LED Help/Advice on Mars II 400 or 700 for Growlab80

Helpplease

Hi,

Which one is the best bet the Mars 400 or the 700 for a GL80 tent(2.7 x 2.7 x 5.11 feet,inches)? I want the most light possible, but not if it hurts the plants or becomes a heat problem inlines cant fix.

Thanks
Pete

:welcome: help please.

you'd better order mars II 700w, but please install fans to let the air in and out. this way can keep your grow condition great. Thank you ,
Sara
Hi,

Which one is the best bet the Mars 400 or the 700 for a GL80 tent(2.7 x 2.7 x 5.11 feet,inches)? I want the most light possible, but not if it hurts the plants or becomes a heat problem inlines cant fix.

Thanks
Pete

Hi Sarah, Thanks for the quick reply. Does the 700 run cooler than a HPS? Or would I end up battling similar heat issues?

Anyone with any experience with the 400 vs 700?

Hello Helpplease,
LED lights are much cooler than HPS, the fixture temperature is cool to touch and will give out less heat than HPS, regular intake and fan to ensure the air flow will be OK, you will save a lot in electric too. :thumb: Thank you,
Sara

small baby, no less than 24inches, when they grow a bit bigger, 18inches. flowering stage, you can put 12~18inches, depends on your need.
I ended up with the Mars II 700.

Can someone let me know how far the light needs to be in veg and also in flower? Led is new to me.

I am really loving the customer support from Mars Hydro :). To all of you out there Mars has been one of the best and most responsive companies for questions and fast shipping.

Thank you Helpplease, your always welcome. :cheesygrinsmiley:
I am really loving the customer support from Mars Hydro :). To all of you out there Mars has been one of the best and most responsive companies for questions and fast shipping.

I plan to add supplemental lighting as well if anyone cares to weigh in. I am looking for yields that are similar to somewhere between a 400w Hps and a 600w Hps.

I'm moving away from Hps so either fluorescent or more led. I have peeked at kessil 150's, old Mars ufo, or hgt fluorescent tubes. What do experienced people think?

I should add the tent I got was a sun hut blackout 3x3x6.

Im glad you chose the mars 700, I have a tent about the same size as yours and had a mars 700 and it would say I had the perfect amount of light. Now I am a noob and it was my first real grow but from 3 plants I got just under 4 ounces.

As for your second question if you are looking for supplemental lightning I have read a few forums that say the best chose would be a low watt HPS but if your determined to go away from them im sure some CFLS would round out the lighting in your tent.

Good luck on your grow and im sure youll love the results with the mars 2 700 :Namaste:

Thanks for the kind words and motivation. What would you compare the 700 to as far as hps?
I see this run you're going to use a 700 and 900 for flower. I have also wondered if I made a mistake and should have just ordered a 900 or even gone with 2x 400's..

Sara, do you take returns/upgrades if the product is unused and in box and the buyer pays return shipping and intends on ordering another more expensive light or two? Do you have any U.S. Hubs to make it cheaper for me to ship to? I'm thinking that I should have got the 900 or 2 x 400's for my 3x3 for the best coverage. I didn't realize the 700 is only 300 true watts. I need at least 400 minimum. Either way its my mistake and Sara has been awesome!!! My experience with Mars Hydro has been Grade A+++

For a 3x3 the 700 will rock it.. It will cover that footprint really well.. I had 2x 700's in a 3x5ft and it was tight and pretty warm.. If I had a 3x3 a 700 would rock it for sure..

But then you cant go wrong with more light, as long as you can handle the heat and air flow.. The one thing I was constantly challenged with was height.. I have one strain Plat Bubba that just explodes!! and I upgraded to a GG 4x4 tent with the 1ft extension.. So the tent is 8ft tall.. This has solved all of my problems as far as heat dissipation and air flow and 2x 700's in the 4x4 are rocking it pretty hard right now.. If I were to do anything else, it would be to just add bigger and or more lights :thumb:

But I think you will be fine with the 1x 700 in a 3x3.. That should net you some fine quality medicine.. I also have a growlab but I am not sure what model.. Its the 2ft7" x 5ft x 7... I love GL tents.. Good Quality.. I frigging HATE secret jardin tents and think they should all be shot in the desert.. "Sorry I had one and hated it"

I agree about the height challenge. I'm sure I'll face the same dilemma. I had to stay under 6ft because of clearance issues. I read less than favorable reviews about secret Jardin tents as well. I had the gl80 you mentioned on order, but cancelled in favor of the new sun hut blackout series tents. The sun hut gives me the full 3x3 instead of the gl 2.7 squared.

I will be using both lights to get as much product as possible :D and its hard to overdue the lighting with led just keep the temps down and make sure you keep the lights at least a foot away. I would say go with the 2 400 mars 2 as you will get better light coverage with about the same watts as the 700

Well I'm in luck if you folks think the 700 is all I need because it's already here. I just want to make the best choices first as to many times in life I do I wish for the next best. However, with this endevour I need to meet my medical needs/amounts and that's it as there are also caps for me to stay 100% legal (which I am :). I would be psyched if all I needed for my goals was the the Mars II 700 alone as would my electric bill.

By the way this is a great forum. I'm really happy to be here. I looked at quite a few, but the folks here seemed to be real kind and helpful!

Hey Arell, I missed that you posted. I have been thinking the dual 400's as well. I like that I could have two lights in the event there was any issue with one.

So confused....... But im leaning toward the 2 400's and worried the 700 wont meet the goal. If thats the plan hopefully Sara can make the return and swap happen for me. I would think she would as Mars would make an extra $100 :)

Yes this forum is awesome so glad to finally be a part of the threads not just reading them :D and honestly the 700 im sure will be in your 3x3 but the more light the better and the more panels the better coverage you'll get. I had I 700 watt mars 2 in a tent just a few inches smaller then yours and had good results for my first grow, about 1 Oz per plant, im sure it was so low due to me being a noob but I've gotten only complements about the product I would say it was a success for my first grow

Back
Top Bottom