Add LED for bloom

Hello,

Did some searching but can't find an answer to a question I have. Maybe some of you nice folk will help.

Check out my signature for my grow, I'm wondering if I should add a Small to medium sized LED in my tent. I have a 400mh/hps running the mh now while i veg two photos and two autos in a 4x4 tent.

I'm thinking I can add some light spectrum with the LED -- I'd leave the LED hovering over the autos to start, those should be done in 40 days. When the autos are done I would adjust the LED so the photos flower with both LED and the hps?

Is it worth it?

Will it make a noticeable difference?

I'm thinking in the summer I'm going to run a combo of LEDs and my HID to compensate for outside heat. Unless I A/C the building, but that's for another discussion.

Any way, think the LED addition is worth it?

Or maybe drop down a 250 or 150 cfl?

Here is the basic set up

Group156.jpg

84 views and nobody has two cents for me?

Maybe I'm over thinking it, here are my ladies this am...
20141208_230452.jpg

I would definitely recommend additional LED :high-five:

The extra wavelengths of light will benefit all your plants and help your autos bloom.

Thank you! I'm thinking when I switch to flowering and put in the hps bulb that I'm going to have to raise the light more to accommodate for the heat. And I'm a little concerned about a LED getting too hot, lots of thinking to do. Thanks for the help!

How did this go. I'm thinking the same but on small scale. I have 2 photos and 2 autos with 250w in 80x80x160. I have a ufo 135 and think of the exact thing. Please shed light dude
WP_20150104_001.jpg
WP_20150104_001.jpg
WP_20150104_001.jpg

I ended up going with a cfl light bar. Much cheaper, not nearly as effective. But it works. Nice grow man, good luck. :welcome:

Thanks mate. I might mix in a 65k With those 27s, but with the HID already I figure the CFLs can't hurt. Have a good day.:volcano-smiley:

It's that a 4x4 and are you growing them vertical?

LED's would be nice fill lights for people with HID's as they can be hung & mounted in awkward positions without any of the heat issues HID bulbs have.

For instance if you *or* the plants touch the panels protective glass you will not be burned scarred or marred , with about a 40% savings in energy consumption.

My Conclusion
The LED panels would be a effective and productive fill light for HID grows if reduced bulb heat was wanted for those tight spaces , the watt savings is a bonus.

I have been looking in to something along those lines.. I do not want to upset anyone from posting a link so Google Hybrid = LED + HPS Grow Light Case Study .
I run a 5 x 5 tent with an 8' ceiling. Usually I run a 1000 watt HPS in flower,but them temps warm during the summer . This study shows that this setup works.s pretty well with a combination of LED and HPS..

I use the led with my hps,And im a caveman,have been using hid since streetlights

my testing on this run is NOT complete,but there is a difference in the trichome production,on the frontside of my plant,where it gets most of just led,buds are smaller,but look more potent
100$ shipped to the door,100x3 topled

DSC074813.JPG

So, Mr caveman, it's a little more for a 600hps, which I could get also. I'm my shoes, considering I need heat relief down the road,, which is a good decision? Thanks, I used to be have to be home when the street lights came on.... The good ole days :)

I can't answer that,600 is my game and I won't ever leave them

I have to shut down from July- oct due to heat and the not wanting to
Run my minisplit I do not have enough led experience to give that answer,but it would have to be a hell of a light for me to replace my hps
I'm a person who needs the heat for 8 months a year

I bought into the led bs 5 years ago,I paid way way to much for the little performance
I was nervous even spending 100 on it,I am pleases with it so far.this spring I will give them a fair shake
I'm looking at platinum to replace my 8x600 at least for sumer running at just half the room,3 panels is all I will try
And it will always be just summer,space heaters run750/1500wt heck with that give me hid Instead

I use the led with my hps,And im a caveman,have been using hid since streetlights

my testing on this run is NOT complete,but there is a difference in the trichome production,on the frontside of my plant,where it gets most of just led,buds are smaller,but look more potent

DSC074813.JPG

Could you tell me how many Watts of LED you have added, and how big your grow area is ? Thank you so much ..

Thanks C526. Good info, good discussion, thanks. I think we must live in an area that has similar climates. I was thinking I'm either taking those months you mentioned "off", or I'll try alternatives like LED. I like the bud density of what I'm growing using the HID, from what I see now - have not chopped yet. Compared to what I've dune without HID

for me and led it is all about cost,I wont buy a 2g panel,not when for the same or less money can get 4x600 rigs(hoods ballast fans)
I only veg in the summer months,they dont mind the high humidity,but I stopped flowering a few years ago my ac/dehumidifer is not worth the cost,to me.

Could you tell me how many Watts of LED you have added, and how big your grow area is ? Thank you so much ..

that room in the picture is 5x8 but I shorten it to 5x5 with a curtain(panda plastic) until I ordered the little led,it runs@ 1.56 amp and 178wt
my under construction room(in my sig)is 10x20 and will run 8x600 in the winter and a 6x8 led section in the summer.

Back
Top Bottom