New Mars II LED 400W from TopLED

nobodyuknow

Well I got the new Mars II LED 400W Grow Light from TopLED, got it all hooked up and going a couple of days now, and I am so impressed! First of all, this light is so bright I really need some sunglasses. With the light pointing down I cant even see the LED's so I cant imagine if I looked right at them if they were on. Once I walk away I had that spot thing in my eyes as if someone just took a picture and it flashed in my face. Also the quality of this light is amazing. I didnt know what to expect as far as quality of the light. Its very heavy and very very sturdy and well made. My only complaint is the fans are a bit loud, but I can deal with that, no problem. My plant seems to be responding well too. I was using CFL's and it seem the past couple of days those little hairy looking white things are coming out like crazy, and the color of the leaves themselves are turning a dark healthy green. I still cant get over how bright this is :trance: :trance: My plant is a White Dwarf autoflower fem from Herbies. Pics on the bottom are with the light turned off.

Thank you guys for all your great posts and help here on this forum! Couldn't of done this without ya!

100_123110.JPG

100_12327.JPG

100_12369.JPG

100_123512.JPG

100_12346.JPG

100_12337.JPG

100_12279.JPG

100_122611.JPG

Very nice! I'd love to have one of those 400watters. but my space won't allow it :/ i run one of them 96x3 reflector panels, and i find it very solid, but came to same conclusion with the fans being very loud, so i replaced them immediately.

I was just thinking about doing the same thing. I wonder if the warranty would still be good if I did? I could get some of those silent fans and put in. They look like 120mm fans.

I was thinking about going with the 700 watter, but I wanted to start out small, then maybe go bigger later on, but I'm glad now I didnt. I cant get over how bright this is for 400 watts. It's literally blinding. I put it on my Kill A Watt meter, and it only pulls 170 watts. I am so impressed!

LED is future right now :) and SmokeSara please sponsor me a 400w Mars II :)
I don't know about the warranty part, i just knew i had to replace the fans, because they were too loud for my setup. The fans i'm using is a brand called Akasa, and they are transparent/orange - have a look at my grow test, there is a link somewhere. Yup, both reflector and mars comes with 120mm fans. Well i think i should've spend that extra hundreds to get the 400w but what i'd really wanted to see is a grow test between the mars2 and the reflector. Have a chat with SmokeSara about the warranty.

you can email me, I will allow you to replace fans. just the normal computer fan is ok. I will tell our factory the fan problem. they want high round fan to solve heat problem, so sounds like it is loud. actually it is wind.:)
I was just thinking about doing the same thing. I wonder if the warranty would still be good if I did? I could get some of those silent fans and put in. They look like 120mm fans.

I was thinking about going with the 700 watter, but I wanted to start out small, then maybe go bigger later on, but I'm glad now I didnt. I cant get over how bright this is for 400 watts. It's literally blinding. I put it on my Kill A Watt meter, and it only pulls 170 watts. I am so impressed!

emailed me?
LED is future right now :) and SmokeSara please sponsor me a 400w Mars II :)
I don't know about the warranty part, i just knew i had to replace the fans, because they were too loud for my setup. The fans i'm using is a brand called Akasa, and they are transparent/orange - have a look at my grow test, there is a link somewhere. Yup, both reflector and mars comes with 120mm fans. Well i think i should've spend that extra hundreds to get the 400w but what i'd really wanted to see is a grow test between the mars2 and the reflector. Have a chat with SmokeSara about the warranty.

you can email me, I will allow you to replace fans. just the normal computer fan is ok. I will tell our factory the fan problem. they want high round fan to solve heat problem, so sounds like it is loud. actually it is wind.:)

I'm actually getting used to it now, and its in another room so it really doesnt bother me. If I go into the other rooms in the house I cant hear it. I think I'm just going to leave it alone, but thank you, I love this light!

:thumb::bravo:

I hope you can bear with me, i didn't contact you before replacing the fans, if anything should happen? :) I just had to because of my location, and i actually tried to contact fans-cooling ( i think thats the company of orig. fans ) but didnt get any answer :/

it is ok if the light is working well, next time you can email me first, then I can know what's happen, then let factory know.:)
I hope you can bear with me, i didn't contact you before replacing the fans, if anything should happen? :) I just had to because of my location, and i actually tried to contact fans-cooling ( i think thats the company of orig. fans ) but didnt get any answer :/

it is ok if the light is working well, next time you can email me first, then I can know what's happen, then let factory know.:)

I will do, i promise. Yup panel is working fine, its been on for 24 hours the first month after replacement, and temp is fine, and still draws same watt, so i don't see any problems at all :) still very satisfied with this panel, next time i'm going for the mars 2 400w

:high-five: that's fine.
I will do, i promise. Yup panel is working fine, its been on for 24 hours the first month after replacement, and temp is fine, and still draws same watt, so i don't see any problems at all :) still very satisfied with this panel, next time i'm going for the mars 2 400w

I absolutely love my Mars IIs. I have (2) 1200 watters. Talk about bright!! Best bang for the buck. My girls bloom significantly faster in my LED room than my HPS room.
20140310_214638.jpg
20140310_214122.jpg

HiK5Kolodzi, thanks for your sharing with us. :goodjob::thumb:
I absolutely love my Mars IIs. I have (2) 1200 watters. Talk about bright!! Best bang for the buck. My girls bloom significantly faster in my LED room than my HPS room.
20140310_214638.jpg
20140310_214122.jpg

Wow those are gorgeous! I wish I had that kind of space. I'm really happy with my light so far. I still cant get over how bright these things are :trance: :trance: :trance:

thank you for your nice words nobodyuknow:):high-five:
Wow those are gorgeous! I wish I had that kind of space. I'm really happy with my light so far. I still cant get over how bright these things are :trance: :trance: :trance:

Hi,
I am a bit confused as the Mars line has a 400 but it actually uses 445 W and has 180 5W LEDs, so which one do you have? How many LEDs does it have and what wattage are they? From the power draw it seems like the MARS 200 which draws 198W and has 80 5W LEDs. Of course you could be using the 3W units which came out last year.

From your answer you don't actually know which one you own, seems strange to me but that's cool. I am going to guess that the whole thing was a sponsored fake article and that if any one was bought it was the model 200 the very smallest one Mars makes in 2014. It also would not cover the area mentioned according to the specs Mars has on that model. I have looked at them and they do look very good for the price.

Back
Top Bottom