LED - just a little teaser

Governmentchz

Hey all. I wanted to drop this in here first as I simply couldn't wait to tell someone...or I might explode.

I've a few things in the works right now. Primarily expanding my growing area in my room and transitioning to Doc Bud's High Brix kit.

Anyway, I will start a proper journal in a few days, but had to lay this out there. :smokin::slide:

The box and it's contents
boxed1.JPG

I love the screw connector. This should be standard IMO, but the cord is still 6'. A longer cord would be really nice as in my particular cabinet I have the cord feed at the top hole and then run it down the back of the cabinet. It reached my timer plug...with about 2"-3" to spare, but if I had to run it to the outlet, I'd have to McGyver. This isn't something intrinsic with this manufacturer as it's standard, but we are growers and most all grow lights are up high.
switches_connection.JPG
back5.JPG

Here are the three spectrums, veg, flower and full respectively.
fa_veg_spectrum.JPG
flower_spectrum.JPG
full_spectrum2.JPG

The light didn't align perpendicularly in the cabinet because the eyebolts I have installed are for the Mars II hanger configuration. I will correct that issue and re-secure the light this eve.

LOL, you know in our conversation I mentioned my bud Curso. Dude has his grow dialed in and would no doubt be a great grower to test out ANY gear. Just don't fook with his medium. seriously.

I did some room maintenance this afternoon, and fixed the light alignment problem. As I get my shit together and tidy the room up a bit more, I'll get on this horse and start a journal.

:peace::cool:

LOL, you know in our conversation I mentioned my bud Curso. Dude has his grow dialed in and would no doubt be a great grower to test out ANY gear. Just don't fook with his medium. seriously.

I did some room maintenance this afternoon, and fixed the light alignment problem. As I get my shit together and tidy the room up a bit more, I'll get on this horse and start a journal.

:peace::cool:
I love that closet too! Looks neat and tidy Gov! Youre gonna make me spend more $. How do you like it?

short update: I had a few other stops today and made it home a bit early with hardware in hand and fixed the offset thing in <15 mins. I was also sitting here and decided to go get my kill-a-watt and checked the actual draw figures. Veg only was drawing 99w, and full spectrum was drawing 178w. Their site lists actual draw as 93w veg/185w bloom, so they are quite close to stated specs. PASS

peace

how tight is the maximum light coverage area ?
In your opinion how's the brightness compare to the Mars II ?

how tight is the maximum light coverage area ?
In your opinion how's the brightness compare to the Mars II ?

Hey zombiewoof. I can't say what the maximum coverage area really is. I suppose I could move it over and check the footprint on the floor, but it's practically designed for the size of my cabinet, and even though it's not up to the stops so to speak, it fills the area really well with light. I'll update my observations as I move forward.

The thing I'm personally most excited and quite interested in regarding this light is to see how well it can grow. The fact they draw over 100w less than my mars II on full bloom setting will be icing on the cake, and I will save even more electricity (and likewise generate even less heat) by utilizing the 99w veg setting. I'm kind of excited and harbor a slight skepticism that 99w can veg as well as my 300w did before.

Woo-Hoo, Gov!! :high-five: I'm excited to see what these lights will do! They sound incredible and I'm looking forward to another journal from you, Gov. Congratulations!! So you boys go make your history and maybe we'll get to see what a girl grower can do with them too! :cheer::green_heart:

Hey thanks MM. I'm excited to see what they will do too. :cool:

Hey zombiewoof. I can't say what the maximum coverage area really is. I suppose I could move it over and check the footprint on the floor, but it's practically designed for the size of my cabinet, and even though it's not up to the stops so to speak, it fills the area really well with light. I'll update my observations as I move forward.

The thing I'm personally most excited and quite interested in regarding this light is to see how well it can grow. The fact they draw over 100w less than my mars II on full bloom setting will be icing on the cake, and I will save even more electricity (and likewise generate even less heat) by utilizing the 99w veg setting. I'm kind of excited and harbor a slight skepticism that 99w can veg as well as my 300w did before.
Cool ! I find that an interesting point to watch as well

I have an interesting update. Last night I stood in the room in the dark, and as my eyes adjusted I noticed there was a feint glow So feint, unless you stayed in the room for 20-30 seconds and let you eyes adjust, you may not notice it, but once I did notice it, it became apparent this would not be o.k. for any photoperiod-sensitive plants. So I started my search and even employed a different, analog timer just in case it was the digital one I got at homer's that was the problem. Anyway, I changed timers, power strips, configurations

Anyway, to make a long story short, the culprit is my older electrical wiring in my house. It turns out I need to replace the socket as it has a grounding issue. I find that odd as I changed out all the sockets less than 2 years ago when I initially commandeered this space, but changing to a different socket in the room fixed the problem. I will get to the faulty socket and retry at some point, but at least it won't be an obstacle.

:peace:

is there science showing that 3k umols is beneficial? the sun at noon, depending on your location, is about 2k and (my science sucks) but isnt there a rubisco fatigue if that level is sustained? This smells a little like the "advancement" involving mimicking dawn and dusk with dimmer and spectrum settings.

I wont quarrel with the efficiency aspect. AND the warranty is key....i am most interested in some wet lab action.

ludweed will be watching closely.

is there science showing that 3k umols is beneficial? the sun at noon, depending on your location, is about 2k and (my science sucks) but isnt there a rubisco fatigue if that level is sustained? This smells a little like the the "advancement" involving mimicking dawn and dusk with dimmer and spectrum settings.

I wont quarrel with the efficiency aspect. AND the warranty is key....i am most interested in some wet lab action.

ludweed will be watching closely.

3k was at 6in...definitely too close to hang. Just spent half an hour comparing par readings, and according to the results these lights should definately hold their own...

Back
Top Bottom