Led 450w

Status
Not open for further replies.

thehitman

I got a new P450 LED light and added it to my flower room along with the 600W HPS. I am learning to work with it by trial and error. I have had some problems with it bleaching the tops of the plant directly under it.
I have learned to keep it at least 18" above the plants and it is running on the bloom setting.

I have never had a problem with the HPS and it runs fine about 12" above the plants, never had any issues with it bleaching or burning the plants.

My guess is that the LED is putting out lots more lumens and that is why it must be rather above the plants.

Anyone else have this bleaching problem with LED's?

I have not had bleaching problems but I have found that plants who were under HID lighting need a few days to adjust to LED intensity. I had a P300 down to about 12 inches above the plants and the leaves started curling down into itself, as though the plant was trying to retract from the intense light. I moved the light up to about 30 inches and the plants came back.
After a few days I was able to drop the lights to 15-18 inches just fine. For good spread and light penetration I have found 18 inches seems to be about right.
The P450 is even more intense and does cause bleaching if too close.

Start them high 24" + then work them down to where the plant can handle it. I know a lot of people keeping them at 24" and having great success. I have had them as close as 11" yeah it bleached a bit with no other damage. It's pretty intense light, so if you have a plant with young leaf or a plant with paper thin leaf, keep it further away. But just as a rule of thumb start high and work it down.

I think the sweet spot with the p450 is 15-18", personally.

I think the sweet spot with the p450 is 15-18", personally.

I watched your grow, Curso, and followed your 15-18" advice with the P450. It certainly did the job. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I watched your grow, Curso, and followed your 15-18" advice with the P450. It certainly did the job. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Just remember that's in later flower, higher is much better when plants are young I've fried a few things finding out so you guys dont have to.

Thanks for watching btw!!! I have a new one running...No really big plants this time, I am bored with them, pheno hunting and breeding, adventures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom