2 x 600watt hps

alexstuart

Hi Guys. I have been growing in a 4x4 tent 120x120 x200. I have always only had enough weed to last me about 2 months ie 6 to 10 ounces . I have purchased 2 x 5" cool shades at some considerable cost along with fan ducting ect. for all the experienced guys who know, what will be the difference in the end result (quantity) ? or am I just wasting money and electric ? the plants already seem to be loving the extra light as they are all perking up and taking in all this extra energy :) , I have 8 in there now with 6 different strains . thanks any advise would be great. Alex. :thanks:

Every ones conditions are different. Strains are different. Setups are different. No one can predict your yield and you did not even give us your previous setup (compared to what you have now).

However, if done right, you should have no issue yielding a minimum of about 22 ounces and with a high yielding strain done properly you could potentially see upwards of 1000+ grams. What light were you utilizing before?

Hi thanks for reply. Previous set up was the same but only 1 600watt hps . All I have done different is added a extra 600 but added 2 coolshades to keep heat down.

I dont want someone to guess the final yeild but I do want to know will there be a significant difference using 2x600watt rather than 1 . Thanks.

It does seem like overkill when one 600 would be enough. I think the plants will be happy, assuming the heat control is there. Maybe quality will go up a bunch. I can't really see it ever being an improvement yield wise over running the two lights in a larger space. I'm curious to see what happens if you do go through with it though.... I run two 600s in about double the space.

Do you have the means to exhaust all that extra hot air out especially with summer coming, how much yield are you wanting to get??, all depends on how long you veg them for, are you using soil/coco/hydro????

you can get the same yield from 1 plant that you can with 8 with only 1 600w using DWC and scrogging her

hi smokeyjoejoe yes I have a 5" extractor with two coolshades and it is a lot cooler than what it was with one 600watt in a normal shade. it warms my house up in the night which saves me putting heating on lol as I have it blowing through house,there is no smell as it is only blowing through coolshades.

yer I rather do more plants as I cant be doing with waiting all that time cropping and vegging for longer. I was getting between 7 and 12 ounces with one 600watt usually with about 5 or 6 plants. I am hoping to double that with the extra 600 watt added. just wondering if anyone has the same setup as me and how much they yield.
thankyou for replies guys as any advise/help is always welcomed.

yes that is what I have done. the temp is great and everything is fine. I just need to know if I am wasting electric or is it going to vastly improve overall yield.

It does seem like overkill when one 600 would be enough. I think the plants will be happy, assuming the heat control is there. Maybe quality will go up a bunch. I can't really see it ever being an improvement yield wise over running the two lights in a larger space. I'm curious to see what happens if you do go through with it though.... I run two 600s in about double the space.
me
Hey weaselcracker, not trying to hijack this thread, but you commented on mine the other day k im just curious under your 2x 600 watt whats your square footage and how many plants do you run in a cycle whats your yield average? Very interested to hear back from you if possible comment back on my thread and come help me work through my problems as they arrive! Any help is greatly appreciated!

heres a link to my thread Looking For Advice DIY 10x10 Grow Room Setup`Hydroponics

Back
Top Bottom