energy saving of 20% over running the light at full power.
16hr_Grow_program_graph.png

Many growers have inquired about the best spectrum for rooting clones and maintaining mother plants. This program was developed to encourage vigorous rooting of clones and increased vegetative growth in mothers. The long day heavy in blue lig¬ht will keep short-day plants in a vegetative state while conserving energy.
21hr_Clone_program_graph.png

I just got to class early and got a front row desk

Welcome, Calyx Hunter. Have a seat right there. We will be exploring the differences between HPS and LED in this thread. Good to see you here, early. It'll be a while yet before the light gets here, and we'll have an unpacking and first exploration into this brand of LED's. I hope you will enjoy your time here.

PREPARATION:

The Nutrients:

2/19/2014

The nutrient delivery system will be my standard and (not patented) well-known Ebb & Flow system. For those of you not up to speed on this, please read up here: DIY Ebb & Flow

I will not be adding any unknown variables to Phase1 of testing. We all know that the more parts of a test, the more variables can muck up the data. So for this phase, there will be NO CO2 ENRICHMENT, as there is normally in my flower box. For those of you looking for a nice, cheap and fast CO2 generator, please read up here: DIY CO2 Generator

PREPARATION:

The Plants:

2/19/2014

I have decided to start each box with clones... Those will be of (either) various strains or all of one strain. I haven't decided yet on that one. Please PM me directly with your thoughts on this one so we don't disrupt the flow of the testing. I will announce my final decision on the day I take the cuttings to be grown in each box. As I DO NOT clone under HPS for ANY reason, I will also root the cuttings for the HPS box under the Intellient-Gro. I will be using the light's 4th cycle to see how well it performs in a cloning situation. For more information on cloning read up here: Cloning: Mad Simple - A Beginner's Guide

SIDE NOTE:

2/19/2014

I will be including a link to the website, as well as my code for a discount program I have with the sponsor later once the site is operational.

For now just use my discount codes if you want to test along with the rest of us...

2k3LED10%
2k3LED15%

Welcome, Calyx Hunter. Have a seat right there. We will be exploring the differences between HPS and LED in this thread. Good to see you here, early. It'll be a while yet before the light gets here, and we'll have an unpacking and first exploration into this brand of LED's. I hope you will enjoy your time here.

I'm currently using 600W HPS. I grew with LED a few years ago and the technology was not quite there yet. Well now it's here! I'm already convinced that LED will be the light of future gardens. My next investment will be a new LED grow light. I'm going to soak in as much knowledge from the pros as I can. I really enjoy your engineering approach to this and I'm lookng forward to seeing what you do with this stuff.

PREPARATION:

The Plants:

2/19/2014

I have decided to start each box with clones... Those will be of (either) various strains or all of one strain. I haven't decided yet on that one. Please PM me directly with your thoughts on this one so we don't disrupt the flow of the testing. I will announce my final decision on the day I take the cuttings to be grown in each box. As I DO NOT clone under HPS for ANY reason, I will also root the cuttings for the HPS box under the Intellient-Gro. I will be using the light's 4th cycle to see how well it performs in a cloning situation. For more information on cloning read up here: Cloning: Mad Simple - A Beginner's Guide

You should talk to BID. I heard the two of you have same strains and it would make a good test to see two people being sponsored growing same strain. just a thought? Ofcourse ense I wont get the luxury to smoke any of it.. it doesnt matter to me..lol

Really glad I caught this early. Really lookin forward to the results as to the how the ladies respond to the different lights. And how yields will be effected. Hell I had a thought once of putting every light known to contain proper spectrum wave length and use them all in the same grow. Let me know if I am just over medicated

Back
Top Bottom