What size

LochGee

Ok so 0.8x0.8x1.6m tent, what is an ideal wattage hps? I was thinking 400w but mabye thats not enough?? Max 3 plants, any input is appriciated! Thx

For an area that small have you considered an LED to avoid the heat issues altogether? My flower room is 1.5x1.5x2m and I was getting heat issues with my 400 watt HPS. Now with a 200 watt LED it's actually on the cool side sometimes.

i defently have thought about it pantagruel, im not that sure about the LED yet, i mean i know 100% that i can get awesome yeilds off a hps, if i had reassurance that led was gonna give me the same kind of yeilds i would go that

I use a 400w in a 90cm by 90cm by 180cm tent.

Temps sit around 27c most of the time but on hot summer days may peak in the early 30's... i run lights on during the night time as temps are cooler tho :thumb:

004929.JPG

Ok so 0.8x0.8x1.6m tent, what is an ideal wattage hps? I was thinking 400w but mabye thats not enough?? Max 3 plants, any input is appriciated! Thx

For a size tent like that I would suggest going LED, they are very energy efficient and don't require as extreme of heat management. for the most part.

We have a lot of good sponsors here at 420 Magazine, I personally have used 2 different ones and like them both. :)

Thats awesome fuzzy duck, pretty much same size tent as mine, how u ventilating it?

Passive intake at bottom of tent you can the mesh vent in the above pic...

Using a 5 inch, 125 mm RVK inline fan at top of tent pulling odor/warm air through carbon filter, venting via ducting out side of grow room. (venting ducting go's out side of spare bed room tho but in recent months has been incorperated into the chimney breast)

0021085.JPG
0031035.JPG

Those where only small/short growing strain, space can be an issue on medium plus sized strains with out training involved !

For an area that small have you considered an LED to avoid the heat issues altogether? My flower room is 1.5x1.5x2m and I was getting heat issues with my 400 watt HPS. Now with a 200 watt LED it's actually on the cool side sometimes.

I'm anticipating similar issues with my new LED grow as well.

Shuffledemon's Organic Soil Multistrain Indoor LED Grow Journal — 2014

Been dry running the light in the tent as I prepare seeds/pots and it's mighty cool. Too cool. May throw in a spiral 42 watt CFL or two. Should do the trick.

Back
Top Bottom