What Grow Room To Buy - LED vs MH/HPS

steveboss94

Hey, just wanting some advice on which grow room to buy. Im only going to grow 1-2 small plants max. Only really concerned about light setups. TIA
Screenshot_2015-07-20-23-42-07.png
Screenshot_2015-07-20-23-42-17.png
Screenshot_2015-07-20-23-43-15.png
Screenshot_2015-07-20-23-43-21.png

I would go with the HPS set up. The reason is I think rose LED panels they are selling are probably garbage. The 225 LED panels tend to be 45 watts total. They will not get proper penetration into the canopy. To get good penetration into the canopy you need at least 1-1.5 watts per LED. Most quality lamps have 3-5 watts per LED.

I would go with neither. What is your budget and I see you're in Australia. There are better leds out there. Hps is old news. I'm new to this site but have been on other forums for years. I have used different leds that work and others that did not. Please take your time and do some research. I see nothing but heat issues

True except for the 'old news' bit. Yes take your time and do your research. I use the heat from my HIDs to heat my grow and cycle the air with the thermostat controlled vent fan. Heat is probably something you can do without unless you're in the very south and even then it's pretty warm there. It depends on your situation. The two types of lighting may be getting close to being on par now, with the best of the LEDs anyway. A few years from now LEDs will probably generally surpass HIDs for growing, but besides just basic growth rate, there are quite a few factors to consider between the two.

My understanding is mh is the best for growing because it has more of a blue septum that the plants need for vegetation and a hps for budding because it has a red and yellow septum best for budding. I found this out on this site. Good Luck

SteveBoss
Do yourself a favor and get a better LED panel. You will end up spending the money again if you don't upgrade to a better light now. All the other things can be of lesser quality, but the replacement for the sun ... nothing else matters unless your lighting is good. Just my opinion, but read through the journals and threads, they are filled with folks spending money twice to correct their initial lighting choice mistake. I'm not endorsing any particular manufacturer, but do more research and choose a better sun replacement. It matters MOST!

JB

I agree those LED panels are not going to grow much of anything. You would be better off with one of the better quality UFO's. It looks like a good deal but in actual use you will probably find the LED package in particular is not going to give the results your looking for. With HID I consider 400 watt to be the minimum for decent growth.

The MarsHydro has a track record of getting decent results, so yes your on the right track now. This light for one plant should work well. I grew one autoflower under a P300 and got the best results ever growing this strain. I ended up getting 2.5 oz of very resinous bud from a plant that was less than two feet tall.

Go for it! That looks like the hook up! I am not sure what the conversion rate is, but I have seen the MarsHydro 300watt panels for as low as $65 a piece US dollar on eBay.

Beware, not all "Mars Hydro" panels on eBay are really that brand, in fact most of them are not manufactured by Mars Hydro, but stickered with a knock off label.

If Mars Hydro is your choice, I would stop by the 420Magazine sponsor forum and message with SaraSmoke directly from the company. She is a very helpful lady working for them in China. The tent you posted is just over 6 Sq Ft or 640 Sq Cm. Just my opinion, but I think you would want 300+ wall watts minimum (not advertised "LED Watts") for that footprint.

Best of Buds

JB

yeah it would convert over to close plus being free delivery they probably add a bit onto it . Yeah I'll check it out a bit better it will just save the hassle im pretty sure it's a australian mars dealer so it will be quick delivery there shops is based in aus so more likely to be legit . I have 4 cfl 6500k 6000 lumens all up to add if I need it so should be right otherwise I will just add another led . If the one I get goes good when I get some more spare cash. Cheers for the comments

Back
Top Bottom