Jandre2k3's Intelligent-Gro Testing: Phase 2

Greetings!

This is the SECOND THREAD for the Intelligent-Gro brand of grow lights. I have reviewed the Generation 1 of a really nice light fixture with three groups of lights meant to grow a 2x4 area. For that, go here:
Jandre2k3’s Intelligent-Gro Testing: Phase 1

This will not be the same 3-set panel. I was asked if I could try out 3 of the Gen2 135w singles.
Intelligent-Gro Intensity Series II 135w LED Grow Lights
135W_front_angled_lit_425-400x400.png
135W_facing_right_500-400x400.png
135W_back_angled_500-400x400.png

These will be used inside the same 2x4 grow box as last grow, and they will all be connected together with the daisy chain connections, 18in Daisy Chain Cable - Intelligent Gro LLC

and the iGro controller.
Intelligent-Gro Intensity Series Controller/Remote Control Set - Intelligent Gro LLC

3 Independently programmable LED color channels:

• Give yourself complete control over spectrum output, intensity and energy usage.
  • 3 independent and customizable LED channels allow you the flexibility to create the right blend of spectrum and intensity for all phases of growth and all plant types.
  • By using the Intelligent Gro Custom Controller, Each LED color channel can be independently adjusted for every hour of the day of a 24 hour cycle. Save energy by reducing intensities for young plants, change the growth traits of a plant by increasing the blue or red to minimize or increase internode lengths, create a color shift similar to the sun. Imagine the possibilities!
  • Save additional energy over other leading brands. Why settle for a LED grow light that offers only 2 settings (on/off)? Dimmable LED grow light intensities allow you to conserve energy over your growth cycle by minimizing light when it is not needed. This allows for additional energy savings over other fixed LED grow light solutions.

Intelligent controller

• Custom controller and IR remote allow for quick and effortless programming of your custom lighting schedules and intensities, inside or outside of your growing environment.
  • By using the Intelligent Gro Custom Controller, Each LED color channel can be independently adjusted for every hour of the day of a 24 hour cycle. Save energy by reducing intensities for young plants, change the growth traits of a plant by increasing the blue or red to minimize or increase internode lengths, create a color shift similar to the sun. Imagine the possibilities!
  • Pre programmed light modes to replicate Sunrise/Sunset, Moon Lighting, Cloudy Days, as well as custom programming modes for full 24 hour automation.
Daisy Chain Feature

• One controller can support 10 lamps.
  • Minimize the amount of cords needed and clean up your grow area.
  • Reduce the amount of wall outlets/power strips needed to power multiple lights.
  • Synchronous control
  • Saving cost for controller

Many growers have inquired about the best spectrum for rooting clones and maintaining mother plants. This program was developed to encourage vigorous rooting of clones and increased vegetative growth in mothers. The long day heavy in blue light will keep short-day plants in a vegetative state while conserving energy.​
Our 18 hour light cycle for vegetative growth of long-day and day-neutral plants. Using this program the user should see normal growth while consuming less power.​
Our 12 hour light cycle for flowering plants.​
Using this program will encourage abundant blooming in short-day plants. Harvests grown under this program have​
exceeded growers' expectations in both quality and yield.
This is to be used with our LED Intensity series panels. DESIGNED for daisy chaining panels together.

• [*=center]Set includes one controller and one remote control to the controller.
12hr-Bloom-program-graph-2.png
18hr-Veg-program-graph-2.png
21hr-Clone-program-graph-2.png

[h=1]PAR, PPFD and Umol Test Results on Intelligent Gro 2[/h]
[h=4]Intelligent Grow Par Measurements and Spectroradiometer Spectrum Charts:[/h] Intelligent Gro's Generation 2 LED grow lights have arrived!!! You want a cutting edge LED light that delivers real world results, and not a bunch of sales hype or inflated specifications and measurements, make the intelligent choice.
Intelligent Gro 2 LED grow lights feature modified spectrum, including UV-A, more photosynthetic peak coverage in the 400nm-490nm range, and increased PAR values and intensity. Intelligent Gro delivers more PAR than HPS, MH or even most leading LED grow light brands. Make the intelligent choice for your plants with raw data and real world proof, that Intelligent LED is the way to grow.
[h=4]Intelligent Gro 2 PAR and LUX Measurement Data Table
Intelligent-Gro-2-Par-reading-umol-lux2.jpg
[/h]

[h=1]PAR, PPFD and Umol Test Results on Intelligent Gro 2[/h]
[h=4]Intelligent Grow Par Measurements and Spectroradiometer Spectrum Charts:[/h] [h=4]Intelligent Gro 2 PAR and LUX Measurement Data Table
Intelligent-Gro-2-Par-reading-umol-lux2.jpg
[/h]
Subbed and I already have a question.
Are the model#'s based on actual power draw or theoretical LED max?

the number on the chart make to 135's seem much more efficient then the 1350's, IF that is the actual draw.

Subscribed. I am happy to read that you are sponsored again!
:cheesygrinsmiley: :thanks: :welcome:

Nice to see they gave you new lights...I'm in...
:welcome:
Yeah I was surprised not once, but TWICE! He said that I did so well with the last one, not only did he send these GenII 135w lights for a second go'round, but David also decided to upgrade the GenI 342w light to a GenII 405w fixture as well! So I earned the GenII 405w by showing what the GenI 342w could do! Hehe, pretty nice surprise, indeed.

Subbed and I already have a question.
Are the model#'s based on actual power draw or theoretical LED max?

the number on the chart make to 135w's seem much more efficient then the 1350w's, IF that is the actual draw.
:welcome:

VERY good question, plus rep! It is the power output of the fixture's LEDs. Your assessment of the efficiency of the fixtures as compared, one to another, speaks volumes to your attention to detail. By the numbers in the chart the 135w runs at a 19% loss, whereas it seems that the 1350w runs with 79% loss to waste... While the calculations are correct, in actuality this thinking fundamentally flawed. If all that power was going to one single group(rosette), over the same coverage area, then that assessment would be more accurate.

Understand, though that the 135w has a 2'x2' max coverage, whereas the 1350w has a 5'x7' coverage area. That 1694 uMOL is spread out over a much larger area than the much smaller area covered by the 703 uMOL. While the measurements were taken from the center of the "beam", the "HOT SPOT" of the 1350w is twice as wide, and five times as long as that of the 135w. Considering that, if it can be calculated, the loss to waste falls off dramatically to less than 10% loss.

Does that help?

HEMPHOG! :welcome:

Back
Top Bottom