Budmaster II Rocks the New MARL Osram Panels - a DIY LED Adventure

Hey Folks

I have been fortunate to have been able to grow under a wide range of panels. I am not technical or a sales type. I don't have meters and don't plan on buying them. My part is growing. I have 4 different types of LED panels and HPS in my bloom room. When I am serious about a plant or my favorite strain is up for bloom I will put under the Budmaster II, no hype or any bullshit this panel is my best panel. I have now replaced all the original Budmaster II clusters with the new 'MARL www.leds.co.uk' boards. Tonight I will be moving one or two plants directly under it to see their response. It will take me one or maybe a few generations to really tell how this panel will do so stay tuned to watch.

20140911_210003_clusterremove.jpg
20140911_221700_leds.jpg
20140911_221628_budmaster.jpg

Re: Budmaster II rocks the new MARL Osram panels... and a DIY LED adventure

Oh the DIY part ... I am seeking parts, stay tuned for a single fan cooled new "thing"

Oh the DIY part ... I am seeking parts, stay tuned for a single fan cooled new "thing"

OK so I was tired from all the work the night before, fell asleep, woke up too late to work. So tomorrow I will do the moving and get some pics.

I went to look for supplies and it started me thinking. Years ago we had big issues with high end systems failing. The problem was the hard drives were overheating. A case was designed with hard drive airflow in mind, the same fans were used and voila the hard drives cooled into a nice range. I want to use 1 duct fan to cool 9 clusters :hmmmm: my first thought was PVC, slap the clusters on put a fan on the end, done...nope. I have another case in mind now, still looking for the right "stuff"

OK

As I said special plants go under the Budmaster, this run is no exception I have put a B.I.D. blue cheese and an S Girl. So far they seem yo be loving it...

20140913_205011_plants.jpg

20140913_205051_newplants.jpg

:peace: Folks

They definitely look like they are loving them new GOD lights bud.
Im interested to see what you have in mind for the DIY LED;s mate, i have a few Budmaster clusters made up very basically that i use for my veg room, they work treat , even though they look a little unprofessional they are safe and they do a great job

I am subbed up for this one bud:goodluck:

OK

So I went down to see if the new panel was causing too much heat... I do this by opening the wall an feeling the heat coming out. Pretty scientific right :cheesygrinsmiley: I was surprised when it was "pretty cool" "cooler than normal" this is because our temps are dropping like a stone here but I wanted to verify what I was feeling so in a much more scientific manner I placed my hand on top of the panel... cool? barely warm? I gotta check again tonight. meanwhile....

This is the panel I have now

for those who want more this is a snip --

:peace:

They definitely look like they are loving them new GOD lights bud.
Im interested to see what you have in mind for the DIY LED;s mate, i have a few Budmaster clusters made up very basically that i use for my veg room, they work treat , even though they look a little unprofessional they are safe and they do a great job

I am subbed up for this one bud:goodluck:

Glad to have you... professional :cheesygrinsmiley: yeah that is not me... but safe yes I want to be that! I also want the clusters to last as long as possible and that will require proper cooling. my plan now is a 6" square plastic "case" capped on one end with "ducts" at each cluster for cooler outside air to be pulled right across the heat sinks... Gotta find the "stuff"

Hello there Buck, I'll tag on along for the ride if you don't mind :)

I don't mind at all, please do!...thanks for stopping!

One question Buck, with your DIY build are you going to spread your clusters out more than they were originally. I'm sure you could increase the footprint & retain intensity by spacing them out more :)

One question Buck, with your DIY build are you going to spread your clusters out more than they were originally. I'm sure you could increase the footprint & retain intensity by spacing them out more :)

I am going to spread them for side lighting...

I've got an Osram obsession, I just couldn't help myself :)

Nothing wrong with that! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Those tiny little chips of perfection drive me frikin crazy man :)

from what I see they are driving the ladies crazy too :cheesygrinsmiley: it is a slow process to play out though. I had the S Girl under the Budmaster II and the blue cheese was under the original Budmaster already. They had both just started to turn so even though it is slow it won't be that long before we have something to look at :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom