Do growers in Europe use LED?

Rosco917

In my eternal quest to keep on learning, I attended a seminar at a new local Grow Super store. This Super store is by far the largest store in my area, 9000 sq. ft. with 15 foot high ceilings. Full of goodies! About 25 growers showed.

The owner was a nice guy, his help was very knowledgeable. He actually hired workers from Amsterdam to work in his new store. He traveled to Amsterdam, Spain, and most of Europe checking out just where the growers in Europe were heading.

He stated nobody, or very few growers in Europe are using LED.

He is a proponent of what he considers the future.
PLASMA.

He said LED is weak at the finish line.

Many of you guys have experience with LED, are you happy with your finished product, weight and quality?
(I'm not trying to open the can of worms of LED vs. "what ever"... either)

Just have a look at

Scrogging The Big Girls
KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Lumenator 2x Black Widow Grow Journal & Review
DarkGreenGoo's - HSO Blue Dream - Indoor - LED - Coco Hempy SCROG!

DarkGreenGoo's - HSO Blue Dream - Indoor - LED - Coco Hempy SCROG!
PakaloloHawaii's LED High Brix Garden
BT's Organic - High Brix Update Thread
and that one that sold me on a P450 and will get at least one more.
HSO Lost Coast Hashplant - One Plant 2 Lights One Love
and I am from eu.

Just don't get to cheap on LED and read some journals how to grow with LED.
For me Platinum has that sweet spot, of high PAR with low Watt at a fair price.

Thanks for responding DG

I also have the Platinum LED P450, I haven't flowered using it yet, it's in my second veg. room. So far the P450 seems to be doing a nice job. My ladies are very happy and will be heading to my veg./flower tent, where I do my finishing. In that tent i'm using
Indagrow Induction lighting with nice success.
I was just wanted to see if growers were happy with there end result using LED.
thanks for all the info.

If you have a P450 these are the best journals.

What I learned is to have an even canopy, give only 3/4 strength of nutrients and add some Cal-Mag.
Cant say how they finish myself as this is my first with P450 on day 5 flower.

HSO Bluedream vegt for 7 weeks 4 under Platinum.

IMG_20141212_190110.jpg

DSCI00211.JPG

IMG_20141211_213109.jpg

Curso is rocking P450 PLED lights on here. I now have two and they are kicking my Betty Boo dwarf auto seed run big time. My yield is stellar and the buds are far tastier under LED than they were under HPS, which I feel pushed my plants hard. LED is somehow delicate and yet powerfully penetrating at the same time. I am a med patient with chronic pain, and the flowers have stayed top shelf with LED, with better taste what can I say?
LED lighting is only getting better. I can't wait to see what comes out next, like A51's 10 watt Cree unit. I am looking for spectrum distribution, not just white though.
I also run half ferts under LED vs. where I was under HPS.

Oh and it freaks me out to take photos and post but maybe someday I will grow a pair and do so, lol.

Back
Top Bottom