First time of growing weed

eridon

Hi there guys i hope you are having a good time,I want to plant one or two plants but i dont know too much..I need some lights that are economic..How much can i spend with two plants lights in a month? :thanks:

Depends what your electric costs per kwh

Find out your kwh $ rate then the wattage from the light you will be using , if you want to use a HID then it would be either 400w , 600w or a 1000w for example ( add 50w for the ballasts waste energy and 75w for the fans power consumption)

Times that by 18 hrs a day and x that by 30 days for the grow cycle costs , flower is 12hrs a day about 2 months in each stage , 18 hr veg & 12hr flower.

A kwh is 1000w on for 1 hour.

You can learn to do the math for the equation by doing a simple google search.

Off hand I will guess that a 400w with fan will cost you $35 a month in electric usage (might be $45), you will need to do the math if you want accuracy. A 400w hps can be had for about $120 - $150 and would work great for a couple plants.

or look into a LED panel (or 2 ) they are about 40% more efficient per watt or output about 40% more useful PAR light per watt.

PAR light is the light spectrum plants use.

Here in my country for the moment is 2.2 for kwh and will be around 12 per kwh next month :/ I need some lights more economic..Cant they grow with 50w light?

Look into LED panels , as the models called 300w actually draw 180w.

For my 180w LED panel I am using for the 18hr grow cycle it costs me $10 a month at 10.2 cents a KWH with my fans on.

I am using a super high efficiency 27w 12v 6 inch Fan with a 250 cfm rating and a 10w fan inside for air movement as I am VERY energy conscious.

During flower I will use 3 of the High output 12v fans one for input and the inside air movement and 2 with separate ducts for ventilation / output with my 2x4 x 6ft tall cabinet.

Plus 2 more of the 180w panels but you could stick with 1 panel and 2 fans. With your 12 cent kwh rate that will put you at about $12 per month in VEG at 18hrs.

Even with 3 180w draw LED panels and fans I will be using it will cost me only $30 a month for the 2 months of flower time.

In short for under $100 in light energy I will grow somewhere between 8 and 16 ounces of bud , works out to $6 to $12 a ounce for lighting and fans costs.

Check out the MARS HYDRO LED lights called the old style , its what I am using , they are a affordable model that is still a half decent light.

1 of the LED panels with good advice from this website and you could grow about 4 ounces of weed for about $50 in the combined light energy costs. Not so Bad is it ? that's about $12 a OZ in electrical consumption.

I hope you find those numbers acceptable if not , you best grow outside during the summer and go without weed until that time.
If you buy 1 OZ of weed you just blew 2 complete harvests energy costs and about a 1/2 pound in weed you could of grown.

That's all the info I have for you regarding the light costs

Hey man im little confuse about these lights fan,if u can tell me with links on ebay or smth like that.panels i can find but im not understanding you about ''high efficiency 27w 12v 6 inch Fan with a 250 cfm rating and a 10w fan inside for air movement as I am VERY energy conscious.''

What about some 23w or 26w cfl's in 6500k or do a mix like 3@6500k and 3@2700k? they are cheap and come in packs. Or a couple 42w cfl's that i believe are the equivalent of a 150w regular light bulb but you will only be using 42w and getting 150w so you save money. Check out some cfl grow journals and check out their setups.

I picked up a 4" 13w 70cfm exhaust fan at H depot and a 13w small fan at w-mart it doesn't circulate though but you can find low wattage fans that do.

Edit: if you are doing cfl's, you need to go bigger for all else.

The fan I can help you with , I happened upon a EXCELLENT deal on high efficiency 12v fans and for CHEAP CHEAP.

So cheap I bought 5 of them .. they are the High Quality type with ball bearings not the common cheap sleeve bearings , with these ball bearing fans you get 50,000 hours of average life , sleeve bearings you get 30,000 hrs.

27w 250 cfm free air rating 0.5 inch h2o rating is 150 cfm ( 0.5 inch h2o is its max rated suction power , which moves 150cfm)
CFM means cubic feet per minute , a 10ft x 10ft room has1000 cubic feet in it a 250cfm fan would change the air in 4 minutes if it was not under load , blowing threw ducts and filters etc. usually a fans cfm rating is double its true under load air movement.

Here is the link to the eBay listing where I bought the fans. The seller has about 100 of them ..
EDIT: I cannot posts links ( site rules) so I will give you the search terms , with that you can go to eBay , there is only 1 seller with these. Copy and Paste this search term , DC G1751H-7 HIGH PERFORMANCE - HIGH EFFICIENCY FAN

These fans consume about 40% less watts then a standard fan with the same cfm rating.

Then you will need a cheap high amp /watt DC to DC voltage controller. With that you will have fan speed control for just $6 , allowing you to tune the fan for noise and flow. I am using 1 for both exhaust fans so the speed is synchronized and a separate one for the intake so i can tune its speed , My 2 exhaust fans will be drawing air threw a large homemade Carbon filter system built into the top 1 foot of my grow cabinet once I hit the flower cycle.

Do another eBay search using these terms for the Fan speed controller { New 300W 12A DC-DC Buck Step-Down 7-32V To 0.8-28V Converter Voltage Regulator }

This is a high amp high watt controller , overkill for the fan as such it will not overheat and should NEVER fail.

PWM fan controls shorten a DC fans life but these dc to dc Buck converters as they are called have NO effect on the fans life , they are the absolute best for dc fan control , and only $6 ...

Mars Hydro is a LED lighting sponsor here on the 420 site

Back
Top Bottom