Which LED lights!

Hapo

...I am liking the Advanced LED lights that feature the 10 watt cree elements, but I don't see that model getting much love here...what am I missing....???...

...the Kind light looked interesting as well but the choices are numerous and they all claim to be the best...

...my big plan is to have two such lights in a 4x8 grow tent supporting 12 plants in "dirt"...

Re: Which LED lights !

Advanced's quality sure seems to have dropped recently -- I'm seeing all around the forums that people are displeased with the build quality lately. Platinumled (used to be advanced diamond series on amazon) has these guys:

P300 :: Platinum Grow Lights

two of those in a 4x8 tent would be killer.

...haven't run into that...thanks.....

...that is just the sort of thing I was watching for...

...everyone on these forums seems to like the Mars II lights...

I haven't personally used the mars ii light, but it looks like a cheap cheap chinese product (and look at the price). I have personally used those platinum lights and they are -- BRIGHT. 11 light bands vs. 6? on the Mars II it looks like. When I ordered mine I talked to platinum through their website and got a discount -- wouldn't hurt to ask.

Looks don't matter when it comes to your light. The reason you see so many mars II lights is because they're extremely affordable and have proven results. I have a 400 and have no complaints, and plan on buying another when I get the chance. Don't be fooled by fancy cases and 11 bands.

...I hafta kinda wonder a bit aboot jud420...

...only two posts, to tell me advanced suks and platinum roks...

...Samaritan or Spammer...???...

...I am lately intrigued by the COB lights coming out...

...right now I am thinking Argo Max intensity series lights...

I haven't personally used the mars ii light, but it looks like a cheap cheap chinese product (and look at the price). I have personally used those platinum lights and they are -- BRIGHT. 11 light bands vs. 6? on the Mars II it looks like. When I ordered mine I talked to platinum through their website and got a discount -- wouldn't hurt to ask.

Check out my journal when you get a chance. - First Grow - 400W Mars II LED - I'm currently using the Mars II 400w from TopLED. Loving it thus far. Just went into flowering a couple days ago so I can't comment on the yield yet.

There are a lot of info to be found here on L.E.D lights. The info about looking around here on peoples journals is the best advise I could give as well. Some of use her do them to help others to find out who is friend or foe. Good luck I wish you the best..

Feel free to check out my last few journals. I have used both Mars II and Intelligent Gro. I was happy with both.

...ya know...fuk LEDs...I am scoping plasma lights...

...specifically the Rocket plasma light...

...the spectrum and user replaceable lamp make it the current choice in it's price range. ..imho...

I into my first grow after a 30 year lapse and started with a couple of TOPLED reflectors based on some of the journals here. Pleased with the results. Then I purchased two Area51 lights shortly before switching to flower. Had to say WOW!! as I watched my 6 girls almost immediately turn toward the new lights. Put one more Area51 in and adding a MARS 1200 for the last month. I think the TOPLED product reflectors do a decent job at a reasonble price. The girls still seem to be attracted to the Area51s. I'm anxious to see what happends when I add the higher wattage MARS II. I'm very impressed with the modest electrical consumption and low heat from the lights in my grow area. I usually do things a bit backwards so next grow I'm thinking of trying HIDs. I can use the heat from the lights during the cooler months and I am curious about whether I gain anything and at what cost in electricity.

As for the LED lights, the plants are doing much better than I expected for a novice. Growing an approximately 4 x 8 SOG in rockwool. All are healthy, fairly tight, and approximately 5 feet tall.

....well, I ended up with a pair of 810 watt Intelligent Gro lights....

...it seemed like the most expoditious solution...

...I was hoping someone could just tell me what the " best" lights were...(grin)

I started with two of the 190s before switching to flower and added a 150 a few weeks ago. The plants seemed to respond almost immediately to the 190s, turning in the direction of those lights. The 150 is over an area previously under a TOPLED on the edge of my canopy. I think the TOP lights give you a good bang for the buck but this particular section seems to have improved under the area 51 150. I installed my MARS 1200 Monday night to dominate the center area of my grow and arrayed my other lights around it. The 1200 is intense. It is getting stronger light deeper into the plants but so far doesn't seem to be "turning the heads" of the nearby plants dominated by the 190s.

...I hafta kinda wonder a bit aboot jud420...

...only two posts, to tell me advanced suks and platinum roks...

...Samaritan or Spammer...???...

...I am lately intrigued by the COB lights coming out...

...right now I am thinking Argo Max intensity series lights...

nah man, just a long time lurker and decided to weigh in after my first grow with the platinum light. I was just posting from my own personal experience.

Back
Top Bottom